Jump to content Jump to content

Race director 'mode'

alexstuff

Hello,

This came up in my mind, but what about if a person (that can chosen by the host (the host can choose himself)) is the race director and can decide when for example a (virtual) safety car is deployed? 

The race director has the power to deploy the VSC or SC (maybe decide how long it will be out by clicking a button to indicate that the VSC or SC is about to end?), hand out and remove penalties. etc. I can't think of more to be honest. 

I think this is a good idea because leagues might find it better to decide for themselves rather than the game doing it for them. But also open lobbies can be stewarded and can give out penalties for dirty drivers. 

On 6/10/2021 at 8:20 PM, alexstuff said:

Hello,

This came up in my mind, but what about if a person (that can chosen by the host (the host can choose himself)) is the race director and can decide when for example a (virtual) safety car is deployed? 

The race director has the power to deploy the VSC or SC (maybe decide how long it will be out by clicking a button to indicate that the VSC or SC is about to end?), hand out and remove penalties. etc. I can't think of more to be honest. 

I think this is a good idea because leagues might find it better to decide for themselves rather than the game doing it for them. But also open lobbies can be stewarded and can give out penalties for dirty drivers. 

I like the general idea.  I do feel that it’s something that would sound better on paper and would crumple a little in practice when the system gets abused by people finding loopholes and favouring certain drivers and penalising others heavily for little indiscretions. 
It does help inclusivity for those who want to be involved but aren’t as quick as other races. 
An intriguing idea that may work with tweaks and regulations. 

Archived