Jump to content Jump to content

F1 2021 day one patch

Silverchris

Let’s hope any day one patch isn’t as large as some can be cause last years took hours to download( not got fibre optic), why the day one patch cannot be available day before game comes out( yes I know it wouldn’t be day one technically then lol) so we can actually play the game when it’s released not wait hours due to incomplete game released.

As there has been no official notification of when the first patch will be made available I think that this may be a little premature , when a patch is ready Barry BL will let us know when this is available. No one on YouTube has said anything about any patches that the game that has'nt been released yet has available. Putting a patch out before the game is probably something that both EA and CM have thought about but not yet signed off although I doubt that they would put the cart before the horse in EAs' return to the F1 game. I think you may well be jumping the gun in you're ideas that EA and CM would even consider this as a viable option given that tracks are a major area of focus at the moment.

Don't forget to leave a thumbs up for this.

It's essentially certain there will be a patch at launch as far as I'm concerned. Firstly as pretty much all games do but also as I'm not sure it's possible to delay production of physical game discs until after changes that come out of beta testing can be implemented? 

@Silverchris you make a good point re. when downloads can be started. The size of any download should be however big it needs to be though. The alternative would be to hold back changes that have been decided are worthwhile.

• Social Media & Community Team

Another thing to note is that a Day 0 update isn't always on "Day 0"; it simply seems so considering the public typically gets the game on launch.

It's not uncommon in the industry to see the "launch update" happen a few days before, so that reviewers have the latest code to base their thoughts on.

Usual disclaimer: I'm not speaking for any hypothetical '21 plans here, just throwing out some context 😉 

16 hours ago, Ultra3142 said:

It's essentially certain there will be a patch at launch as far as I'm concerned. Firstly as pretty much all games do but also as I'm not sure it's possible to delay production of physical game discs until after changes that come out of beta testing can be implemented? 

@Silverchris you make a good point re. when downloads can be started. The size of any download should be however big it needs to be though. The alternative would be to hold back changes that have been decided are worthwhile.

I agree on it needs to be however big it needs to be totally.

21 hours ago, neiluk03 said:

Jeez they haven't released the game yet and people are posting about patches! 

I mentioned it ahead of release in the hope codemasters will take notice or am I not allowed to do that now without Criticism.

1 hour ago, Silverchris said:

mentioned it ahead of release in the hope codemasters will take notice or am I not allowed to do that now without Criticism.

Its just the way the industry works now. With people testing/bug reporting right up until release every minute counts. Not that i can speak for CM, but i know some companies are fixing bugs until like an hour before release. 
if it means having a better product upon initial release, then we need the day one patch 😁

Sadly the best you can do. (as games these days are poorly made or not fully optimised before launch) Is squeeze everything of what you have internet wise. Port forwarding to xbox PSN servers (patches have to be sent there on consoles) will make it slightly faster cutting down on time. Going wired instead of using wifi also helps. If you happen to be to far away from the home router/modem a powerline adaptor paired together acts like a wired connection negating the need for a internet cable.

If your running this already fair play.  You have my sympathy when it comes to **** internet I've been there.  

Archived