Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do you like official RX tracks?

How could you not like the official tracks?! The variation is brilliant, have to say though I'd love to see a city/stadium style track like Canada make an appearance! 

I don't like them becouse they're too short and not suitable for a long lasting game.
Besides old fictional tracks were more interesting, longer and made for intensive battles.
37secs/lap not worth to plug in a steering wheel or a gamepad......  and people are playing something else.

I want more players!!!!!! :)

I don't like them becouse they're too short and not suitable for a long lasting game.
Besides old fictional tracks were more interesting, longer and made for intensive battles.
37secs/lap not worth to plug in a steering wheel or a gamepad......  and people are playing something else.

I want more players!!!!!! :)
You have never seen a real RX event then?

ok i like them enough , they are very short even in full version but the official rx championship is like that .. I dont know exactly the official calendar but i would just want to see some more gravel surface (see England track)  instead of too much  asphalt (see Norway and Sweden)
I think codies should chose the official tracks with the most gravel and dirt surfaces ... I love to drift in the long dirty curves in England.. :p

Yes yes I have seen real RX events and DiRT Rally is a great representation. But I'm scared by the players curve because under 1k line the game is just died.
Same thing happened with Grid 2, Grid Autosport, F1 2014 and F1 2015.
You can't easily join a multiplayer session (GAS is still playable)

1k players = Game died.

I know that you're all happy with a such good game. I like it too (Rally section)
I'm just trying to avoid another multiplayer failure.

i like the real tracks but not a great fan of lyden if im honest. holjes is my fav.

would like more tracks and more corners in tracks . pls let the cars be raced on normal rallies also. these cars would be great fun on all tracks.

ok i like them enough , they are very short even in full version but the official rx championship is like that .. I dont know exactly the official calendar but i would just want to see some more gravel surface (see England track)  instead of too much  asphalt (see Norway and Sweden)
I think codies should chose the official tracks with the most gravel and dirt surfaces ... I love to drift in the long dirty curves in England.. :p
What Codemasters have done, is taken three tracks that's either classical or purpose built for RX, which I think it pretty amazing of them, to do that, and not take any of the new tracks, which isn't built for this purpose.
If we are going to get more tracks, I hope for Portugal, France and Germany, for those exact reasons.

Yes yes I have seen real RX events and DiRT Rally is a great representation. But I'm scared by the players curve because under 1k line the game is just died.
Same thing happened with Grid 2, Grid Autosport, F1 2014 and F1 2015.
You can't easily join a multiplayer session (GAS is still playable)

1k players = Game died.

I know that you're all happy with a such good game. I like it too (Rally section)
I'm just trying to avoid another multiplayer failure.

Don't forget, DiRT Rally is still in Early Access

I´d really like to actually try out the Canada track. And don´t forget, some of the RX tracks in other games were doable below 30s!

PVP is never going to be a big part of Dirt Rally. It just doesn't fit into rally, only RX. Unless they really divert a lot of their attention into putting in more RX tracks or some historic ones, it will always take a back seat to the rally stages. And I'm thankful for that, focus on the rally stages Codies. It's nice that they've added that ability there if you WANT to play PVP, but I know where I prefer to spend most of my multiplayer time: the online rally events.

I do like real tracks but, I'd love to see some added with bigger jumps too; the kind that require the driver to slow down prior to launch to avoid breaking the suspension. The added challenge that would bring would be most welcome IMO. The recent US-based race featured a course that had high speeds and a big jump - great to watch but, would be even better to drive. :)

US based are not inside the WRX license though.
And to be fair, some of the US based tracks, doesn't really qualify as RX-tracks, I mean, all tarmac?

Slowish said:
I do like real tracks but, I'd love to see some added with bigger jumps too; the kind that require the driver to slow down prior to launch to avoid breaking the suspension. The added challenge that would bring would be most welcome IMO. The recent US-based race featured a course that had high speeds and a big jump - great to watch but, would be even better to drive. :)
They have the official RX license so they can't go around adding things that isn't there in real life ;)

When checking out peoples profiles when waiting for them to finish the game, I can see alot of them only played a couple of hours on Dirt Rally. I can tell by the skill level in some games, and the fact most of them are running a "on loan" based car. That the PVP and RX update probably had a higher sales impact then the baumholder update. Lets say if they add another three RX tracks, that could boost sales seriously and make people come back for more RX fun. I like it and I am not getting bored of it yet... I want to see a real PvP RX game, with heats, semi finals and finals...