Jump to content Jump to content

Voice Chat Silent All Lobbies on Headset & Speakers (PC)

• A detailed description of the issue.
    • I have played F1 2020 on Steam for over 100 hours since April 2020. In all game modes and in all lobbies, I have not heard player voice chat in the lobby nor in the race/quali sessions. I have googled the issue and used recommended fixes including ensuring my input and output devices are properly set to default, and for Windows (10) to not mute or decrease volume of applications. I have no other issues with sound in the game other than player voice chat. All my other programs, voice clients, and games allow me to hear game voice chat in those applications.
    • The game is outputting the voice chat in some capacity (I made sure my voice chat was enabled in F1 2020 settings) because when I stream the game to Discord, my friends can hear the player voice chat from other players, including myself. I have replicated this issue using both speakers and a headset.
  • Platform
    • PC (Steam)
  • What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen)
    • 1.18, also occurred during 1.17.
  • Ranked/Unranked/Leagues
    • All scenarios.
  • Wired or Wireless Connection?
    • PC connected to Spectrum router by wire.
  • The amount of players in your session?
    • All sessions, all lobbies, all number of players.
  • Were you the host?
    • Issue persists whether I am host or not.
  • Did this issue happens for everyone in the session, just some people or just yourself? What did they see?
    • Others can speak, I can see their mic queuing, but I cannot hear them. Other players can hear me.
  • We need to be able to make your problem happen internally so we can fix the issue. Can you make the problem happen again?
    • I can make the issue happen every time I launch the game and play any lobby.
  • How do you make the problem happen?
    • Join any lobby with other players who can queue a mic.
  • Can you add a report code. How to find this is in Main Menu > Game Options > Settings > 16 digit code in the bottom left of the screen. Please make sure that this is the code from the session you had the issue in. Adding report codes from as many users in your session as possible would be really helpful here.
    • N/A: Occurs in all lobbies in all sessions since buying the game.
  • Video of the issue, including timestamps. Did you stream the session?
    • N/A, occurs in all situations / permanent issue.