Jump to content Jump to content
F1 2021 | Online Services Down For Maintenance | 26/07/2021 ×

Question about liveries

obviously I'm not here to make comparisons, but Suzuki in MotoGP 21 has the sponsor Estrella galicia. I wanted to ask why this is not present in f1 2021? I'm not angry about this, it's to understand why despite both being pegi 3, the sponsor is not present in f1. Maybe Barry or someone else can answer me @BarryBL @UP100

Posted (edited)

'Why an alcohol/tobacco/etc sponsor x isn't in the game' seems to come up every year. The answer for that is age rating issues as you seem to know. CM works with the teams and sponsors to create a livery that's deemed acceptable by all parties involved, so they can't really just decide what goes in and such.

For the reason as to why company y has the sponsor in the game and CM doesn't: The answer is basically always "We don't know. We'd need to ask company y about it"

E: Also to add, I'm not a Codemasters employee and this is not a statement from Codemasters

Edited by UP100
  • Agree 1
  • Administrator

To answer this early, as I feel there's a contingent on the forums have asked this every year. We are issued a livery for each team that is approved by the team, therefore we add these in to the exact detail the teams provide and have approved for use in the game.

We cannot deviate from these, as they are approved by various stakeholders.

• Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

To answer this early, as I feel there's a contingent on the forums have asked this every year. We are issued a livery for each team that is approved by the team, therefore we add these in to the exact detail the teams provide and have approved for use in the game.

We cannot deviate from these, as they are approved by various stakeholders.

Does this include different fonts for numbers to identify drivers? Would be good for my driver customization if the fonts on numbers can be changed. 

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Chromatic said:

Does this include different fonts for numbers to identify drivers? Would be good for my driver customization if the fonts on numbers can be changed. 

I'm not 100% on the fonts for the custom cars, however, we cant change what we are issued from the teams/stakeholders on the approved cars.

• Agree 2
7 hours ago, BarryBL said:

I'm not 100% on the fonts for the custom cars, however, we cant change what we are issued from the teams/stakeholders on the approved cars.

hmmm...What could be the reason why you cannot use the original Ferrari and McLaren liveries? After all, it's an advertisement for them, as in real life, I do not understand it.

9 minutes ago, AndRe5550148 said:

hmmm...What could be the reason why you cannot use the original Ferrari and McLaren liveries? After all, it's an advertisement for them, as in real life, I do not understand it.

As previously stated, it affects the age rating of the game to have tobacco based advertising. 
All stakeholders involved agree with the final cars and that is the way it is. Not really much more to elaborate on. 

3 minutes ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

As previously stated, it affects the age rating of the game to have tobacco based advertising. 
All stakeholders involved agree with the final cars and that is the way it is. Not really much more to elaborate on. 

You can sell the game on pegi 3, and on steam you can get confirmation that you are over 18 to be able to see these ads and that there would be no problem 😛 Players are happy and the game would still have pegi 3 😄

5 minutes ago, AndRe5550148 said:

You can sell the game on pegi 3, and on steam you can get confirmation that you are over 18 to be able to see these ads and that there would be no problem 😛 Players are happy and the game would still have pegi 3 😄

If you're on PC you can mod these in, I don't get what your issue is?

2 minutes ago, AndRe5550148 said:

Possibly.  However, advertising on tobacco is very stringent in some places. 
There’s whole legislation on this in the UK, where I’m from, where the advertisement of tobacco is restricted into only certain methods. I imagine other countries may have even tighter regulations. 

Alcohol would be simpler to get in as they’re not as strict on the advertising of that but tobacco is probably a step too far, which is a shame as I’d much prefer the logos on the cars. 

Rules are rules, I guess.  We’ll see if it changes down the line but I’m not expecting it to. 

I think still the best livery design you can do is in GT Sport,which I have seen so far,also with the community share,it is so cool. But in f1 2021 i will start anyway a normal driver carreer with an original car