Sign in to follow this  

Advantage for Logitech Wheels

hey guys :) 

just have a little question to you. have the Logitech Wheels an advantage in F1 2013?? to explain why i think that.. I have a Thrustmaster t500 and in F1 2012 i came second in every championship we had in our league and was one of the fastest in the league. Now on F1 2013 i am about 1 second slower as the fastest guys in the league. and these guys were nobody in F1 2012 and suddenly with F1 2013 they are much faster than anybody else and they're both driving a Logitech Wheel.. and we have som other guys wich were much slower last year and now has been much quicker than they was last year. and they are driving Logitech wheels too. and a buddy was one of the fastest last year with Gamepad and he is not as fast as the guys witch the Logitech wheel now either and he was on the level of the fastest last year. what you think guys? 

We have a guy in our league who was using a Logitech G27, and he went to a Fanatec wheel and he is the same pace, so I dont think there is an advantage.

Actually the gamepad users can be the fastest, there are a couple threads up on the forum to show that, because the gamepad is coded with a somewhat of an assist feature... I don't feeling like getting into it haha.

It might also have to do with the yearly tweaks made in the handling model. I was super quick in F1 2011, 2012 threw me for a loop but I managed to get up to speed and the same happened with 2013. I use a logitech wheel as well and can get beaten by any number of guys that use different devices on any given day. It might be that your driving style suited 2012 better...

logitec g wheels do giv more feeling and good response and that means im a lot quicker with both my g25 and my g27

F1 2012 had way too much rear traction, so you could floor it in the dry pretty much everywhere. Flooring it in 2013 will lose you time on corner exits and more importantly chew up your rear tyres which will give you even more oversteer. If you have problems with your rears generally wearing faster than the fronts then you are almost certainly doing this. 

I have DFGT and I haven't noticed any particular advantage from it. It is a good wheel for this game though.

PS:- If you are on PC, it's possibly a driver issue. I'm sure I read about someone having throttle issues with a Thrustmaster about 6 months ago. He was getting minimum of 20% power when he touched the throttle - I think it was Alan from TeamVVV.

its on ps3 :/ 
I have a G27 and my wheel feels like absolute crap on PS3, because there is no logitech profiler.  I had to mess around with my wheel settings for a long time to get them good on PC, but could never get them that good on PS3.

I'm guessing you also looked online for different settings for your wheel and Ps3?

Do you have any idea where you are losing time to these guys? Say traction zones, cornering, or something?

I've used a G27, a DFGT, a G27-E mod (I believe it was discontinued sadly), and am now using a ECCI 7000. As you may be able to guess, I was quick with the G27, O-K w/dfgt, fast with the G27-E mod, and am greased lighting w/the ECCI 7000.

>these guys were nobody in F1 2012

You have to remember 2012 was terrible by comparison to it's predecessor's, I didn't play it more than a few hours.

I've wondered the same thing about my Fanatec CSR and pedals.  I'm a pretty good racer, but I sometimes get stomped by the AI in career mode on Amateur setting.  Whereas in Gran Prix mode, I wipe the floor with them, winning by several seconds every time.  Various functions of the game don't work either with this wheel, like replay, and the game never saves my wheel settings.  I have to reenter them every time I play.