Jump to content Jump to content

Turkey Circuit back IRL F1 - now lets have it in the game as well

3 hours ago, CptBalloonhands said:

Where has it been confirmed that Turkey is going to be in next year's calendar? Oh yeah that's right. Nowhere. Therefore, "don't get your hopes up" to see Turkey in the game unless it is added to the official calendar at the start of next season. It's fine if you are disappointed that they can't add a track in a couple months but that's the reality of game development. Deal with it.

I wasn't referring specifically to Turkey; I just meant all of the other changes you referenced.  They should absolutely be there.   If they aren't, then it's time for F1 to reconsider their licensing deal IMO.

I can deal with it; you're right.  I just won't give them another penny for an unfinished product, or a product that doesn't fulfill its promise to replicate the sport in video game form.  This year, while I'm not happy with it I can understand it because of how rapidly the schedule has changed.  For next year though; Sorry.  It's June 2021; a whole year from next year's release and all those changes you listed are well known already at this point.  No excuses for it not to be done.  

To me; It's pretty simple actually.  They have a job to do.  Do it.  I don't want, or care for the excuses of "that's the reality of game development".   Great.... that's a whole bunch of BS to me.  That's what they are in the business of doing. It's their job.  Short on resources or people?  Hire more people, use the resources at their disposal from the new deal with EA.   I'm not sure why we keep trying to make all these excuses for them as "the reality of game development".  We all understand that it takes time to do these types of things, but the real reality of it here is we are talking about a company that specializes in making games.  They have an exclusive license to make this game.  Fulfill that obligation.  Put in the time, the effort, the resources and get it done. We all have deadlines and job requirements in our daily work lives; what happens to us if we don't meet them?  You've got a job to do, get it done or find someone else to do it.  I know it sounds harsh, and again I'm simply referring to all those things you listed (and the new adjustment to Yas Marina) there are no excuses at this point in time IMO for them not to be in the game next year.  We're talking about an entire development cycle here; they know the task ahead.  If you dont think you have the resources to do it, then you better go get them.  Again, it's their job! That's the real reality of it here.  

Anyways, this is all irrelevant really; we're talking about next years game when we havent even seen this year's yet.  So lets just all agree to move on from the topic I guess.   Back to the OP, would I want Turkey.  Heck yes.  The more tracks the better.

Edited by petro1319

Codemasters and EA could surprise players and add Turkey at a later date. Personally, I would even pay for this track (dlc), they would also gain a lot of positive feedback from players, I'm sure and of course they would earn on it.

Of course Turkey should be in and now with EA ownership, who have history of F1 games in early 2000s, and they should now have more resources to develop it.  It is good to see Portimao and Imola added though.  Perhaps EA have some corporate memory of their 2000s productions.

Last year I got rFactor2 which had all 3 circuits and least gave to opportunity to have an explore and some fun.  rF2 also has a Formula E bundle, which is very different and challenging.

I do feel for Codemasters with all these last minute track changes. If FOM gave CM more time and notice of their intentions with the seasons calendars then there would be more time to allow them to build the new tracks quicker for the games. Don’t think that’s the case at all though and it seems CM find out the changes when we do. Not to mention we’ve been in amongst a pandemic which has only complicated things and slowed things down. 

I can understand them not committing to altering the current tracks like Spain, Australia and Abu Dhabi as it seems Braking Point uses the older tracks to cover 2019 and 2020 seasons as well in the story mode.  Plus with already committing to adding the 3 new tracks post-release, not to mention also adding this years F2 season later as well, i can’t seem them finding the time for this years game. 

One good thing is that the announcement of the new track for Russia has been relatively early so hopefully it’ll allow them more time to build it for next years game for release alongside the layout changes to the tracks from this year. 

People seem to expect it done and done with the click of a finger which is completely infeasible, as it’s not just modelling the tracks that takes the time, other aspects like coding the AI, coding the practice programs, recording pre-race audio for Crofty and Anthony Davidson etc. Just a lot more work than I feel people realise.  

Yes we’d all love to see it all ready in time for the games release, but unless we return to a later release schedule towards the end of the real F1 season, which I’m sure no one would be too happy about, certain parts of the game will have to come later on unfortunately. Maybe in a few years time with more resources and personnel from EA then the process could speed up, but I feel like at the moment there’s many different factors, including late last-minute changes by FOM themselves that make things a lot more challenging for Codemasters. 

2 minutes ago, stephensmattlee said:

One good thing is that the announcement of the new track for Russia has been relatively early so hopefully it’ll allow them more time to build it for next years game for release alongside the layout changes to the tracks from this year. 

The new Russian track is for 2023, not 2022.

1 hour ago, silb05 said:

The new Russian track is for 2023, not 2022.

Ah I missed that. Even better then. Gives Codemasters plenty of time to get the track ready. Hopefully next year we see the new layouts of the old tracks and FOM give them plenty of notice for the planned schedule 👍

i mean things take times i would hope that codies do prevent crunching from happening as there is a big culture of it in the game design industry to meet deadlines which aren't achievable examples be it no mans sky and cyberpunk 2077. Hey we still have a while till turkey and it could get cancelled again we just don't know.

Presumably now, after reading the construction of an rF2 new track, the tracks and infrastructure get laser scanned and photographed.  I guess that could be done locally at a new circuit by a contractor with the correct kit etc - a Google maps/street view car??

2 hours ago, Pin6all_Wizard said:

Presumably now, after reading the construction of an rF2 new track, the tracks and infrastructure get laser scanned and photographed.  I guess that could be done locally at a new circuit by a contractor with the correct kit etc - a Google maps/street view car??

It's not a question of how it's feasible, but rather whether it's feasible in terms of time and money.
People sometimes forget that development takes time and money, and these resources are not infinite, even with EA behind you.

• Agree 2
2 hours ago, FTBuzzard said:

It's not a question of how it's feasible, but rather whether it's feasible in terms of time and money.
People sometimes forget that development takes time and money, and these resources are not infinite, even with EA behind you.

That's why you put it in dlc. Just like Assetto Corsa did with Imola.

23 hours ago, AndRe5550148 said:

Unfortunately, they have such an approach not to work hard and sell the game almost unchanged every year,

Except this year when there are some pretty significant changes... 

1 hour ago, Ultra3142 said:

Apart from 3 new tracks and slightly better sounds, I think that much will not change at all. The damage model is very weak, unless they improve even more because the rear wing does not deteriorate in the way we saw in the game.

3 hours ago, Ultra3142 said:

I agree they're pretty significant, yeah. Particularly considering the times we live in. 

Once you've made a successful product, and there isn't really an argument about IF it is successful as a lot of people do buy it, it's more about evolution than revolution. If the game is selling well, then why would you overhaul most of the game and risk it being an utter dud full of unexpected bugs and terrible gamer experience?  

Therefore, it's quite a few changes for something that is supposed to be fundamentally the same. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.  

I mean, yes, we all agree there are still improvements to be made and things we'd like to see but small steps are still better than nothing. 

8 hours ago, AndRe5550148 said:

The damage model is very weak, unless they improve even more because the rear wing does not deteriorate in the way we saw in the game.

7 hours ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

If it ain't broke, don't fix it

I wish this was painted to the walls of any game development studio. Unfortunately it isnt, see the changes to hud, UI and so on and figure what could be done with all these hours of development.

For sure, implementing a somewhat realistic damage model, both physically and optically, is not an easy task and I bet that Codemasters will receive a lot of criticism upon release concerning the damage model. However, implementing one is a step in the right direction and one must not forget, that parts of the game like this can be patched later, and besides we are still talking an annually released game series. If they start the damage model this year, and it basicallly works with some hiccups and graphics that could be improved, fine with me looking forward to future iterations of the game then.

10 hours ago, AndRe5550148 said:

Apart from 3 new tracks and slightly better sounds, I think that much will not change at all. The damage model is very weak, unless they improve even more because the rear wing does not deteriorate in the way we saw in the game.

Firstly 3 new tracks is hardly minor although I suspect they're a good way off. Then there are the damage and handling model changes, two-player career, Braking Point, changes to online multi-player, and support for the new generation of consoles (inc. 120 Hz modes). Different changes will appeal to different people but trying to argue that Codemasters are being 'lazy' and just keep releasing the same game every year doesn't even remotely stack up. It's more a lazy criticism that people just keep throwing about (not just you) without seemingly really looking at the evidence.

As for the original question, of course I'd like to see the Turkish track in the new game. Who wouldn't? 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1