DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Welcome Back

Welcome back DiRT fans (and hello to new members)

I'm Lee one of the friendly neighborhood Community Managers at Codies and I work with @Hatta @Loore and @Satine.

You should be able to login using the same Codemasters Account details you used on the old forum and you'll find the login/register button in the top right of your screen (These will be the same as the details you use to login to RaceNet). Your username should be automatically pulled in but if you don't have a Codemasters/RaceNet account don't worry, setting one up is free and just takes a few moments.

That’s pretty much all you need to know to get you up and running, if you are having any problems at all just let me know either on here or Twitter.

Once you are logged in click your username at the top of the screen to visit your profile, from here you’ll be able to upload your avatar which will be used across the whole of the forum. Over on the right of this page you’ll find the edit profile button where you’ll be able to add details like your website, Twitter username, Steam ID, PSN ID or Gamertag.

While you are on the edit profile page be sure to have a good look at all the settings and the notification page, we have pop up and email options for almost everything that happens on the forum so and you can customise pretty much everything to suit your taste.

We’ve also made a few changes to how things are structured on the forum. Each game still has its own board (GRID and Formula 1) but biggest change we’ve made is with the off topic and motorsport boards. 

Rather than having an off topic and motorsport section under every game like before we’ve built one section for everybody who visits the forums to use, (it seemed daft to have loads of threads dotted all over the place). To get us started I've opened up a thread for this weeks WRC Rally de Portugal, drop by and make your predictions.

There are loads of cool new things about the forums, you can leave messages on friends profile pages now, earn badges and all kinds of other stuff. The best thing about the new forum platform is that its really flexible and we can add new features and make changes really easily as we go.

So take a look around, let us know what you think, be sure to drop by the New to the Forums board and get posting!

Hurrah, back at last! Just need a new rally game to go with the shiny new forum now... ;)

Yay good to see the forum's are back! Can't wait till the steam support for DiRT 3 and more info on 'DiRT 4' offcourse :D

Amazing news!!! Feels fresh and new and looks awesome!!
So good to be back!! And I have lots of new ideas for new rally games! :D

Forum looks very good.

I wanted to link my youtube, and it basically wants to take the control of my google/youtube account. lol

Edit: It looks like It's the RaceNet thing, not the forum, so that we can upload videos from ingame.
Thanks justbiglee for clarifying

Forum looks very good.

I wanted to link my youtube, and it basically wants to take the control of my google/youtube account. lol
The forum does? Where are you trying to add it and I'll take a look.

I guess he linked YouTube to his account at racenet, it asks rather many permissions when doing so.

https://accounts.codemasters.com/account/link

I guess he linked YouTube to his account at racenet, it asks rather many permissions when doing so.

https://accounts.codemasters.com/account/link
Ohhh that's a RaceNet thing, its so that you can upload videos to YouTube directly from GRID 2, DiRT 3 and Showdown.

For the record, the forum doesn't look too good on mobile (Chrome, Android). Looks MUCH better on desktop though. Will Tapatalk integration be added in the near future (please)?

JonTucker said:
Phew! Great to have the forum back huh! :)
@JonTucker Someone's in need of a Codemasters Employee badge? ;]

Same as SynGamer - when viewing the forum on Chrome on Android the top grey bar is a bit jumpy and I'm unable to type posts because they keyboard keeps on disappearing.

I'd also find useful a button/page, which would gather new posts since last visit and put them in chronological order.
For example I could go to the DiRT games section, click to show new and be up to date quickly.

SynGamer said:
For the record, the forum doesn't look too good on mobile (Chrome, Android). Looks MUCH better on desktop though. Will Tapatalk integration be added in the near future (please)?
Yeah we know the mobile version is a bit shonky atm, we just wanted the forums up and running as quick as we can. If you pop your feedback in this thread it helps us keep track of it all :)

JonTucker said:

We've got a man on it! n.b: but he might be busy moaning about being on a diet ;)

JonTucker said:
JonTucker said:

We've got a man on it! n.b: but he might be busy moaning about being on a diet ;)
I'M SORTING IT! (man I miss bacon)

I may not always have time to write responses but I will be watching the forum closely.

Thanks,

Paul

Really cool to see @RowdyBurns and @JonTucker on the forum. Is there a "dev tracker" addon for the forums possibly?

SynGamer said:
Really cool to see @RowdyBurns and @JonTucker on the forum. Is there a "dev tracker" addon for the forums possibly?
That's on the list for a future update :)

I may not always have time to write responses but I will be watching the forum closely.

Thanks,

Paul

I know this sound strange Paul, but we rather see u working instead of active at the forum
;) hehehe  :>  We are dieing for the new Codemasters Rally game!

But so good to see you @RowdyBurms and @jonTucker at the forum! Also I hope to see u guys soon back ralling in the Scooby!
PS. invitation for a Dutch rally is still open ;-)  Although I am trying to come over the UK asap to do a nice gravel rally!