Jump to content Jump to content

Advertising board/ barrier reflections in the wet

Monzie83

Hi there,

I have issue which is a very low priority suggestion and I know there are bigger fish to fry, but thought I’d get it on the record…

The reflections of the advertising boards and barriers in wet conditions on track have a very bright colour tone when compared to boards/barriers they are reflections of - this is especially true when the session is held at a “low-light” time of day (sunrise/sunset).

The reflection representation themselves in puddles and wet patches are excellent, it’s just the colour and brightness which is off.

Please see the provided screen shots.

From what I’ve seen, it seems the reflection colour palette and brightness is fixed to that of a fairly bright level, and doesn’t seem to flex with the environmental lighting conditions that much - when the environmental light is particularly low (as in the first set of screenshots), it looks as though the reflections are “backlit”and really bright, which just looks off. It’s less noticeable in higher light conditions (very wet, midday - last 3 photos) as the environmental light drowns it out a bit more, but it looks as though the colour and brightness of the reflections is roughly the same, and is still noticeable on red and yellow boards.

The reflection of an actual object that is emitting light however (black flag boxes) is nicely represented.

Hopefully this can be fixed in the 2021 game, if not already.

Should also add I’m on PS, not sure if this is an issue on Xbox/PC.

All the best.

CCE87E3F-C719-4F7E-BFBF-505500C2738D.jpeg

9F33376E-C7AE-4144-82B7-79975F06D809.jpeg

E40CFA40-2305-4850-A5BA-45B156369997.jpeg

ABA5010D-0F83-47F3-9F39-DB7D799FD5FF.jpeg

2A3BAAE4-F5E9-4D2D-8B1D-84BF949B3D2E.jpeg

2BE54164-262E-46E7-BD6C-4F6F115722BD.jpeg

0A227212-41B6-484A-93F9-AC92F18A99B5.jpeg

96CB2366-3642-43E2-9BDA-BFD10A953864.jpeg

16E43FD4-0D1A-4401-BF2B-9CBC94EDDBE8.jpeg

2BD15CEE-EDCA-4AD1-8362-380C0E3F8929.jpeg

1 hour ago, Monzie83 said:

Hi there,

I have a somewhat irritating issue which is a low priority request.

The reflections of the advertising boards in the water on track are very bright when compared boards themselves - particularly for the ones which are yellow and red (see screenshots below). When the environmental light is particularly dark, it it’s looks as though they are backlit and are really bright - it difficult to pick out braking points like kerbs start/ end.

The environmental light in the below photos is not too dark (it does get darker than that), but you can see what I mean.

1173C960-3B4F-4111-9A3E-C250D8AA4357.jpeg

C6A4B056-EFC6-4B2E-9666-570CADE58D09.jpeg

That looks quite realistic IMWO , did you try driving in cockpit view instead of that ridiculous spectators camera view (BTW nice rear view mirror) viewing the track from a lower perspective you wo'nt see as much reflected imagery. Actually all these things are supposed to make it harder to see braking points just as happens IRL , I do'nt understand people at all ........give me realism ... ...........This realism is getting in the way of driving , its not the kind of realism I want as its making it hard to drive. The people who make this game must despair if they read the comments on this forum.

• Monzie83 changed the title to Advertising board/ barrier reflections in the wet
1 hour ago, Monzie83 said:

Have just added some more photos. Have a look and see if you still fee the same.

Is that what you're actually seeing while playing the game or have you forced that solarization  effect to emphasise the problem areas , if its what you are actually seeing during game play then that's messed up and I agree with you it needs sorting , going off what you put up first ,that is what I see in game and as far as IMWO goes then I would just accept it and go with it . I never experienced any images in game like the later pictures and I play the game plenty in 100% distance races, but I am getting the feeling that people experience totally different things while playing the game depending on what the set up they use is. Hope you manage to sort it out. Like I said I never experienced it.

On 6/14/2021 at 12:01 AM, Exasperated said:

Is that what you're actually seeing while playing the game or have you forced that solarization  effect to emphasise the problem areas

The images are not altered/ touched up at all (apart from where I put the circles in). Obviously photos are a tad different to how your eyes see it (if anything the environmental lighting is darker to my eyes than in the pictures), but the main thrust of the point I’m making is there a marked difference in lighting of the boards/ environment and their reflections in the water - you can see what I meant by the reflections look “backlit”.

As I’ve mentioned it is much more noticeable in the lowest environmental light conditions like sunset and sunrise, rather than a midday session (the last 3 photos I posted).

If you mainly play career mode or My Team, probably won’t be as much of an issue as the sessions will all have official start times (which are usually at times where light is bright) - it is much more likely in Ranked multiplayer where start times and track conditions are random.

Have a go in Grand Prix mode in Canada for example. Set the weather to be very wet, and the session start time to sunset - you might get a shock…

Should have added I’m on PS, not sure if this is an issue on Xbox/ PC.

4 hours ago, Monzie83 said:

The images are not altered/ touched up at all (apart from where I put the circles in). Obviously photos are a tad different to how your eyes see it (if anything the environmental lighting is darker to my eyes than in the pictures), but the main thrust of the point I’m making is there a marked difference in lighting of the boards/ environment and their reflections in the water.

As I’ve mentioned it is much more noticeable in the lowest environmental light conditions like sunset and sunrise, rather than a midday session (the last 3 photos I posted).

If you mainly play career mode or My Team, probably won’t be as much of an issue as the sessions will all have official start times (which are usually at times where light is bright) - it is much more likely in Ranked multiplayer where start times and track conditions are random.

Have a go in Grand Prix mode in Canada for example. Set the weather to be very wet, and the session start time to sunset - you might get a shock…

Should have added I’m on PS, not sure if this is an issue on Xbox/ PC.

That's why then , I never saw it as I don't do sunset or sunrise starts , I'll have a look , I don't think they will do anything to change it so late in the games cycle and especially with EA overseeing things as they will be pushing the staff at code masters to deal  with the 21 version patches etc.

Perhaps you can improve it by tweaking your TV or Monitor settings. Good luck with it , Regards.

Archived