Jump to content Jump to content

2 hours ago, DJNicks87 said:

I wonder how many of the people screaming for an accurate track list will be calling for Melbourne to be removed bEcAuSe It’S nOt On ThE cAlEnDaR?

After all the drama on whether it should reflect real-life track specifications as well...

Looking forward to when a replacement is announced and there will be calls for putting Fuji/Sepang/wherever in the game immediately while pointing out how lazy they are for not already having the track ready to go already. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1
1 hour ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

After all the drama on whether it should reflect real-life track specifications as well...

Looking forward to when a replacement is announced and there will be calls for putting Fuji/Sepang/wherever in the game immediately while pointing out how lazy they are for not already having the track ready to go already. 

Sepang was in F1 2017 so they're done, no problem 😉

• Haha 1
40 minutes ago, AndRe5550148 said:

Sepang was in F1 2017 so they're done, no problem 😉

You'd think so, but not quite. The cars themselves are different so wouldn't interact with the track in the same way that the previous ones did so you can't just import it and think it'll be fine.  It'd be a hell of a headstart though as opposed to creating an all new track or modifying an existing one! 

That being said, they've stuck to the party line that they'll use the calendar specified at the start of the year so we wouldn't have them anyway.  I just await the barrage of posts saying that they should be in the game regardless. 

• Agree 1
6 minutes ago, zoltan1996 said:

Hi @BarryBL the new tracks to coming to f1 2021 and updated tracks will be a free update or we have to pay for it

It’s already been confirmed that Imola, Portimao and Jeddah will be included in a free update. 

They are the only tracks we’ll be getting in addition to the ones present on day one.

2 minutes ago, DJNicks87 said:

It’s already been confirmed that Imola, Portimao and Jeddah will be included in a free update. 

They are the only tracks we’ll be getting in addition to the ones present on day one.

okay thanks for the info @DJNicks87

• Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, Rafetagamer 2.0 said:

There will be crossplay between Ps5 and Ps4 or those of us who play on Ps5 will only play against Ps5 players?

I’ve seen it stated that there will be crossgen play (ps5 can play PS4) but there won’t be cross platform where PlayStation can play Xbox. 
I can find the article if you need definitive proof but that should answer your question. 

• Thanks 2
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

I’ve seen it stated that there will be crossgen play (ps5 can play PS4) but there won’t be cross platform where PlayStation can play Xbox. 
I can find the article if you need definitive proof but that should answer your question. 

Thank you. Btw I think Codie should bring more info about the online modes, and they should improve more that aspect of the game. I would apprecite more attention in the future to online.

Edited by Rafetagamer 2.0
  • Like 1
5 hours ago, AndRe5550148 said:

0 track changes that have needed it for years, another joke.

Edit: Japan track has updated why only this one?

I don't believe Japan is the only one that has changed. Alex Gillon certainly referred to lots of minor changes to various tracks at the start of his video posted today.

2 hours ago, Ultra3142 said:

I don't believe Japan is the only one that has changed. Alex Gillon certainly referred to lots of minor changes to various tracks at the start of his video posted today.

The tracks where the changes took place are: Canada, China, Japan, Abu Dhabi. There you can see immediately that something has been changed and done but Monza and Hungaroring look tragically bad curbs for many years to this chicane badly done. There are some small changes on other tracks but that's not what they need, they need what Japan needs.

On 7/2/2021 at 11:53 AM, BarryBL said:

I an feed back on some of the issues mentioned:

• Incompetent AI in dry-wet, wet-dry races and any race tbh - Races offline seems good on 2021 and the AI behaviour is much improved. Online racing is driver subjective.
  • PS2 era level of customization in My Team - Second year of the mode, however, we are working to continue to develop this
  • Lack of preseason testing in career modes - We suspect a lack of interest in this mode, however, one for you to suggest in 2021 when launched.
  • Only 10 year career- A tiny, tiny percentage of players have even got to year 8, yet alone 10. Its under 0.05%
  • Inaccurate seasons meaning, we don't even have all the tracks for the official season and won't be getting them later either - Tracks take a year to make at least under normal circumstances, and with the calendar constantly changing seemingly weekly at the moment. We have provided the agreed initial calendar with F1 and FOM, with 3 tracks coming later on in the year.

I think saying its 'lazy implementation' is somewhat unfair on the people who have worked hard on the game. We've had ever changing calendars, uncertainty for the past 2 years and major rule changes next season. We've added a new damage model from scratch, a new story mode (give it a chance, I've finished it and its really good), improvements to AI and on-track action.

I thought you said AI strategy was improved haha lmao

Can you please let me know why the AI doesn't go for medium tyres in Q2 like in real life?  I mean they've been doing it in real life for years now.

Also please take into consideration to replace the box top right with a timing box they show in qualifying/practice on TV comparing our current lap time with P1 or the cut off time for Q1 and Q2.  I honestly don't care how my current lap compares to my own best lap but more how it compares to pole lap time or the cut off time.  And to be fair, the green/yellow/purple bar at the bottom of each sector already tells me if it is faster/slower than my best efforts.

8 hours ago, AndRe5550148 said:

The tracks where the changes took place are: Canada, China, Japan, Abu Dhabi. There you can see immediately that something has been changed  

So I was right then 🙂.

6 hours ago, Ultra3142 said:

So I was right then 🙂.

They changed 4 tracks to 20 in the game, so I do not see any reasons to be happy here because many tracks are in the game in the 2016 version and some are even worse.

On 7/13/2021 at 1:28 AM, R9NALD09 said:

I thought you said AI strategy was improved haha lmao

Can you please let me know why the AI doesn't go for medium tyres in Q2 like in real life?  I mean they've been doing it in real life for years now.

Also please take into consideration to replace the box top right with a timing box they show in qualifying/practice on TV comparing our current lap time with P1 or the cut off time for Q1 and Q2.  I honestly don't care how my current lap compares to my own best lap but more how it compares to pole lap time or the cut off time.  And to be fair, the green/yellow/purple bar at the bottom of each sector already tells me if it is faster/slower than my best efforts.

What AI do you play? At around 100 AI One of or both of the Mercedes, Redbull, and Ferraris would try mediums in Q2 on tracks like Austria and Monza, and a few would come back out if their time was close to 10th. Basically any track with a .8 delta between softs/mediums would see a couple of cars on medium IIRC. I would only qualify on mediums if somebody else did, and I qualifed on mediums several times in 2.5 seasons of my team and career.

If you play on a lower difficulty, then you are complaining because the game was trying to help you. If you play on a higher difficulty, then you didn't spend much time in career mode or my team in 2020. 

Edited by ChicagoSeminole
  • Like 2
1 minute ago, ChicagoSeminole said:

What AI do you play? At around 100 AI One of both of the Mercedes, Redbull, and Ferraris would try mediums in Q2 on tracks like Austria and Monza, and a few would come back out if their time was close to 10th. Basically any track with a .8 delta between softs/mediums would see a couple of cars on medium IIRC

I was just watching a bit of Aarava's latest video where the AI did the same in Q2 at Monaco:

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, chechujsr14 said:

I have a question that may have been answered but, Is Codemaster going to add the sprint qualifying in some GP such as Silverstone? 

I don't think so, although I can't remember for certain if Barry from Codemasters definitely said it wouldn't be.