Jump to content Jump to content

2021 career mode

Mattio1989

36 minutes ago, Mattio1989 said:

How will the career mode work for the first season or two without some of the tracks? How will this be implemented half way through a season? Obviously CM has this worked out and tested but I’m curious

At a guess, total guess of course, I'd say this wouldn't be implemented halfway through a career season. 

Once the new tracks are added to game, they'll be included in the list of tracks when you select your calendar either before a new season or when first starting career. 

I'd be surprised if it's worked another way. 

I can only expect that it'll ask how many races you want to do at the start and the first season will have like 11/16/21 if you start it before the new track DLC. Then you'll just play that season. 

The following season, if the DLC comes out halfway through your first one, i'd expect it to say 12/17/23 or something like that. and then you get the options and China possibly gets binned off the list of available tracks unless you're doing one of the shorter custom-track seasons. 

Any career you start post track dlc will have the option from the start. 

It's possible. Generally the F2 update release is around Christmas and they won't do two big updates around the same time so it'll either be earlier (around October) or later (around February).

I think it'll be earlier as there'd be incessant whining on every post they do saying "Portimao NOW" and "WE WANT IMOLA"... and maybe someone somewhere will want "JUSTICE FOR JEDDAH".  They'd only be able to handle a month or two before that gets really old. 

I'd assume they're all in the latter stages of being ready as there is data from other games on Portimao and Imola. Maybe not Jeddah as it doesn't exist yet so they may want to perfect that first. 

16 minutes ago, Sector4 said:

We don't even know any timeframe for the release of any of the 3 tracks.

Could be May 2022 for all we know. 

Indeed. I'm certainly not expecting them quickly, although I'd love to be proved wrong 🙂.

• Social Media & Community Team
2 minutes ago, Sector4 said:

One of the interviews Lee Mather did stated that CM know the timeframe for the release of the tracks but won't tell anyone yet. 

No specific date because things shift around in development so much.

You can have estimates of course, but if a date is publicly promised and then a bunch of critical issues (bugs etc.) come in last-minute that can shift the timeline.

If possible; it's always better to reveal a date once it's pretty much 100% locked in.

19 minutes ago, Sector4 said:

My money is on later. 

One of the interviews Lee Mather did stated that CM know the timeframe for the release of the tracks but won't tell anyone yet. 

If the track update was going to be soon after release day, I think they would have communicated that already and/or shown some footage or screens. "We expect to release the remaining tracks around September-November". 

This radio silence makes me think it's more like a case of "Let's rake in the sales of the game for a few weeks and when our customers can't refund the game anymore, then we'll reveal that the tracks will be ready in early-to-mid 2022 (TBC)". 

I think they learned their lesson from last year when they promised stuff would be coming soon and then they were hounded constantly until it was done.

People were asking for the Ferrari engine to be nerfed and the Mercedes to be black and they said "it'd be coming in an update soon" and every patch that wasn't them changing those things was hijacked by the fanbase saying it had to be done urgently. 

If they don't make any promises, then they can't break their promises. Once it's set in stone that there's no issues with the tracks then they'll give a release date but they've nothing to gain from giving estimates as people take them as gospel. 

45 minutes ago, Sector4 said:

This radio silence makes me think it's more like a case of "Let's rake in the sales of the game for a few weeks and when our customers can't refund the game anymore, then we'll reveal that the tracks will be ready in early-to-mid 2022 (TBC)". 

If anyone's decision to buy the game or not is based solely on the inclusion of these tracks then they can wait until they are released to buy the game. Codemasters have been very open that these tracks will not be in the game at launch and have made no promises when they will be added. The latter is why I personally don't expect them any time soon.

Archived