Jump to content Jump to content

Release Date

RobertKNL said:
@Loore , what time will the Steam version be available on the 27th? On midnight per timezone, or one set time? 

EDIT: For Europe, that is 
would imagine the midnight of the 27th
I remember Grid 2 unlocking around 11.20pm the night before, so I'd hang around from an hour or so before because it'll probably unlock around midnight european time (so probably anywhere from 11pm BST onwards.)

KazzyMac said:
RobertKNL said:
@Loore , what time will the Steam version be available on the 27th? On midnight per timezone, or one set time? 

EDIT: For Europe, that is 
would imagine the midnight of the 27th
I remember Grid 2 unlocking around 11.20pm the night before, so I'd hang around from an hour or so before because it'll probably unlock around midnight european time (so probably anywhere from 11pm BST onwards.)
I haven't bought it through steam so doesn't bother me right now I ordered the disc version from Amazon

I know this has probably been answered but........

I just preloaded the main part which I presume did not include the HD pack DLC.  Is this not available (to preload/download) till the game unlocks?
check the DLC page within the game you may be able to access otherwise you may have to wait till it unlocks later

I just preloaded the main part which I presume did not include the HD pack DLC.  Is this not available (to preload/download) till the game unlocks?
check the DLC page within the game you may be able to access otherwise you may have to wait till it unlocks later
Can't check within the game since its not unlocked in the U.K yet.  Tried right-clicking on the steam name but no 'property' options appear, where you might expect the DLC content thing to show up.  Probably have to wait.

Can't check within the game since its not unlocked in the U.K yet.  Tried right-clicking on the steam name but no 'property' options appear, where you might expect the DLC content thing to show up.  Probably have to wait.
I still don't have my copy yet so I can't help you really but hopefully I should get it tomorrow as it has been dispatched

Balb0wa said:
ive just downloaded and installed the hd pack with the key from simply games, you have to click on the dlc , and click on the hd pack, it says claimed or something, then it downloads it
You mean there's a separate key for the DLC which you got from your account page on simplycd's website?  -I don't see anything about DLC.. I was sent one key and used that to download main game.  (sorry for being so thick).

Balb0wa said:
ive just downloaded and installed the hd pack with the key from simply games, you have to click on the dlc , and click on the hd pack, it says claimed or something, then it downloads it
You mean there's a separate key for the DLC which you got from your account page on simplycd's website?  -I don't see anything about DLC.. I was sent one key and used that to download main game.  (sorry for being so thick).

no, one key for the game, you install that, then go in your steam,  library , click on autosport, then on the dlc on the right, then the high res pack

Balb0wa said:
Balb0wa said:

no, one key for the game, you install that, then go in your steam,  library , click on autosport, then on the dlc on the right, then the high res pack

Ahhh :).   Thanks, was looking in the wrong place.

*Edit*..had to restart Steam to initiate download (for anyone else)

Balb0wa said:
Balb0wa said:

yeah all DLC will be managed through steam that's how these games work now same with Origin games

Anyone know for sure whether the dlc pack can be removed without needing to delete and reinstall the entire game please?

I'll likely grind to a halt on my humble ol' pc, but i'd like to try the HD pack without having the faff of doing the above.  #:-S

DJ007 said:
Anyone know for sure whether the dlc pack can be removed without needing to delete and reinstall the entire game please?

I'll likely grind to a halt on my humble ol' pc, but i'd like to try the HD pack without having the faff of doing the above.  #:-S
I think you go to the DLC section in Steam and just untick it but I'm not sure

RobertKNL said:
After I play a little more today I'll try to give a better detailed review. Anything in particular anything you guys want me to notice or look for?

There are, can you find the missing cars that was missing in the car list posted on the Codies blog?

Subaru BRZ and Subaru Impreza was missing in the car list but they were there in the final game. Also, in the launch trailer, there was a Mclaren F1 GTR(the one from Grid 1, not Grid 2) was saw racing beside a Nissan GTR GT500. Can you confirm these cars actually in the game? Are there any other "surprise" cars?
I believe I saw a Jaguar XKR during one of @Skid 's street races (on twitch)
I will see what I can I find out about the cars I haven't even searched around looking at locked cars , I jumped straight into the touring car championship. I do thin overall everyone should be satisfied with graphics and gameplay, loading times seem pretty fast. Menu system looks really clean looking. My only complaint would be while your racing your teammate should be a different color in the race standings as your racing because right now everyone's name is white which u can barely see so having your teammates name a different color would be nice.