Jump to content Jump to content

Turkey Circuit back IRL F1 - now lets have it in the game as well

Hi all,

so it just has been announced that Turkey will be replacing the Singapore GP in RL F1 2021. Since the Turkish Circuit has been part of the F1 championship during 2 consecutive years now, I would wish that Codemasters would integrate it into the F1 game series as well. I for one would prefer being able to drive a championship identical to what happens IRL, at least as long as it is being callled the "official" F1 game. Would you like to see Turkey included?

(and no, I am not asking if you think its difficult to make a track, or if it was possible to integrate it - i am asking if you wish to have Turkey in the game)

• Agree 5
2 minutes ago, Schneehase said:

Hi all,

so it just has been announced that Turkey will be replacing the Singapore GP in RL F1 2021. Since the Turkish Circuit has been part of the F1 championship during 2 consecutive years now, I would wish that Codemasters would integrate it into the F1 game series as well. I for one would prefer being able to drive a championship identical to what happens IRL, at least as long as it is being callled the "official" F1 game. Would you like to see Turkey included?

(and no, I am not asking if you think its difficult to make a track, or if it was possible to integrate it - i am asking if you wish to have Turkey in the game)

Yes, unequivocally yes.  I wouldn't overly care if it wasn't a 2021 Turkey track and was based on older ones. I know the track layout is the same, i'm just talking about run-offs, scenery and stuff like that being older. 

Obviously would be fantastic if it was in the game and was the modern iteration but I am not holding my breath about it. 😩  

They can't update a few corners on the track, you want them to add Turkey (I'd like to but I'm a realist and I know codemasters).
Imola, Portimao and Jeddah will even be late in the game and where else is Turkey (they could add in dlc but they probably won't)

• Confused 1
Just now, AndRe5550148 said:

They can't update a few corners on the track, you want them to add Turkey (I'd like to but I'm a realist and I know codemasters).
Imola, Portimao and Jeddah will even be late in the game and where else is Turkey (they could add in dlc but they probably won't)

That was not the question being asked - do you have an own opinion, would you like it to be in the game, no matter if difficult or realistic, that was the question asked.

• Agree 1
Just now, Schneehase said:

That was not the question being asked - do you have an own opinion, would you like it to be in the game, no matter if difficult or realistic, that was the question asked.

They don't care if you want, so I wrote it to you and you can believe it to the end. Good luck.

• Disagree 1
Posted (edited)

If you do not have an opinion, why post here at all? There is no need to teach others about Codemasters abilities, or intentions, especially if you have no insight there at all, and if you are not part of the company.

If we as a community do not manage to cry out for the circuits where F1 drives IRL, we do not raise our chance to get them integrated into the game.

Edited by Schneehase
  • Agree 2
Just now, silb05 said:

Well, who wouldn't like more tracks? Personally, I want as much tracks as possible in the game. But unfortunately it just doesn't work that way.

I am not so sure. A year ago every other poster was 100% sure it would be impossible to integrate portimao into the game. And now? Yes it will be late, but it will be in F1 2021.

I think that making an "official" FIA F1 game is a very strong argument to deliver the circuits that are being driven IRL, at least those which have been driven on for more than one year in a row. I mean they made circuits the F1 never drove on 😄 so why not make those the F1 did drive on, instead? Yes I agree my OP is not about realism of game development companies, it is more about realism of the offical F1 game 😄 

• Agree 1
4 minutes ago, Schneehase said:

I am not so sure. A year ago every other poster was 100% sure it would be impossible to integrate portimao into the game. And now? Yes it will be late, but it will be in F1 2021.

I think that making an "official" FIA F1 game is a very strong argument to deliver the circuits that are being driven IRL, at least those which have been driven on for more than one year in a row. I mean they made circuits the F1 never drove on 😄 so why not make those the F1 did drive on, instead? Yes I agree my OP is not about realism of game development companies, it is more about realism of the offical F1 game 😄 

I mean, they were right if they were 100% sure a year ago. We didn't even know it'd be on this seasons calendar until about March this year so they could only have been talking about including it in last years game... and it's going to be approximately a year and a half after that. So they couldn't have been more correct.

The question did discuss about whether we'd want it in the game and, I guess it's a moot question. Everyone either wants the track in because they'll drive on it, or they don't care because it's not one they'll drive on.  Nobody is going to actively NOT want something to be added to a game unless it's taking something away. 

I get your point on realism. I'd love loads of track options like Nurburgring, Malaysia, Hockenheim, etc. It's just there's no reason to include them as they're not on the calendar whereas this one is.  Yes, we know they probably won't include it, but worth that little bit of hope. 

• Agree 2
1 hour ago, Schneehase said:

Jeśli nie masz opinii, po co tu w ogóle pisać? Nie ma potrzeby uczyć innych o umiejętnościach lub intencjach Codemasters, zwłaszcza jeśli w ogóle ich nie znasz i jeśli nie jesteś częścią firmy. .

Jeśli my, jako społeczność, nie jesteśmy w stanie domagać się obwodów, na których F1 jeździ IRL, nie zwiększamy szansy na ich integrację z grą.

You are another deer who believe they will add Turkey. Why write about it again if they would like to do it and they do not want to and will not do it for 2021, so you can stop dreaming. And I know very well how their policy works because I have been playing it for many years, as you can see, you are new here because you believe in such things.
The tracks have not been updated since 2016 as can be seen in Austria now and you dream of adding a new track by 2021 so you have big dreams.

Is there any downside for the player to having more tracks to choose from? I can't think of any. Therefore, yes. A thousand times yes.

But also,...I don't think it's gonna happen until Turkey gets an official spot on the calendar at the start of the year.

For F1 2022, the Codemasters track building team so far has the following tasks ahead of it, with more changes likely as we don't know next year's calendar yet:

- Build brand new Miami circuit
- All the updates to the Melbourne layout
- New Spain T10 (possibility of F1 removing  the chicane at the end has been discussed as well, so that might be another change)
- New Abu Dhabi layout (quite extensive changes to the track)
- All the other more minor updates to the existing tracks, having to do with accurate curbing and/or corner radius and more accurate elevation changes i.e. Spa Bus-stop chicane.

Basically, don't get your hopes up... BUT it's a good idea to keep the pressure on them because this is the only way we can make them aware that WE WANT MORE TRACKS.

So good post, OP.

Edited by CptBalloonhands
  • Agree 1
5 minutes ago, CptBalloonhands said:

Is there any downside for the player to having more tracks to choose from? I can't think of any. Therefore, yes. A thousand times yes.

But also,...I don't think it's gonna happen until Turkey gets an official spot on the calendar at the start of the year.

For F1 2022, the Codemasters track building team so far has the following tasks ahead of it, with more changes likely as we don't know next year's calendar yet:

- New Spain T10 (possibility of F1 removing  the chicane at the end has been discussed as well, so that might be another change)
- All the other more minor updates to the existing tracks, having to do with accurate curbing and/or corner radius and more accurate elevation changes i.e. Spa Bus-stop chicane.

Basically, don't get your hopes up... BUT it's a good idea to keep the pressure on them because this is the only way we can make them aware that WE WANT MORE TRACKS.

So good post, OP.

With their pace of work, they may not make it on time by 2022 xD
Of course, every player would like to have all tracks from the 2021 season, but this is unlikely to happen.
Everyone would also like well-reproduced tracks, not as old as they are now.

Just now, AndRe5550148 said:

With their pace of work, they may not make it on time by 2022 xD
Of course, every player would like to have all tracks from the 2021 season, but this is unlikely to happen.
Everyone would also like well-reproduced tracks, not as old as they are now.

F1 2022 will also likely be the first project that Codemasters may have access to additional resources from EA, so I wouldn't rule anything out at this point. The purpose of threads like this is to signal to CM/EA that this is something the community greatly desires.

• Agree 1
2 hours ago, CptBalloonhands said:

So good post, OP.

Dont get your hopes up?  Seriously?  They're in charge of developing the official F1 game with an exclusive license to do so.  There's no reason why these things shouldn't be completed in time some for this year and some for next to be honest.  Afterall it's their job!!!!  If they can't get it done, then F1 needs to find another option.  It's ridiculous to think that having an accurate representation of next year's tracks in next year's game is unattainable at this point.   Personally I think it's ridiculous that we dont have Spain and Melbourne updated this year.  I can understand the new tracks for this year I guess, but to say its wishful thinking to have this for next year?  That's just ridiculous IMO.   IF that's the case, then someone new needs to be in charge of this game.  I fail to see how it won't be possible now with a full year of the game being part of EA.

• Agree 3

The game needs new tracks because driving on the same tracks all the time is boring, it's good that this year we will get at least 3 new tracks and next year it may be worth thinking about some kind of dlc with tracks (Mugello, Nurburgring, Instanbul Park etc.)

• Agree 1
2 minutes ago, petro1319 said:

Dont get your hopes up?  Seriously?  They're in charge of developing the official F1 game with an exclusive license to do so.  There's no reason why these things shouldn't be completed in time some for this year and some for next to be honest.  Afterall it's their job!!!!  If they can't get it done, then F1 needs to find another option.  It's ridiculous to think that having an accurate representation of next year's tracks in next year's game is unattainable at this point.   Personally I think it's ridiculous that we dont have Spain and Melbourne updated this year.  I can understand the new tracks for this year I guess, but to say its wishful thinking to have this for next year?  That's just ridiculous IMO.   IF that's the case, then someone new needs to be in charge of this game.  I fail to see how it won't be possible now with a full year of the game being part of EA.

You are absolutely right, since the official game should contain the official calendar and tracks as this year in F1 2021.

1 hour ago, AndRe5550148 said:

You are absolutely right, since the official game should contain the official calendar and tracks as this year in F1 2021.

If the calendar is changed by the FIA 3 weeks before release, codemasters can't do anything about it.

• Disagree 1
10 minutes ago, FTBuzzard said:

If the calendar is changed by the FIA 3 weeks before release, codemasters can't do anything about it.

They may or may not, it has long been said about Turkey that it may have been announced a long time ago, and the coders have faster information about it. A year ago, they boasted that they had laser scanned traces, but they didn't use them because they think their tracks are better, which is a joke. They seem to have something and for many years the songs are just old and do absolutely nothing with them.

Edited by AndRe5550148

I perfectly understand the argument about the official FIA calendar and such, and it is perfectly valid.

Then again, at some point you have to be able to look back though, and realize which tracks have been driven during the past years. There should be that one moment, when you become aware that something is missing in the "official" F1 game. In a perfect world, we would get a 2021 game with a calender of 22 races, of which randomly 4 are being cancelled and replaced by Imola, Portimao, Austria and Turkey. How awesome would that be (and no I dont expect it to happen - but dreams are there to be dreamed).

5 minutes ago, Schneehase said:

I perfectly understand the argument about the official FIA calendar and such, and it is perfectly valid.

Then again, at some point you have to be able to look back though, and realize which tracks have been driven during the past years. There should be that one moment, when you become aware that something is missing in the "official" F1 game. In a perfect world, we would get a 2021 game with a calender of 22 races, of which randomly 4 are being cancelled and replaced by Imola, Portimao, Austria and Turkey. How awesome would that be (and no I dont expect it to happen - but dreams are there to be dreamed).

Unfortunately, they have such an approach not to work hard and sell the game almost unchanged every year, players should not buy for the premiere and wait until they update everything and people write a lot and buy anyway.
I personally do not buy 2021 until new tracks are added and I am waiting for the game discount because it is not worth the full price in my opinion

10 minutes ago, AndRe5550148 said:

Unfortunately, they have such an approach not to work hard and sell the game almost unchanged every year, players should not buy for the premiere and wait until they update everything and people write a lot and buy anyway.
I personally do not buy 2021 until new tracks are added and I am waiting for the game discount because it is not worth the full price in my opinion

That is the problem when only a single company has the licence of F1. 

I think they are doing a great job year after year, but for me tbh they need to step up with tracks, getting a database of tracks, if you know what i mean, like hockenheimring, they have the track avaliable if for some reason the track came back at the calendar, so they just need to import into the game. 

MotoGP already have the new Turn 10 on Spain, and Portimão, and tbh the tracks from MotoGP in my opinion are so much better then what we have at F1 games. When you are playing the game, you really feel that you are actually at that track, like Assen the GP of this weekend, if you guys dont have see it, go check on YouTube.

Like @CptBalloonhandssayd before, the list of tracks and tracks changes for next year it's getting bigger, and if they dont start to make those changes ASAP they will have some problems at the future. 
If you're a casual player, at the first view you wiil see not a single difference between real life and the game, but for me, when you expend more time in the track driving you start noticing that they are far from real life at some aspects, they need to look close to this.

But answering your question: Yes, i would love to see Turkish GP at the game, Nurburgring and Mugello it's on my wish list too.

• Agree 1
2 hours ago, petro1319 said:

Where has it been confirmed that Turkey is going to be in next year's calendar? Oh yeah that's right. Nowhere. Therefore, "don't get your hopes up" to see Turkey in the game unless it is added to the official calendar at the start of next season. It's fine if you are disappointed that they can't add a track in a couple months but that's the reality of game development. Deal with it.

35 minutes ago, ParadoxAMG53 said:

That is the problem when only a single company has the licence of F1. 

I think they are doing a great job year after year, but for me tbh they need to step up with tracks, getting a database of tracks, if you know what i mean, like hockenheimring, they have the track avaliable if for some reason the track came back at the calendar, so they just need to import into the game. 

MotoGP already have the new Turn 10 on Spain, and Portimão, and tbh the tracks from MotoGP in my opinion are so much better then what we have at F1 games. When you are playing the game, you really feel that you are actually at that track, like Assen the GP of this weekend, if you guys dont have see it, go check on YouTube.

Like @CptBalloonhandssayd before, the list of tracks and tracks changes for next year it's getting bigger, and if they dont start to make those changes ASAP they will have some problems at the future. 
If you're a casual player, at the first view you wiil see not a single difference between real life and the game, but for me, when you expend more time in the track driving you start noticing that they are far from real life at some aspects, they need to look close to this.

But answering your question: Yes, i would love to see Turkish GP at the game, Nurburgring and Mugello it's on my wish list too.

As you write, they did almost nothing and now they have a lot more work and they are not getting along with creating new tracks, and the tracks in MotoGP I saw that they look good and are updated and here for many years nothing, and it is sad.

• Agree 1