Jump to content Jump to content

F1 2021 - Driver customization

Hi there!

First of all, I'm new here, so HELLOW to everyone!  👋🙂 I'm from Germany so my English is not that good, so please be lenient. :

To my question:
D
oes anybody know, if Codemasters will improve the driver customization? In 2020 there were only 30(?) driver faces and the same as in 2019, though.
I would like some sort of face editor, where you can adjust hair, eyes, nose, mouth ... and so on. Especially for multiplayer this would be nice. Do you think EA will move in this direction? In the Game Changer beta version of F1 2021, the driver appearance was deactived, so maybe Coemasters is planing to improve this feature.

What do you think?
Greetings!

• Agree 1

I feel like we would have heard about this is true, but you never know I guess. 

I agree for multiplayer it's all too the same, even the silly suits, all end up with everything looking the same. No way for a player to express themselves in a meaningful way.  

I think in 2022, maybe. With the cars themselves getting a radical overhaul, maybe they'll chuck in a radical player overhaul.  I think, in general, it'll be the same as last year. 

EA won't have much input into player editing for this version of the game but, for next year, even if they adopt the exact same models as FIFA where you can microchange little things then at least there'll be some variety there. 

Edited by SmokyAtom07

None of the various gameplay videos have mentioned a change this year so there probably won't be one. I agree there is plenty is scope for improvement as other sports games do better.

1 minute ago, FTBuzzard said:

I think 30 faces is more than enough, but they could add more female faces.

Definitely more female faces, yes.

My main consideration is that we're in a period of inclusion, diversity and unison. Every player should be able to start a game, go to the player creating section and be able to design somebody that they identify with. I am more than aware that it's nigh impossible to create someone who looks exactly like you, but there should be enough so that everyone who plays the game feels they have the adequate amount of representation.

Is 30 faces enough? Maybe, maybe not.  I suspect that, after a while, people just like when things are freshened up. You know, change for change's sake. So I suspect within the next 2-3 iterations, there'll be alterations. Moving to next-gen platforms will probably accompany this. 

16 minutes ago, FTBuzzard said:

I think 30 faces is more than enough, but they could add more female faces.

Have you played a game with much greater customisation, like changing eyebrows, chin length etc? It makes a huge difference in terms of the ability to get a face that looks like the player's own. A choice of 30 is absolutely tiny compared to this.

Is it essential? Clearly not. But it would be a nice improvement that other games prove is perfectly possible.

2 hours ago, Ultra3142 said:

Have you played a game with much greater customisation, like changing eyebrows, chin length etc? It makes a huge difference in terms of the ability to get a face that looks like the player's own. A choice of 30 is absolutely tiny compared to this.

[...]

Think about the complex face editor in PES 2020. How amazing that would be to customize your face like that. 😄

• Agree 2
5 hours ago, Ultra3142 said:

Is it essential? Clearly not. But it would be a nice improvement that other games prove is perfectly possible.

NASCAR Heat series has this.

Personally speaking, I've always wanted a detailed driver editor like that in the F1 Games.

• Agree 1
22 hours ago, s00zster said:

NASCAR Heat series has this.

Personally speaking, I've always wanted a detailed driver editor like that in the F1 Games.

It's sucks to be an eastern Asian F1 fan, there's only one male option for us in the whole selection and it wasn't even a decent looking one (sorry to the person who that's modelled after but still...😟).

17 hours ago, DRTApophis said:

It's sucks to be an eastern Asian F1 fan, there's only one male option for us in the whole selection and it wasn't even a decent looking one (sorry to the person who that's modelled after but still...😟).

Genuinely pretty pathetic when you consider there are such minor variations of white character models throughout.