Jump to content Jump to content

Pitcoin from DLC? F1 2020


Recommended Posts

I'e seen various posts about different versions and DLCs of F1 2020 granting pitcoin, but I can't see it mentioned on the Steam page anywhere. Could anyone confirm which, if any, of the 3 DLCs grant pitcoin if I was to buy it today please?

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, jonny54 said:

I'e seen various posts about different versions and DLCs of F1 2020 granting pitcoin, but I can't see it mentioned on the Steam page anywhere. Could anyone confirm which, if any, of the 3 DLCs grant pitcoin if I was to buy it today please?

i could be wrong but you could only get pit coin straight away on the game if you had pre ordered any of the versions so i don't think you can also jsut be careful when making posts as you accidently made another one like this.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

As above, I didn't think Pitcoins were available with purchases after the game's launch. It was pre-orders where they definitely were offered, as they are currently for pre-orders of F1 2021. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

As above, I didn't think Pitcoins were available with purchases after the game's launch. It was pre-orders where they definitely were offered, as they are currently for pre-orders of F1 2021. 

Tempted by the deluxe preorder at first then I remember the absolute shambles they made of getting this pitcoin to people who bought the preorder and I don't think we ever found out if everyone got theirs in the end? 

It's weighing up the cost for what you get plus the added potential wasting of my time. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KNT2011 said:

Tempted by the deluxe preorder at first then I remember the absolute shambles they made of getting this pitcoin to people who bought the preorder and I don't think we ever found out if everyone got theirs in the end? 

It's weighing up the cost for what you get plus the added potential wasting of my time. 

I'd guess at least the vast majority got their pre-order Pitcoins or we'd still have people mentioning it. There was a long wait for many though which obviously sucked for those affected, particularly in terms of Podium Pass access. I pre-ordered the disc version of the standard edition and got my Pitcoins OK though, via a code in the box.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Nightfire1964 said:

i could be wrong but you could only get pit coin straight away on the game if you had pre ordered any of the versions so i don't think you can also jsut be careful when making posts as you accidently made another one like this.

Oh that's a shame, buying the pitcoins in-game is stupidly expensive for what you get but it wouldn't be bad if you could get them with something else (especially on sale). Thanks for letting me know about the duplicate post too, the website hung when I tried to post so I guess it must have gone twice, I don't seem to be able to delete the other one though

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you were to buy any Pitcoins I'd just buy enough to get access to the current Podium Pass, which as you progress will gives you some liveries etc.

Edit: you can scroll through Podium Pass to see what you'll be able to earn to decide if you think it's worth it.

Edited by Ultra3142
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Ultra3142 said:

Buying the game and Pitcoins separately today will also be a lot cheaper than getting the equivalent via a pre-order was by the way.

Well 11k pitcoins costs £7.39, but the Schumacher edition add-on DLC £5.50 at the moment, hence me wondering if it still came with the 15k pitcoins or whatever it was

 

9 hours ago, Ultra3142 said:

If you were to buy any Pitcoins I'd just buy enough to get access to the current Podium Pass, which as you progress will gives you some liveries etc.

Edit: you can scroll through Podium Pass to see what you'll be able to earn to decide if you think it's worth it.

Honestly the default car liveries are really disappointing, and there doesn't seem to be any in the free podium pass. It's a real shame that they've put these creative options in game and hidden them behind a paywall. 

 

I know liveries can be modded in, but can modifiable liveries (ie, change colours and sponsors) be modded in?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jonny54 said:

Well 11k pitcoins costs £7.39, but the Schumacher edition add-on DLC £5.50 at the moment, hence me wondering if it still came with the 15k pitcoins or whatever it was

Ah, I didn't realise this is what you had in mind. I've never heard of this DLC ever coming with Pitcoins. I thought you were asking about buying a version of the full game.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...