Jump to content Jump to content

Failed to join session, can't enter any multiplayer games anymore

Hi, as of sunday evening I can't seem to join any multiplayer sessions anymore.

I've tried this already: 
- Turn of and on modem and router

-Clear Steam cache

- Uninstall the game, removing any leftover folders, reinstalled the game

- A solution from someone on the forum here, using msprompt

- Uninstalled firewall (don't know why as it worked before)

- Switch wired from router to the modem

- File integrity scan via Steam, all clear

- Factory reset on router, no changes still the same issue

- Tried in both DirectX 11 and 12

- Had a friend take over the pc, couldn't find anything out of the ordinary

- I gave my brother in law my Steam account, he's getting the same issues as me on my PC, so we're thinking it's account related. If it were my PC settings or problems on my PC, he should be able to go into multiplayer as he can go multiplayer with his own account

- I did a family library sharing with a new Steam account and guess what, this new Steam account was able to race multiplayer sessions. So it's down to my original Steam account which got the problem

Nothing changed here from saturday to sunday, no updates hardware of software. All internet works fine, all other games work fine too. The singleplayer parts of F1 work great too.

• A detailed description of the issue. Ranked, unranked and getting invited by friends through Steam, they all give the same results. I can't join the session and will time out saying "Failed to join session". I did 2 races in the weekly event on Silverstone on saturday, no problems there. On sunday I got a Steam invite from a friend, and from that moment I wasn't able to join any session.
  • Platform. PC / Steam
  • What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen). 1.18
  • Ranked/Unranked/Leagues. All multiplayer, I can do singleplayer, TT, get into the store, I just can't join any online session
  • Wired or Wireless Connection? Wired, same issue with wired directly to the modem or connected to the router
  • The amount of players in your session? 1/20, 5/20, really doesn't matter
  • Were you the host? I can't join and I can't host, as the host I see people joining into the list, but they keep the loading icon instead of the - when loaded into the session, my friends telling they can't join
  • Did this issue happens for everyone in the session, just some people or just yourself? What did they see? I'm the only one with this problem
  • We need to be able to make your problem happen internally so we can fix the issue. Can you make the problem happen again? This is no problem, as I've been trying to get online for 2 days now
  • How do you make the problem happen? Well it's just there the moment I click join session
  • Can you add a report code. How to find this is in Main Menu > Game Options > Settings > 16 digit code in the bottom left of the screen. Please make sure that this is the code from the session you had the issue in. Adding report codes from as many users in your session as possible would be really helpful here. KCGR-RDHK-EHCB-CKMG
  • Video of the issue, including timestamps. Did you stream the session? No stream or videos

Edited by Dashea

Well, I'm not bumping as this topic should still be somewhere on top, but how long does it take before someone replies? I've posted this yesterday morning, it's dinnertime now the next day... I still can't play any multiplayer races.. 😒

1 hour ago, Dashea said:

Well, I'm not bumping as this topic should still be somewhere on top, but how long does it take before someone replies? I've posted this yesterday morning, it's dinnertime now the next day... I still can't play any multiplayer races.. 😒

Wait a bit. Moderators like Barry or Steve will come to you as soon as they can. Patience is needed, as they cannot deal with everything at the same time. If you don't get a reply for a very long time you can mention(@) them. Sometimes they can miss these problems due to the activity in the forums.

Posted (edited)

Thanks! 🙂

Well maybe I'm just used to sending in a bug report like in GTA5 Online, where you usually get a reply like "You should get a reply within 72 hours" or something like that. Guess I'm just a bit annoyed by the fact I can't play online and it's not hardware or software related, but account related. I just wanna race friends or open lobbies 🙂

Edited by Dashea

Nope, I know about the mods, that's wahy I don't use them because I want to be able to play with friends. And I've got a 2nd Steam account using family share and I can play multiplayer with that one, so there's something wrong with my main Steam account

I have the same issue, I've bought the game on Steam PC recently, but multiplayer isn't working, but my friends are able to play it. Whenever I try to join an online session, the 'Joining session' screen pops up and it keeps loading forever, and after a while, I get the 'Could not enter session' pop-up.

1 hour ago, Calcifer777 said:

I have the same issue, I've bought the game on Steam PC recently, but multiplayer isn't working, but my friends are able to play it. Whenever I try to join an online session, the 'Joining session' screen pops up and it keeps loading forever, and after a while, I get the 'Could not enter session' pop-up.

That's exactly what happens to me. If you have a friend who you trust, let him try your Steam account to see if he's able to do multiplayer or get a second Steam account, add it to family share library and try it again. I'm able to play online with that account but I don't have all the stuff etc from my main offcourse 

@BarryBLHello Barry, I'm wondering if you admins have seen this post yet? I don't want to look like I'm an impatient guy, but I've haven't been able to race online for 6 days now. I'm really curious what's wrong with my main account, why my main account can't do online races but a 2nd account I created with family share library can do online races. I hope you or one of the other admins are able to help me find the problem and fix it 🙂

• Administrator

HI @Dashea,

Sorry for the delay, we have BETA 2 running so we are a little stretched. Can you confirm a separate account on the same PC, works as designed on Multiplayer? Just we have something logged that sounds similar currently under investigation.

24 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

HI @Dashea,

Sorry for the delay, we have BETA 2 running so we are a little stretched. Can you confirm a separate account on the same PC, works as designed on Multiplayer? Just we have something logged that sounds similar currently under investigation.

Hi Barry, thanks for the fast reply! 🙂

Yes, I can confirm this! I created a new Steam ID, added it to on my main account to the family share library, and I was able to play online (offcourse it's a fresh F1 setup, just like you have when you buy this for the first time). By doing this and giving my main account to my brother in law, I'm fairly certain it's account related

• Administrator

Understood, I've added this conversation to the current bug report internally as it has been reported before. At the moment, our only workaround at this time is to use the alternative profile, but it is still under investigation

Thanks, I'm glad to know you're working on it and hopefully find a solution soon. 

I'm gonna load some settings into my alt Steam, so I can at least do my league racing with friends. 

If you need me test something to see if it works, please contact me

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, Calcifer777 said:

Hey @Dashea, is online working on your account now?

@BarryBL, Can you give an update please?

I was waiting for today, as today it's 2 weeks since last contact.
Nope, I still can't play online 😞

I was hoping they would have fixed it by now. I'm forced to play on an alt Steam account, but that's a newly created F1 player account, I don't have all the liveries, outfits, results etc which are on my main account. I think I bought 3 or 4 podium passes and bought some extra pitcouns to buy stuff from the shop too, so I'm really dissapointed because besides the value of the purchase of the game, I invested more money into it.

Hoping @BarryBLwill have a satisfying answer soon

Another week has passed without a reply to last week's reply. I'm not putting any money into F1 2020 anymore without this fixed.

I've got F1 2021, but most of my friends are waiting for a deal on Steam before they might buy it, so I'm bound to 2020 to play with friends, and that's on my alt Steam unfortunately.

@Dashea, The bug isn't fixed for me too and I can't help but play only offline. 

@BarryBL, I've been waiting for a response since almost a month and I clearly didn't get one. I feel like I've been cheated even though I paid money to buy the full game, the Schumacher Edition.  Even though I tried multiple times, I'm not able to play online. Please try to fix this bug as soon as possible. Thanks !

@BarryBL

So it's been another week with no update.... I still can't play online.

I get it, you guys are busy with 2021 which seems to have a lot of issues, but you can't just ignore this come one.
I'm really starting to feel I wasted my money by buying the podium passes and extra coins.

Not even a reply when you're tagged

Another week, you guys feel like a ghost town, no answers, not here on the forums, not on your facebook page or messenger!

Really disappointing you know, I pre ordered F1 2021 which has a lot of issues too.

Really enjoyed F1 2020, kinda regret buying F1 2021 and will think more than twice for F1 2022 next year before I'm buying another F1 game

It's almost been 2 months since this issue has been raised and there is no response on the issue yet.

@BarryBL, if possible please give a reply on this issue.

Very disappointed the way this took place. I still still can't play F1 2020 online and I feel like I wasted money.

Please reply as soon as possible.

Another friday gone by, Codemasters is nowhere to be found. Not here, not in private messages, not on social media.

Codemasters just don't care about a problem some guys have with an older game like F1 2020, no they have all men aboard for their F1 2021 problems me thinks....

Hopefully my friends will update to 2021 soon too, so I can kiss F1 2020 goodbye, it's been a fun ride, but when you're only able to play singleplayer races you're done pretty quickly.

Thanks again, hope you guys enjoyed my money I wasted...

• 2 weeks later...