Jump to content Jump to content

So... About Push to Talk and other multiplayer settings.


justbiglee

Recommended Posts

Hi all,

This week’s been pretty awesome, on Tuesday we dropped our second World RX pack and added the ability to race against your friends and the rest of the world online and we’re really pleased that you guys have been enjoying racing against each other so much.

That part where you race against the rest of the world is causing a few issues though. There is always that one guy blasting death metal down the mic, the kid screaming in the background or somebody’s noisy wheel clunking and wurring away, oh and that weird echo/feedback thing... And all of that is getting broadcast to the whole lobby!

It’s annoying as hell (but we don’t need to tell you that) and we’re going to do something about it, this is what we’re thinking of based off of your feedback so far and it can be broken down into three parts:

Part 1 - Push To Talk
By default your microphones will all be turned off, to talk to the lobby you’ll need to push a button or key on your keyboard.

Part 2 – Muting
A set of global options which will control what you hear from other players: “mute all” will mean you’ll never hear a thing, “Friends Only” will mean you can only hear your friends and “open” means you’ll be able to talk to everybody. 

We’ll also be letting you turn voice chat off in the audio options, this will let you use your own VOIP solutions without the in game solutions getting in the way.

Part 3 - Private lobbies
This will allow you to set up a Private Online Custom Championship so that only players you invite to the session or players on your friends list can join the session. 

Being totally honest, we dropped the ball on this update. As many of you know we’re traditionally Console developers, we didn’t think about how you guys use Team Speak and Skype because we’ve been so reliant on the party chat functionality of the consoles and that little switch on the headset wire to mute the mic when needed.

This is all part of Early Access though right? It is stuff like this which is specifically why we chose to put DiRT through Early Access. To those of you offering up useful and constructive feedback, thank you. To those of you flipping out and going nuts at us... Not so much.

This isn’t all we’re looking at either; we just felt that we should let you know where we’re at and the current plan is to roll these changes out as soon as possible (read – before the Finland pack).

We’ll have more news in tomorrow’s Road Book – See you then!
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good news, but the MP needs a difficulty settings forced by server (Player AIDs: TC, ABS, SC), I think that it is not fair that some players can race with helpers while others don't, since that gives them a significant advantage and in the end everyone will use them, we should be able to set them up like in DIRT3.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

MidgardCL said:
Good news, but the MP needs a difficulty settings forced by server (Player AIDs: TC, ABS, SC), I think that it is not fair that some players can race with helpers while others don't, since that gives them a significant advantage and in the end everyone will use them, we should be able to set them up like in DIRT3.
This is one of the other aspects that will be looked at but we are focusing on the bigger issues first. 
Link to comment
Share on other sites

How exactly does the PvP work? Right now I can only find 1 open session and a "championship playlist" with one other driver. And I must say I refuse to believe that there are only 4 people in the whole world playing DiRT Rallycross PvP atm.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Myrvold said:
How exactly does the PvP work? Right now I can only find 1 open session and a "championship playlist" with one other driver. And I must say I refuse to believe that there are only 4 people in the whole world playing DiRT Rallycross PvP atm.
I think the PVP system connects (randomly) you to a lobby in "playlist".

I dont know where are you from, if Europe, at 4:00AM 99% of people is having sweet dreams...

So its quite normal you dont find people.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

OzoreXS said:
I think the PVP system connects (randomly) you to a lobby in "playlist".

I dont know where are you from, if Europe, at 4:00AM 99% of people is having sweet dreams...

So its quite normal you dont find people.
Ah, you already answered my follow-up question.
So there is a region block in the game! Well, it worked without issues to change my steam location to New York and I could play with guys from the US, without any lag!

severely dislike region blocks.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Myrvold said:
OzoreXS said:
I think the PVP system connects (randomly) you to a lobby in "playlist".

I dont know where are you from, if Europe, at 4:00AM 99% of people is having sweet dreams...

So its quite normal you dont find people.
Ah, you already answered my follow-up question.
So there is a region block in the game! Well, it worked without issues to change my steam location to New York and I could play with guys from the US, without any lag!

severely dislike region blocks.
Is there? Yesterday I was playing a PVP playlist and there was a guy from the US and a guy from Australia. And I'm from Latvia (Europe), the races took some time to start (probably because of the ping from thoses guys)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Didzis said:
Myrvold said:
OzoreXS said:
I think the PVP system connects (randomly) you to a lobby in "playlist".

I dont know where are you from, if Europe, at 4:00AM 99% of people is having sweet dreams...

So its quite normal you dont find people.
Ah, you already answered my follow-up question.
So there is a region block in the game! Well, it worked without issues to change my steam location to New York and I could play with guys from the US, without any lag!

severely dislike region blocks.
Is there? Yesterday I was playing a PVP playlist and there was a guy from the US and a guy from Australia. And I'm from Latvia (Europe), the races took some time to start (probably because of the ping from thoses guys)
Yup, you can join friends. So say if you have an american friend on steam, you can join him via the Steam Chat, but you cannot find sessions hosted by persons in other regions.
Last night I searched for sessions 03:00 our time (I live in the same timezone as you), I got one championship playlist (with only me in it), and there was 2 sessions with 2 guys in them.
I went out, changed my region to New York, and had 23 sessions open. And lots of drivers, different playlists etc.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Myrvold said:
Didzis said:
Myrvold said:
OzoreXS said:
I think the PVP system connects (randomly) you to a lobby in "playlist".

I dont know where are you from, if Europe, at 4:00AM 99% of people is having sweet dreams...

So its quite normal you dont find people.
Ah, you already answered my follow-up question.
So there is a region block in the game! Well, it worked without issues to change my steam location to New York and I could play with guys from the US, without any lag!

severely dislike region blocks.
Is there? Yesterday I was playing a PVP playlist and there was a guy from the US and a guy from Australia. And I'm from Latvia (Europe), the races took some time to start (probably because of the ping from thoses guys)
Yup, you can join friends. So say if you have an american friend on steam, you can join him via the Steam Chat, but you cannot find sessions hosted by persons in other regions.
Last night I searched for sessions 03:00 our time (I live in the same timezone as you), I got one championship playlist (with only me in it), and there was 2 sessions with 2 guys in them.
I went out, changed my region to New York, and had 23 sessions open. And lots of drivers, different playlists etc.
Those weren't my friends. They were some random people. Maybe not down right blocking, but region prioritising (higher priority for the servers nearest to you) would make sense for ping and connection syncing reasons. 
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Didzis said:
Myrvold said:
Didzis said:
Myrvold said:
OzoreXS said:
I think the PVP system connects (randomly) you to a lobby in "playlist".

I dont know where are you from, if Europe, at 4:00AM 99% of people is having sweet dreams...

So its quite normal you dont find people.
Ah, you already answered my follow-up question.
So there is a region block in the game! Well, it worked without issues to change my steam location to New York and I could play with guys from the US, without any lag!

severely dislike region blocks.
Is there? Yesterday I was playing a PVP playlist and there was a guy from the US and a guy from Australia. And I'm from Latvia (Europe), the races took some time to start (probably because of the ping from thoses guys)
Yup, you can join friends. So say if you have an american friend on steam, you can join him via the Steam Chat, but you cannot find sessions hosted by persons in other regions.
Last night I searched for sessions 03:00 our time (I live in the same timezone as you), I got one championship playlist (with only me in it), and there was 2 sessions with 2 guys in them.
I went out, changed my region to New York, and had 23 sessions open. And lots of drivers, different playlists etc.
Those weren't my friends. They were some random people. Maybe not down right blocking, but region prioritising (higher priority for the servers nearest to you) would make sense for ping and connection syncing reasons. 
They weren't your friends, but they can join their friends.
They can also choose a nation but not living in it ;)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...