Jump to content Jump to content

On 6/11/2021 at 9:38 AM, kalamazoo123 said:

Ok, so it’s 2 turns rather than 1, but they’re hardly “extensive” changes!

I think youl find there are changes to 6 corners. They are changing camber on most corners as well as actual corners themselves… they ARE quite extensive changes actually. And as many people have already said you then have to alter AI behaviour in all scenarios weather, and alter car behaviour because of the camber added. Give them a break. Jeeez 

• Agree 2
12 hours ago, johnboy83 said:

I think youl find there are changes to 6 corners. They are changing camber on most corners as well as actual corners themselves… they ARE quite extensive changes actually. And as many people have already said you then have to alter AI behaviour in all scenarios weather, and alter car behaviour because of the camber added. Give them a break. Jeeez 

Yeah ok i get it, it’s nigh on impossible, it takes forever, it cant be done blah blah blah. I guess no one will ever be able to make a game with a real circuit again if some of you are correct! Oh wait, no it happens all the time so obviously can be done 😊

• Disagree 2
10 hours ago, kalamazoo123 said:

Yeah ok i get it, it’s nigh on impossible, it takes forever, it cant be done blah blah blah. I guess no one will ever be able to make a game with a real circuit again if some of you are correct! Oh wait, no it happens all the time so obviously can be done 😊

Literally nobody has said any of that highlighted in bold. It's all well and good debating your point but it doesn't really count if you're combating an argument nobody has made.

It takes forever - It doesn't take forever, it just takes longer than people expect and resource has been divested elsewhere.

It can't be done - There is a strong implication it'll be done for the following edition. That means it can be done. 

It's nigh-on impossible - It's perfectly feasible and could be done if they had chosen to do it as a priority. They didn't choose to but the possibility is more than reasonable.

Regarding the part in italics; yes, it obviously can be done. However, you can't always compare one game producer against another. Formula One is a global market so the quality of the game has to meet a certain level and not all games have to attain that same level of getting everything exactly correct to a millimetre. Other game companies that do have to achieve the same quality product as Formula One may also have a considerably larger budget which makes it simpler for them to complete the 'real circuits' within the required time frame. 

It's like comparing a Piranha and a Shark on their ability to eat something. They'll both get it done, it's just one will get it done alot quicker than the other. 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 2
  • Social Media & Community Team
On 6/18/2021 at 7:51 PM, AndRe5550148 said:

@steviejay69@PJTierney Is there any chance for a McLaren livery with the "autogrill" logo to appear in the game? This car is so empty.

Ferrari, unfortunately, must stay like this: /

Please tell someone who deals with it to ask about such a possibility, it would be great.

I don't think we (us people on the forums) are in a position to raise this. I'm sure the dev team is aware as they watch all the races and grab lots of useful reference data from the teams. If the powers that be (whether it be F1, McLaren etc.) want that logo in the game and if it's doable, then stuff may happen.

For context, F1 2020 got a livery update a few months after launch, that tweaked a few teams as their designs changed over time. Not saying it'll happen for F1 2021 (again, I'm not a devleoper and don't speak for them), but it's what happened before.

On 6/19/2021 at 8:56 PM, DJNicks87 said:

I have a question about the Deluxe Edition pre-order that can be done from within F1 2020 @BarryBL @PJTierney

Is there a specific date by which you have to pre-order it to get the discount? Regular price on the PS Store is £74.99 but if pre-ordered using the link on the F1 2020 main screen it drops to £67.49 (IIRC).

Will be pre-ordering when I get paid at the end of the month but don’t want to miss the window for the lesser price (if there is one).

Just checked and you should be able to do this up until July 12 🙂 

• Thanks 1
On 6/20/2021 at 7:44 AM, johnboy83 said:

The problem is, many of these people, not all, are just speculating on a subject they know very little about.  

• Social Media & Community Team
3 minutes ago, VirtuaIceMan said:

Here's another upcoming change to make the end of the season more exciting, but I can't imagine Codemasters would be able to include it at all https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/abu-dhabi-approves-new-layout-plan-f1-track/6593146/

Instructions unclear, added rallycross layout instead

One question I have that I can’t seem to find an answer to anywhere is will the new tracks that will be offered as free DLC later in the year be applied to existing career saves?

For instance if I create a My Team save and get three season in by the time the tracks are available, will I then be able to add them to that save? I’d hate to be forced to start a new career just to visit Imola and Jeddah...

34 minutes ago, MasterChief2510 said:

One question I have that I can’t seem to find an answer to anywhere is will the new tracks that will be offered as free DLC later in the year be applied to existing career saves?

For instance if I create a My Team save and get three season in by the time the tracks are available, will I then be able to add them to that save? I’d hate to be forced to start a new career just to visit Imola and Jeddah...

I asked this question, and got a response of “you’d imagine they would just add it in for the next season you start” 

6 hours ago, Mattio1989 said:

I asked this question, and got a response of “you’d imagine they would just add it in for the next season you start” 

Generally when Codemasters make updates to the game, they say that it does affect existing saves. However, with something this big, it's possible you may have to start again.

Usually in the trailers, you get a hint of something new coming into the series and the fact there were no glimpses of the new tracks makes me think they're not coming until quite abit later anyway. 

7 hours ago, Mattio1989 said:

This would be my guess but I've not seen any comment about this from anyone at Codemasters.

One thing that I don’t think has been picked up on yet is the change to the font of the driver number on the My Team/Multiplayer car.

I was wondering if this is the only option we have for the number, or if there will be different styles to choose from? Also, will we be able to change the colour?

On 6/25/2021 at 12:46 AM, Mattio1989 said:

That would be my guess also as at the beginning of every season you can choose the length of season and the tracks for that season so you would hope the new tracks are added to that list. 

8 minutes ago, DRTApophis said:

(After months of crunching on getting update for all the tracks done)

Breaking News: "FIA had greenlighted the proposal of racing on Mars for the first time at the end of this year!"

CM: "%$%@&&$#@*!$&#%!$❤︎"

Forum users "expect this to be in a patch in 3 weeks, CM should have anticipated the location and scanned in advance. No excuses"

• Haha 4

Now that Istanbul Park is back on the calendar, will it be included in the game this year? It really should, really, as EA  has deep pockets and a relationship with F1 as per their mobile racer, Real Racing 3! 

Edited by FOneFanatic
16 minutes ago, naim786 said:

When will the game be available for pre download?

Providing a game supports pre-download, the general industry standard window is 24-48 hours before the release date. However, it depends which version you ordered regarding this iteration for the exact date. 

so i just sat here and read most of this thread some points are valid the rest is just repeated drivvel imo.

the game is going to have the calendar at the bottom of the text below once imola, portimao and jeddah have been finished and released as free dlc post release, i also have read that once a track is finished it will be released so we wont have to wait untill all 3 tracks have been done. 

Australias plans for the changes were only approved in Febuary this year and work physically only compleated in the last month or 2 and although people mentioned re profiled corners quite a few more have been widened also and Spain compleated work in febuary but the big thing is COVID and travel restrictions becasue of it, normally codemasters would fly out tho the circuits and take photos etc needed for the last 18 months that hasnt been possible and as most of codemasters tracks are made using photos and or lidar scans the need to be physically at the circuit unless the info/scans etc is provided to them.

Portimao was also added late to the calendar and for a while was just "TBC" with a date and i also beleive Jeddah has had a layout change from when it was initially announced by f1 as a track we was going to. 

In terms of the changes to spain and australia yes it is not great that the changes may not be included i want to race the new layouts as much as everyone else (you never know once the new tracks are done codemasters may update the tracks as part of the games life cycle and support through patches), various reasons have been mentioned already and to be frank if it was honestly as easy as some people make out dont you think the updates would be done? codemasters have had 3 compleate tracks to make this year so they should be given some slack imo considering how the world is still not in a normal situation because of covid. 

also the points of "they have EA's money now", EA would have had very little influence on F1 2021 considering the take over was again compleated the start of this year and the team making F1 2021 started working on this game after F1 2019 was released, use "they have EA's money now " for F1 2022 when they actually have had time make their influence felt  

F1-calendar-the-2971345.jpg.04dcbdbb963fdae072fb37810b024429.jpg

On 6/9/2021 at 1:29 PM, AndRe5550148 said:

1. Is it true that F1 2021 was supposed to have 2 historic circuits?

My best answer is, we all want it but it ain't coming. What's the point of having classic tracks without classic cars? Multiple sources have already discovered that there will not be any classic stuff in F1 2021... (By the way, WHY DO WE NEED A STUPID INTERACTIVE MOVIE IN a SIM RACING GAME????????? (I would personally prefer classic content...) I could just watch "Drive to Survive" and play F1 2021 races in between scenes if I want that experience!)

7 minutes ago, EpiclySlowCars said:

My best answer is, we all want it but it ain't coming. What's the point of having classic tracks without classic cars? Multiple sources have already discovered that there will not be any classic stuff in F1 2021... (By the way, WHY DO WE NEED A STUPID INTERACTIVE MOVIE IN a SIM RACING GAME????????? (I would personally prefer classic content...) I could just watch "Drive to Survive" and play F1 2021 races in between scenes if I want that experience!)

Why do you believe one comes at the expense of the other?

Just now, EpiclySlowCars said:

How could it not? Both use development money and time of which Codemasters (like any company) has a limited amount of.

From what we've learned about Braking point, it or a large part of it were outsourced to a separate company. there will be some work for CM of course to integrate into the game etc. but this could easily be said about the new tracks under development, putting together the two player career, the next gen graphical updates etc. etc. 

Honestly if nothing about classic cars was changing, I'd rather see something new, however throwaway it may be. 

If they want to drop a paid DLC with classic cars and the ability to race close to a full historic grid on a circuit with the appropriate changes, like Project Cars did with Le Mans, Id' snap it up but as it is, it offers nothing like that experience. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2