Jump to content Jump to content

Is it normal for the Xbox Series X Controller to have significantly weaker vibration?

DRTApophis

I just bought a new Xbox Series X Controller to replace my old Xbox One controller which had really bad drifting issues, but I've noticed the new controller has significantly weaker vibrations compare with the old one on PC 🤔

Is the new one not fully compatible with the current game? I've tested it with the accessory app which shows the vibration motors should be working fine, but it's very weak in this game despite I've set everything max in the options. I mean...it's not unplayable, but I would surely be worry if it's going to be the same with F1 2021, the lack of feel is really catching me off-guard. 

• Social Media & Community Team

I think this is intentional in the controller's design.

I have an Xbox One Elite Controller and the trigger vibrations are so strong that it's possible for others to hear them through the headset (if the headset is sensitive enough). 

My Series X controller (while playing on Series X) is much more subtle; there's a decent amount of rumble but it's not as strong or loud as the Elite.

side-note, how did you get the vibrations working on PC? I've tried in multiple games to no success.

4 hours ago, PJTierney said:

I think this is intentional in the controller's design.

I have an Xbox One Elite Controller and the trigger vibrations are so strong that it's possible for others to hear them through the headset (if the headset is sensitive enough). 

My Series X controller (while playing on Series X) is much more subtle; there's a decent amount of rumble but it's not as strong or loud as the Elite.

side-note, how did you get the vibrations working on PC? I've tried in multiple games to no success.

Come to think of it, I do sometimes hear the noise from other people's controller when I play Forza back in the days. Though I personally still prefer the stronger vibration because I found the Xbox One version of it gave me a wider range of feedbacks compare to my Series X, it had a lot more depth to it...or may be I just haven't got used to the new one yet 😓

About vibration working on PC for both version of controllers, I just plugged them in and they works, I'm running Window 10.

6 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

Hmm, I wonder if it's the cable I'm using then, assuming it's as simple as plugging one into the controller and the PC.

May be it has something to do with the settings in the game option? I do remember there was a time last year when my controller suddenly lost all vibrations after a game update or something...but I can't remember how exactly I fixed it. 

• Social Media & Community Team
On 6/23/2021 at 2:24 PM, DRTApophis said:

May be it has something to do with the settings in the game option? I do remember there was a time last year when my controller suddenly lost all vibrations after a game update or something...but I can't remember how exactly I fixed it. 

I figured it out.

Needed to use the Beta version of Steam which adds Elite Controller drivers, and then in the Steam settings for the game ensure that Steam Inputs were disabled.

Finally, in-game set the trigger vibration to On instead of Auto and it's there.

Archived