Sign in to follow this  

Release Date

You sure PC isn't the 24th? I'm from Australia so I can't tell myself but Steam generally release games at different dates for different regions.

Andi said:
You sure PC isn't the 24th? I'm from Australia so I can't tell myself but Steam generally release games at different dates for different regions.

Loore mention it on the Steam forum that the game unlocks on PC on 27th worldwide. 

Everything i have read says that Steam release for pc will be the 24th. Not sure where you guys are getting your info. For USA anyway.

BAB0 said:
Andi said:

Loore mention it on the Steam forum that the game unlocks on PC on 27th worldwide. 
Strange since it hasn't happen in the past (at least with the F1 games) but fair enough I guess.

Andi said:

It would be a very pleasant surprise if it does become available on the 24th. =) But I would really like to know for certain...

It's confirmed by Loore in the 'I purchased Grid Autosport" topic

Loore said:
S does the steam digital version unlock for America on Tuesday?.  Thinking we might be able to use a VPN in the U.K and get earlier access too (?).
No, it's worldwide on PC on the 27th.

As far as I'm aware, USA get it 24th, Australia get it 26th ad Europe get it on 27th. This info has come from xbox live friends :)

I think its the same like Grid 2-Release. Usa 3 days before on 24th.
The rest will play on 27th.

Source: Amazon

World Cup, Wimbledon and Steam summer sales will have to do till 27th.  B-)

Just to clarify something . From when I preordered then preloaded on my ps3 it says it will unlock on the 23rd which is today at 9pm pacific standard time. So with Sony I'm sure it will be after that time but I will be playing it tonight at some point. When it does unlock I will let you guys know.

Just a note:

The Steam date has changed for North America, it's now moved to June 24th in line with the console versions.

I've got tickets to Goodwood this weekened and its only out on Friday!  FML, I'm not gonna play it until Monday :(

Loore said:
Just a note:

The Steam date has changed for North America, it's now moved to June 24th in line with the console versions.
Ridiculous. Why do Americans get a game developed by a UK development team ... before the UK gets the game developed by the UK development team?

This just defies logic. Steam is Steam; regardless of region, the games should all unlock at the same time. It's not fair that if I were to take my computer across to Florida tomorrow I'd be able to play it, but because I can't then I have to wait three whole days..

@Loore, your link to the balck edition on the blogspot don't work. It is :

http://blog.codemasters.com/grid/06/grid-autosport-launch-week-is-here/www.gridgame.com/buy-now

when it should be

www.gridgame.com/buy-now

Anyway, I think we should have a sweepstake on when it actually releases.

KazzyMac said:
Loore said:
Just a note:

Ridiculous. Why do Americans get a game developed by a UK development team ... before the UK gets the game developed by the UK development team?

This just defies logic. Steam is Steam; regardless of region, the games should all unlock at the same time. It's not fair that if I were to take my computer across to Florida tomorrow I'd be able to play it, but because I can't then I have to wait three whole days..
Good morning, Grid is not the only game.
always most games are first released in america and the rest got it few days later.
dont ask me why...

Hirschie said:
KazzyMac said:
Loore said:
Just a note:

Good morning, Grid is not the only game.
always most games are first released in america and the rest got it few days later.
dont ask me why...

I know, and you'd think in the modern age of digital distribution that these archaic long-standing physical release dates wouldn't be necessary any more.

... At least I can take solace in the backlash that America coughed up when we got Ridge Racer Unbounded and both Rayman games before them... but seriously, why Steam won't let the UK play a UK-developed game at the same time as the US is beyond me..

Looking back a little further, Race Driver: GRID was released in 2008, in -

Europe @ 30 May,
N. America @ 3 June,
Australia @ 12 June,
on PC, PS3 & Xbox360.

Today we are ruled by another generation of Immortals.  #:-S

Frank