Jump to content Jump to content

Totally agree with this. I must admit I usually selected classic cars if creating an online lobby or having a quick ten lap race. But I’d rather they offer historical DLC instead going forward, maybe do a “Magic Moments in F1” DLC where you take part in various scenarios. It’s wishful thinking I know, but the point is I’d rather something new with F1 2021 as well. This new story mode looks quite entertaining...

• Agree 2
10 minutes ago, MasterChief2510 said:

Totally agree with this. I must admit I usually selected classic cars if creating an online lobby or having a quick ten lap race. But I’d rather they offer historical DLC instead going forward, maybe do a “Magic Moments in F1” DLC where you take part in various scenarios. It’s wishful thinking I know, but the point is I’d rather something new with F1 2021 as well. This new story mode looks quite entertaining...

Man they missed a real trick not getting something done like this already, with some screen filters and old school TV overlay, Murray Walker on the commentary. What a treat that would have been. 

Perhaps EA still has some of his old recordings :classic_rolleyes:

• Agree 1

I would prefer to have historic tracks and well-made tracks that have been in the game for many years, than a story, which I personally do not need for anything in F1, it was not there for many years and no one complained, and now suddenly they come up with something (the question is whether it will be interesting and worth attention). I have been playing F1 since 2010 and since 2017 I pay more attention to curbs etc. And nothing has changed over the years, and it's probably about time and then you can do the plot and other things.

This is my private opinion, everyone has their own probably different from me.

• Agree 2

Couldn't care less about the story mode...these modes are not sustainable and NBA, FIFA etc. etc. all walked the same route.  Storymode for more or less 3 years and then it just dies out or turns into a normal career mode.

What F1 games seriously need is better immersion.  Currently a season in any of the modes are just a series of races.  No newsfeeds, no rumor mills, no drama, no contextual commentary etc.  There is literally no hype surrounding any aspect of a season.

We need preseason testing, similarly to how the Motogp games have done it.  You have to test different aspects of your machine and opt for the one or the other without knowing really which one is the best and only go by feel.  This can give you an advantage or disadvantage for the season.

They should make your team upgradeable...pit team (determining your pit stop speed), engineer (influencing your strategies), weather person (influencing the accuracy of your weather reports and forecasts)...all of this has been done before.

We need a more in-depth career mode with better immersion.  A story mode on rails is a one off investment that few will replay...but I suppose it is the easy money option.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 6
4 hours ago, R9NALD09 said:

Couldn't care less about the story mode...these modes are not sustainable and NBA, FIFA etc. etc. all walked the same route.  Storymode for more or less 3 years and then it just dies out or turns into a normal career mode.

What F1 games seriously need is better immersion.  Currently a season in any of the modes are just a series of races.  No newsfeeds, no rumor mills, no drama, no contextual commentary etc.  There is literally no hype surrounding any aspect of a season.

We need preseason testing, similarly to how the Motogp games have done it.  You have to test different aspects of your machine and opt for the one or the other without knowing really which one is the best and only go by feel.  This can give you an advantage or disadvantage for the season.

They should make your team upgradeable...pit team (determining your pit stop speed), engineer (influencing your strategies), weather person (influencing the accuracy of your weather reports and forecasts)...all of this has been done before.

We need a more in-depth career mode with better immersion.  A story mode on rails is a one off investment that few will replay...but I suppose it is the easy money option.

Totally agree! Also, "Breaking Point" is only 6 hours long and it is the type of mode that you will likely only play once...

4 minutes ago, EpiclySlowCars said:

Totally agree! Also, "Breaking Point" is only 6 hours long and it is the type of mode that you will likely only play once...

I don’t know about that. 

I’ll probably play it through a couple of times and choose different teams. Who knows, the teams you pick and how you do in race scenarios etc may shape how the story goes, so it may have some replay value. 

I get that people don’t think Braking Point, or other introductions in other games, are for them and that’s fine.  However, it’s about being as diverse as they can with the modes and aiming for as many demographics as possible and it comes across as a little selfish when people say the game is wasting resource because a particular addition doesn’t appeal to them. 
There are probably quite a lot of people that are actually looking forward to trying something new, or even those that just think it’s exactly the direction that they’d want the games to be heading in.   I’m not overly surprised many, if there are any, people have expressed an opinion on here saying they’re looking forward to Braking Point as the general propaganda is that it’s aimed for children and a mode that’s not worth it after 6 hours. 
Personally, I’m going to give it a go and if it totally bombs, then that’s a shame. However, it may be a pleasant surprise with significant replayability factor but I don’t think a few hours of giving it a fair trial is going to be the end of the world for people. 

• Agree 1
23 hours ago, DJNicks87 said:

I don’t know about that. 

I’ll probably play it through a couple of times and choose different teams. Who knows, the teams you pick and how you do in race scenarios etc may shape how the story goes, so it may have some replay value. 

I hope this is the case , and not just a standard linear story where no matter what you do and choose it will be the same outcome , some replay value would be good.

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Madmaz116 said:

I hope this is the case , and not just a standard linear story where no matter what you do and choose it will be the same outcome , some replay value would be good.

Same but I do get the feeling it's going to be pretty linear with your choice of teams being aesthetic based rather than changing anything in the story. 

Genuinely hope I'm wrong, and I am looking forward to it, but all the signs look to a fairly generic story with rigid framing and the gameplay being task based, must achieve X to continue. 

Not anticipating Tales From The Borderlands here. 

Edited by KNT2011
19 hours ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

I get that people don’t think Braking Point, or other introductions in other games, are for them and that’s fine.  However, it’s about being as diverse as they can with the modes and aiming for as many demographics as possible and it comes across as a little selfish when people say the game is wasting resource because a particular addition doesn’t appeal to them. 
There are probably quite a lot of people that are actually looking forward to trying something new, or even those that just think it’s exactly the direction that they’d want the games to be heading in.   I’m not overly surprised many, if there are any, people have expressed an opinion on here saying they’re looking forward to Braking Point as the general propaganda is that it’s aimed for children and a mode that’s not worth it after 6 hours. 
Personally, I’m going to give it a go and if it totally bombs, then that’s a shame. However, it may be a pleasant surprise with significant replayability factor but I don’t think a few hours of giving it a fair trial is going to be the end of the world for people. 

You are absolutely right to say that the addition of the 'Story' to the game is a valid addition to the game, I personally was'nt a fan of the idea but after reading that little Mickey Schumacher's mummy had talked to Guenther Steiner about the little poppets seat position being a bit out of alignment and perhaps he could get a wriggle on and sort it ; I now realise that F1 has changed more than I thought it had and the days of people finishing a race with a cut and bleeding palm after the  gear **** fell off halfway through a race are well and truly gone. In this 'New World' this little story is  the perfect compliment and rightly takes its place leading entertainment for the masses to new heights in the same way that Ridley Scott's direction of 'Blade Runner' broke new ground for science fiction in the early 80s. "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Been knocked off track by the AI off the shoulder of a tyre, I've watched cheaters getting away with it 24 hours a day , all these moments will be lost in time ; like braking points in rain ............... Time to cry."

• Haha 1
12 minutes ago, Sector4 said:

@BarryBL

Any confirmation whether we can use the faces, helmets and audio names of the 7 iconic drivers to customize our own drivers? 

I’m sure I’ve seen somewhere else on the forum that this can’t be done. 

The 7 iconic drivers (and their helmets/faces etc) can only be used as your team-mate in MyTeam mode, nowhere else.

9 hours ago, DJNicks87 said:

I’m sure I’ve seen somewhere else on the forum that this can’t be done. 

The 7 iconic drivers (and their helmets/faces etc) can only be used as your team-mate in MyTeam mode, nowhere else.

Just seems like the normal EA nonsense with really lacklustre lazy implementation.  They've got the license to some of the biggest names in the history of F1 and you can only select them as a teammate.  Will the AI be able to sign them?  Make it an option perhaps?

Maybe a mode where you have to beat these legends in challenges etc.

Game lacks soul.

Really disappointed about:

• Lack of TV graphics
  • Lack of immersion in any mode (newsfeeds, rumor mills, emails, contextual commentary, F1 records etc)
  • Incompetent AI in dry-wet, wet-dry races and any race tbh
  • PS2 era level of customization in My Team
  • Lack of preseason testing in career modes
  • Only 10 year career
  • Inaccurate tracks
  • Inaccurate seasons meaning, we don't even have all the tracks for the official season and won't be getting them later either

Man the game has so much potential.  Props to Codemasters for the My Team mode, and enhancements in AI aggressiveness, racing them on track etc.  But just having a mode and then leaving it is not good enough.  We need deeper, more dynamic modes.

• Agree 7
13 hours ago, Exasperated said:

You are absolutely right to say that the addition of the 'Story' to the game is a valid addition to the game, I personally was'nt a fan of the idea but after reading that little Mickey Schumacher's mummy had talked to Guenther Steiner about the little poppets seat position being a bit out of alignment and perhaps he could get a wriggle on and sort it ; I now realise that F1 has changed more than I thought it had and the days of people finishing a race with a cut and bleeding palm after the  gear **** fell off halfway through a race are well and truly gone. In this 'New World' this little story is  the perfect compliment and rightly takes its place leading entertainment for the masses to new heights in the same way that Ridley Scott's direction of 'Blade Runner' broke new ground for science fiction in the early 80s. "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Been knocked off track by the AI off the shoulder of a tyre, I've watched cheaters getting away with it 24 hours a day , all these moments will be lost in time ; like braking points in rain ............... Time to cry."

I have no idea what you're trying to say.  I can see that you're trying really hard to come across as funny so, you know, props for that. I'm sure you'll get there eventually.

I'll try and decipher the ramble into some sort of coherence.

• You are absolutely right to say that the addition of the 'Story' to the game is a valid addition to the game, I personally was'nt a fan of the idea  - I am also not the biggest fan of the idea. It's not the direction i'd be hoping it would go personally, but F1 has always been an 'older generation' thing so I don't blame them for trying to bring younger demographics in.
  • after reading that little Mickey Schumacher's mummy had talked to Guenther Steiner about the little poppets seat position being a bit out of alignment and perhaps he could get a wriggle on and sort it,  As far as i'm aware, he even got Vettel to look at it in a hope that he could fix it. Imagine doing anything to try and get a few tenths of a second advantage in a sport of miniscule margins. What an absolute toddler. 
  • I now realise that F1 has changed more than I thought it had and the days of people finishing a race with a cut and bleeding palm after the  gear **** fell off halfway through a race are well and truly gone. - I know, right!  We all pine for the days where drivers like Tom Pryce would plough through marshalls at 170mph and there'd be a crash like Von Trips that would also wipe out a few spectators as well. Nowadays they're all a little soft and they even walk out of fireballs with only significant burns.  Just not the same now that a wonky chair is their biggest concern.
  • In this 'New World' this little story is  the perfect compliment and rightly takes its place leading entertainment for the masses to new heights in the same way that Ridley Scott's direction of 'Blade Runner' broke new ground for science fiction in the early 80s. - I haven't watched BladeRunner but that does sound like high praise. I too look forward for this Braking Point to be award-winning as that is obviously the intention they had when they were coming up with the mode.   Although, as I remember, people thought Blade Runner was pants when it first came out and only appreciated it later. So maybe public perception will change a few years down the line if this new mode is a complete dud. 
  • "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Been knocked off track by the AI off the shoulder of a tyre, I've watched cheaters getting away with it 24 hours a day , - I too have sometimes had issues with the collision model where i'm been slightly grazed by a tyre and i'd been punted all the way into the next race weekend. I am glad it's a shared experience.  I've seen alot of whining about cheaters too but I don't play online all that often and I really have no qualms about people trying to win, even unfairly. Ends justify the means.     
  • all these moments will be lost in time ; like braking points in rain ............... Time to cry."- Happily imagining someone losing the correct place to brake in rainy conditions, overshooting the corner, and just being in floods of tears. That's the entertainment I want from livestreams.

Now, i'm not sure if that was what you're trying to say but some salient points you've made there, i'm sure. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Administrator
3 hours ago, R9NALD09 said:

Just seems like the normal EA nonsense with really lacklustre lazy implementation.  They've got the license to some of the biggest names in the history of F1 and you can only select them as a teammate.  Will the AI be able to sign them?  Make it an option perhaps?

Maybe a mode where you have to beat these legends in challenges etc.

Game lacks soul.

Really disappointed about:

• Lack of TV graphics
  • Lack of immersion in any mode (newsfeeds, rumor mills, emails, contextual commentary, F1 records etc)
  • Incompetent AI in dry-wet, wet-dry races and any race tbh
  • PS2 era level of customization in My Team
  • Lack of preseason testing in career modes
  • Only 10 year career
  • Inaccurate tracks
  • Inaccurate seasons meaning, we don't even have all the tracks for the official season and won't be getting them later either

Man the game has so much potential.  Props to Codemasters for the My Team mode, and enhancements in AI aggressiveness, racing them on track etc.  But just having a mode and then leaving it is not good enough.  We need deeper, more dynamic modes.

I an feed back on some of the issues mentioned:

• Incompetent AI in dry-wet, wet-dry races and any race tbh - Races offline seems good on 2021 and the AI behaviour is much improved. Online racing is driver subjective.
  • PS2 era level of customization in My Team - Second year of the mode, however, we are working to continue to develop this
  • Lack of preseason testing in career modes - We suspect a lack of interest in this mode, however, one for you to suggest in 2021 when launched.
  • Only 10 year career- A tiny, tiny percentage of players have even got to year 8, yet alone 10. Its under 0.05%
  • Inaccurate seasons meaning, we don't even have all the tracks for the official season and won't be getting them later either - Tracks take a year to make at least under normal circumstances, and with the calendar constantly changing seemingly weekly at the moment. We have provided the agreed initial calendar with F1 and FOM, with 3 tracks coming later on in the year.

I think saying its 'lazy implementation' is somewhat unfair on the people who have worked hard on the game. We've had ever changing calendars, uncertainty for the past 2 years and major rule changes next season. We've added a new damage model from scratch, a new story mode (give it a chance, I've finished it and its really good), improvements to AI and on-track action.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 7
5 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

• PS2 era level of customization in My Team - Second year of the mode, however, we are working to continue to develop this
  • Lack of preseason testing in career modes - We suspect a lack of interest in this mode, however, one for you to suggest in 2021 when launched.

Could I suggest they play and look at the previous titles have released on Xbox 360? Like F1 2010 f1 2012 f1 2013? The bread and butter of career mode is on there. Might give the team helpfull hints on where inspiration for ideas old and new could go next. They might enjoy it too.

Pre-season testing could be made more interesting for development points in my team so for example depending on how many laps in testing you do around Barcelona/Bahrain the more points you get. Similar to teams in real life gathering data in testing.

22 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

• Inaccurate seasons meaning, we don't even have all the tracks for the official season and won't be getting them later either - Tracks take a year to make at least under normal circumstances, and with the calendar constantly changing seemingly weekly at the moment. We have provided the agreed initial calendar with F1 and FOM, with 3 tracks coming later on in the year.

I'm guessing the new tracks won't be coming too soon after release? Probably 2-3 months later or who knows if not more.

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

• Incompetent AI in dry-wet, wet-dry races and any race tbh - Races offline seems good on 2021 and the AI behaviour is much improved. Online racing is driver subjective.
  • Only 10 year career- A tiny, tiny percentage of players have even got to year 8, yet alone 10. Its under 0.05%

I think saying its 'lazy implementation' is somewhat unfair on the people who have worked hard on the game. We've had ever changing calendars, uncertainty for the past 2 years and major rule changes next season. We've added a new damage model from scratch, a new story mode (give it a chance, I've finished it and its really good), improvements to AI and on-track action.

I agree with some of this , i thought the Ai was pretty good in 2020 in my opinion , best its ever been I think . I wouldnt be interested in pre season testing. , Customazation is poor on consoles , really poor. Re the 10 season career I think the only reason people dont go past year 7 or 8 is becasue its far too easy to keep your car developed at its MAX because the resource points just keep coming think and fast, I played with no track practice , and chose no events that gave me resource points and i was still able to earn a ton from the weekly resource thats given , its too easy!! Even with regulation changes.

so yeh bit unfair to say some of it is "lazy implentation" but some areas could do with a facelift and i know some of that is coming in 2021 , cant wait.

Edited by Madmaz116
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
5 hours ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

😀I have no idea what you're trying to say.  I can see that you're trying really hard to come across as funny so, you know, props for that. I'm sure you'll get there eventually.

I'll try and decipher the ramble into some sort of coherence.

• You are absolutely right to say that the addition of the 'Story' to the game is a valid addition to the game, I personally was'nt a fan of the idea  - I am also not the biggest fan of the idea. It's not the direction i'd be hoping it would go personally, but F1 has always been an 'older generation' thing so I don't blame them for trying to bring younger demographics in.
  • after reading that little Mickey Schumacher's mummy had talked to Guenther Steiner about the little poppets seat position being a bit out of alignment and perhaps he could get a wriggle on and sort it,  As far as i'm aware, he even got Vettel to look at it in a hope that he could fix it. Imagine doing anything to try and get a few tenths of a second advantage in a sport of miniscule margins. What an absolute toddler. 
  • I now realise that F1 has changed more than I thought it had and the days of people finishing a race with a cut and bleeding palm after the  gear **** fell off halfway through a race are well and truly gone. - I know, right!  We all pine for the days where drivers like Tom Pryce would plough through marshalls at 170mph and there'd be a crash like Von Trips that would also wipe out a few spectators as well. Nowadays they're all a little soft and they even walk out of fireballs with only significant burns.  Just not the same now that a wonky chair is their biggest concern.
  • In this 'New World' this little story is  the perfect compliment and rightly takes its place leading entertainment for the masses to new heights in the same way that Ridley Scott's direction of 'Blade Runner' broke new ground for science fiction in the early 80s. - I haven't watched BladeRunner but that does sound like high praise. I too look forward for this Braking Point to be award-winning as that is obviously the intention they had when they were coming up with the mode.   Although, as I remember, people thought Blade Runner was pants when it first came out and only appreciated it later. So maybe public perception will change a few years down the line if this new mode is a complete dud. 
  • "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Been knocked off track by the AI off the shoulder of a tyre, I've watched cheaters getting away with it 24 hours a day , - I too have sometimes had issues with the collision model where i'm been slightly grazed by a tyre and i'd been punted all the way into the next race weekend. I am glad it's a shared experience.  I've seen alot of whining about cheaters too but I don't play online all that often and I really have no qualms about people trying to win, even unfairly. Ends justify the means.     
  • all these moments will be lost in time ; like braking points in rain ............... Time to cry."- Happily imagining someone losing the correct place to brake in rainy conditions, overshooting the corner, and just being in floods of tears. That's the entertainment I want from livestreams.

Now, i'm not sure if that was what you're trying to say but some salient points you've made there, i'm sure. 

You're talents are so wasted  here , shouldn't you be doing something more serious, I'm just a strategically shaven monkey so my time isn't wasted but yes your translation and analysis  of the text seems to be fairly accurate , yes the story is an addition to the F1 game that fits very nicely indeed , and no doubt will be enjoyed by many players .............and their mummy's. lol.

2 hours ago, Madmaz116 said:

I agree with some of this , i thought the Ai was pretty good in 2020 in my opinion , best its ever been I think . I wouldnt be interested in pre season testing. , Customazation is poor on consoles , really poor. Re the 10 season career I think the only reason people dont go past year 7 or 8 is becasue its far too easy to keep your car developed at its MAX because the resource points just keep coming think and fast, I played with no track practice , and chose no events that gave me resource points and i was still able to earn a ton from the weekly resource thats given , its too easy!! Even with regulation changes.

so yeh bit unfair to say some of it is "lazy implentation" but some areas could do with a facelift and i know some of that is coming in 2021 , cant wait.

I'm very curious on exactly how much the resources gain settings in F1 2021 will affect it. During late game (season 6th) in 2020, setting it to only 25% gain with cheat engine,  even without completing all practice programs the regenerations are still a bit too quick imo. 

On 6/30/2021 at 5:20 AM, R9NALD09 said:

I think the career mode is good as is for an annual game - and this from someone who’s never played the bloody thing😜. All additional drama should be on the racetrack, not outside of it, and there is enough of that with the F1 regulations! What the game needs is to reflect the current track layout, ad hoc as it may seem at times, but reflect it all the same. Another cool gamey thing would be the ability to do time laps in the F1 pace car! This is something I’ve been asking for a while now. This will add a new aspect to the game, especially for drivers who want to drive a non-F1 car on F1 circuits! The car would be drivable in time trial mode only and follow F1 regulations. This will be a cool GAME feature indeed! Come on EA, let’s dig deep and ensure that Istanbul Park make its way into this years game!