Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wheelspin

Fastolsen said:

Look at this transition from left to right. My foot is almost floored the entire time, especially in the right hand corner...

https://youtu.be/WT-gevcrBOQ

Check out your speedo on the car, the wheel's are still spinning at 130mph+ even once the cars has almost stopped. It looks to me like you have massively over cooked it into both corners and you effectively doing a burn out.

I don't know how the real life factory cars would handle in the corner shown, but in my game with my gearing 4th is too high no matter how hard I throw into it - I have to shift to 3rd to maintain enough torque to keep 'em lit. I am not sure how it should be, but that is a decent solution either way. For those corners I tend do shift through 4th as I am braking into the corner and shift into 3rd after the car's weight transition to the outside is complete, hitting 3rd to get some forward launch out of tailing traffic and create some slip to correct the angle of attack into the corner.   

This is not the correct way to take to corner, I did this to show the problem. And a rallyx car isnt capable of doing a 4th gear burnout standstill anyways... And its km/h, not miles per hour;) Driving a 4x4 Rallyx car with 600HP and 800newtonmeter is little bit about over cooking the corners and use the grip and torque to "slingshot" out of the corners.

Fastolsen said:
 Driving a 4x4 Rallyx car with 600HP and 800newtonmeter is little bit about over cooking the corners and use the grip and torque to "slingshot" out of the corners.
Agreed, something I have no problem with. The only time I have had the issue you are having is when I overcook it and spin out. Something that is almost always entirely my own fault (unless the AI spin me out) so we'll just agree to disagree :)

So, you mean that its pretty normal to loose all the speed when going sideways in 4th gear with full throttle because the tire overheats? Even when you enter the corner at 80 km/h?

grip + 4th gear + hairpin + low speed + hard diffs = does not match.

No matter how powerful is the engine.

Try doing that move at 3rd gear, then tell us your experience...

Fastolsen said:

Look at this transition from left to right. My foot is almost floored the entire time, especially in the right hand corner...

This is exatly what I've mean !

Evilsmurf said:
Fastolsen said:

Check out your speedo on the car, the wheel's are still spinning at 130mph+ even once the cars has almost stopped. It looks to me like you have massively over cooked it into both corners and you effectively doing a burn out.

In Dirt Rally with rx cars there is too much wheelspin, for example when you spin out tires (burn out), the cars is drastically slowing down and stops, try do a donut, its impossible!

OzoreXS said:
grip + 4th gear + hairpin + low speed + hard diffs = does not match.

No matter how powerful is the engine.

Try doing that move at 3rd gear, then tell us your experience...
I do understand that taking a corner with a lot of wheelspin is not the way to get the best grip. But the car shouldnt STOP. It makes NO sense

"Yeah - its not working as well as it should so we are investigating it. " - Kickup.

I'm looking forward to finland update :)

Good news! Although it is very good now since it can be done with a downshift it would be much better to be able to pull that corner off in 4th gear (as only one example, of course) if done skillfully and aggressively enough. It would feel better although to be honest the game's modelling is already beyond my abilities to be sure whether this was 'off' or not. I am very happy to hear that the boundaries will be that much closer to reality when I get to that level. One more reason to get a wheel and pedal setup, for sure.

"Yeah - its not working as well as it should so we are investigating it. " - Kickup.

I'm looking forward to finland update :)
Well, theres nothing more to dicuss here. :neutral: