Jump to content Jump to content

Still no confirmation on new tracks and layouts

Shark2Racing

Does anyone knows when the new tracks for season 2021 will be available and when all track layout changes will be in F1 2021 ?

saw some previews but all that was said it will be patched ???

why buying a game that is called F1 2021 And does not contain what the title would promote?

Who would by beer and accept milk ??

Will there be a Demo version of the Game ? 

a lot is mumbled about changes in driving physics but would love to test prior buying……….

19 minutes ago, Shark2Racing said:

Does anyone knows when the new tracks for season 2021 will be available and when all track layout changes will be in F1 2021 ?

why buying a game that is called F1 2021 And does not contain what the title would promote?

a lot is mumbled about changes in driving physics but would love to test prior buying……….

The new tracks (Imola, Portimao and Jeddah) will be available as a free update some time after launch, but the timing has not yet been confirmed. 

No tracks will be updated for this year’s game. This is already being discussed to death in other topics. 

The game will contain all of the drivers and cars of the 2021 season. We can go backwards and forwards on this but for the game to be released, Formula 1 themselves have to be happy with the product that is being proposed. They obviously understand the mitigating circumstances (*cough*COVID*cough*) that Codies have been faced with. 

No, there won’t be a demo.

58 minutes ago, Shark2Racing said:

Better to hold off with the purchase because if they are not going to update the tracks, they do not deserve the full price for this game;)

1 hour ago, DJNicks87 said:

The new tracks (Imola, Portimao and Jeddah) will be available as a free update some time after launch, but the timing has not yet been confirmed. 

No tracks will be updated for this year’s game. This is already being discussed to death in other topics. 

The game will contain all of the drivers and cars of the 2021 season. We can go backwards and forwards on this but for the game to be released, Formula 1 themselves have to be happy with the product that is being proposed. They obviously understand the mitigating circumstances (*cough*COVID*cough*) that Codies have been faced with. 

No, there won’t be a demo.

Pretty much eloquently covers everything. 

I think the fact that Formula One themselves have to be happy with the product is key. If they weren't content with things not matching up with real life then I imagine it would be a different scenario so I imagine they green-light it.

Bit of a cruel cycle as people say they won't pay for the game on principle and that provides two scenarios.

• It's a drop in the ocean and Codemasters don't even notice so they're only inconveniencing themselves.
  • Enough people get on board with the boycott and this affects revenue and perception on the product provided. Less resource is provided as they're not achieving the results expected and therefore the next game is adversely affected which just exacerbates the issues. I doubt this would happen, but you know. 

I get the idea of not buying it until it matches the expectations that you'd have and they're entitled to not buy something they're not happy with. That's totally fine.  Hopefully, with EA lurking around for next time in a supporting role, this is the last year people are so verbose with their disappointment. We shall see though. 

59 minutes ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

Pretty much eloquently covers everything. 

I think the fact that Formula One themselves have to be happy with the product is key. If they weren't content with things not matching up with real life then I imagine it would be a different scenario so I imagine they green-light it.

Bit of a cruel cycle as people say they won't pay for the game on principle and that provides two scenarios.

• It's a drop in the ocean and Codemasters don't even notice so they're only inconveniencing themselves.
  • Enough people get on board with the boycott and this affects revenue and perception on the product provided. Less resource is provided as they're not achieving the results expected and therefore the next game is adversely affected which just exacerbates the issues. I doubt this would happen, but you know. 

I get the idea of not buying it until it matches the expectations that you'd have and they're entitled to not buy something they're not happy with. That's totally fine.  Hopefully, with EA lurking around for next time in a supporting role, this is the last year people are so verbose with their disappointment. We shall see though. 

I personally do not buy it right away because this game is not worth the price for the premiere, the beta version for the full price only later will add the rest, why buy it immediately, as I am mainly interested in new tracks, players should vote with a wallet, and not just write a then they buy anyway;)

18 minutes ago, AndRe5550148 said:

I personally do not buy it right away because this game is not worth the price for the premiere, the beta version for the full price only later will add the rest, why buy it immediately, as I am mainly interested in new tracks, players should vote with a wallet, and not just write a then they buy anyway;)

I can understand that viewpoint and that’s your prerogative if you’re unhappy with the product that is provided. 
I agree it would be preferable to have a fully functional 100% completed game right from the off but I don’t think that’s the model for any game anymore.  Having things come later in the year keeps people’s interest in the game going for longer, supposedly. 
Unless a significant portion of the playerbase also went along with your temporary boycott, I fear that your ‘voting with their wallet’ hypothesis won’t come to fruition because people expect things to be later so aren’t disappointed when they are. 

59 minutes ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

I can understand that viewpoint and that’s your prerogative if you’re unhappy with the product that is provided. 
I agree it would be preferable to have a fully functional 100% completed game right from the off but I don’t think that’s the model for any game anymore.  Having things come later in the year keeps people’s interest in the game going for longer, supposedly. 
Unless a significant portion of the playerbase also went along with your temporary boycott, I fear that your ‘voting with their wallet’ hypothesis won’t come to fruition because people expect things to be later so aren’t disappointed when they are. 

I am not interested in what other players will do. This is my opinion and everyone has their own, I am annoyed by the fact that a game that has great potential has old tracks for many years and nothing is done about it and this is the main thing in F1 "Tracks" without them, there would be no racing.

4 hours ago, AndRe5550148 said:

I am not interested in what other players will do. This is my opinion and everyone has their own, I am annoyed by the fact that a game that has great potential has old tracks for many years and nothing is done about it and this is the main thing in F1 "Tracks" without them, there would be no racing.

There is always the possibility to vote with your wallet - if you are unhappy about the track situation (which is perfectly arguable) then do not buy the product until it has been completed with the additional circuits provided later in 2021. Simple as that. This way, you will buy the "finished" product only, and who knows, maybe even an already heavily discounted one. If you still are not happy, for whatever reason (tracks missing or not updated) then do not buy at all. F1 2020 is an awesome iteration of the game, can be heavily modded and you can get it really cheap nowadays.

Archived