Jump to content Jump to content

why isnt there a Palestinian flag in the game?

husamljlkjlkj

7 minutes ago, mwynn05 said:

What a stupid post. It’s a message board. When people ask questions you answer them quit whining because you disagree with my answer because of politics because my answer has nothing to do with politics. Because personally (I am an American for context) I believe Palestine should be recognized so I am by no means trying to be disrespectful to Palestine or Palestinians by saying the flag isn’t in the game because the nation isn’t recognized.

He has got a point. It MAY not be because of the politics and saying that their sovereign status is the reason IS speculation.  It would take someone from Codemasters to say definitively that it is or isn't the reason why it isn't included.  I wouldn't say it was a stupid post and they didn't say anybody was whining.  

There are alot of countries excluded and it could be something as innocent as "we don't have much of a playerbase from these areas so haven't seen fit to include them at this time". They can't ALL be for political reasons. Presumably. 

I do have a certain degree of sympathy for Codemasters regarding topics like this as highlighted by how this thread is panning out. It's got a little tense just because they haven't got it in. Imagine the troubles they'd have if they DID include it. Kinda a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" as somebody is going to complain either way. 

2 hours ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

He has got a point. It MAY not be because of the politics and saying that their sovereign status is the reason IS speculation.  It would take someone from Codemasters to say definitively that it is or isn't the reason why it isn't included.  I wouldn't say it was a stupid post and they didn't say anybody was whining.  

There are alot of countries excluded and it could be something as innocent as "we don't have much of a playerbase from these areas so haven't seen fit to include them at this time". They can't ALL be for political reasons. Presumably. 

I do have a certain degree of sympathy for Codemasters regarding topics like this as highlighted by how this thread is panning out. It's got a little tense just because they haven't got it in. Imagine the troubles they'd have if they DID include it. Kinda a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" as somebody is going to complain either way. 

I can guarantee you there aren’t many Palestinian players simply because the estimates are around 5 million Palestinians total so if say 1% played this game that would be 50,000 and I’m guessing no where near 1% of any nationalities’ population plays this game (or most any game for that matter)

On 6/25/2021 at 2:30 PM, jpr3324 said:

I see it this way, either all countries flags are included or have none at all.  

Personally, nationalism, especially concerning flags,  is 100% BS and causes nothing but problems.  

Folks is folks all over the world, governments are the problems, get rid of the flags, get rid of the borders, let people live where and how they want.

Don't agree at all. I guess you never watched "Fun with Flags", presented by Sheldon Cooper

Sheldon_Cooper_Fun_With_Flags.gif

Archived