Sign in to follow this  

Today's Grand Prix!

I was wondering why I hadn't seen the Austrian track in any of the games I bought.  I didn't realize it was even missing from the F1 series I had until during the actual race this morning they talked about it coming back thanx to Red Bull from an 11 year hiatus!  I remember watching Schumacher's win there but never realized it had gone off the schedule!

In any case, and although I would have preferred seeing one of the Williams's drivers wining the race after capturing both poles by Q3, ( not an easy thing against the Mercedes ), I found the venue particularly interesting and fun to watch because out of all the tracks on the official circuit, this one makes the cars stack up in dense groups more than any other, calling for extreme driving ability!  That and the toll this track takes on one's brakes because of the short straights turning into what in the majority are downhill curves, made this one of the more exciting races so far!

FFOman said:

I was wondering why I hadn't seen the Austrian track in any of the games I bought.  I didn't realize it was even missing from the F1 series I had until during the actual race this morning they talked about it coming back thanx to Red Bull from an 11 year hiatus!  I remember watching Schumacher's win there but never realized it had gone off the schedule!

In any case, and although I would have preferred seeing one of the Williams's drivers wining the race after capturing both poles by Q3, ( not an easy thing against the Mercedes ), I found the venue particularly interesting and fun to watch because out of all the tracks on the official circuit, this one makes the cars stack up in dense groups more than any other, calling for extreme driving ability!  That and the toll this track takes on one's brakes because of the short straights turning into what in the majority are downhill curves, made this one of the more exciting races so far!

You haven't seen the Austrian track in the games because of that exact reason you said! It's the first time they've been there in 11 years.

I'm sure as per the licence CM have the track has to be in the game so there is no issue there, just a matter of how good it looks compared to the other who have been in previous games.

The circuit featured in Grid 2 and will also be in Grid Autosport, so it’s already had the full Codemasters treatment ahead of F1 2014.

Good to know it'll be in the 2014 release.  It's a good one and adds a dimension that doesn't really exist in any of the other tracks except perhaps Monaco which also provides a race with a lot of close traffic.

The circuit featured in Grid 2 and will also be in Grid Autosport, so it’s already had the full Codemasters treatment ahead of F1 2014.
unless they're going with a next gen 2014 but you are right in that it is in their games already so will make it easier

FFOman said:
Good to know it'll be in the 2014 release.  It's a good one and adds a dimension that doesn't really exist in any of the other tracks except perhaps Monaco which also provides a race with a lot of close traffic.
Yep, reminds me a lot of Brands Hatch... short lap, lots of undulation, nice mix of tight and sweeping curves.

unless they're going with a next gen 2014 but you are right in that it is in their games already so will make it easier
Yeah, I'm sure they won't want to have to completely remodel every circuit even if they're going next-gen only. Unless they're finally doing laser-scanning, which would be awesome, but unlikely.

Yeah, I'm sure they won't want to have to completely remodel every circuit even if they're going next-gen only. Unless they're finally doing laser-scanning, which would be awesome, but unlikely.
Pretty sure we'll get some official news at some stage next month so hopefully we'll get san idea then what's happening with it.

ScottishWilcat mentioned Brands being a lot like the Austrian track.  I just ran Michael Schumacher's Ferrari on that circuit and you couldn't be more right.  What ever happened to its use in the F1 series?

Also, every time I ran it, with all else being the same, I had a terrible time staying on the track!  My rear-end, ( the car's, not mine ), felt as if its tires were made of ice, and it was all I could do to just get around the track!  Were the cars that much light...lack of wing down force...any idea how to solve this?  

FFOman said:

ScottishWilcat mentioned Brands being a lot like the Austrian track.  I just ran Michael Schumacher's Ferrari on that circuit and you couldn't be more right.  What ever happened to its use in the F1 series?

Also, every time I ran it, with all else being the same, I had a terrible time staying on the track!  My rear-end, ( the car's, not mine ), felt as if its tires were made of ice, and it was all I could do to just get around the track!  Were the cars that much light...lack of wing down force...any idea how to solve this?  

Yeah it is a similar track as for the ersaon why they stoped using it hadsomething to do with safety the Red Bull ring does have quite a few large runoff areas. BH doesn't have as many yes there aer some but I doubt they'd bwe able to handle a nasty F1 accident.