Jump to content Jump to content

How much for a new car in "game" cash? XP?

it's cash but it's in game cash and depends on the car the higher tier cars cost moer than the lower tier ones  the hyper cars for example cost 1 million I think. I learned thislast night watching @Skid's livestream you should check it out on his channel as I think. Be aware though it's 5 hours long and this was towards the end of it.

it's cash but it's in game cash and depends on the car the higher tier cars cost moer than the lower tier ones  the hyper cars for example cost 1 million I think. I learned thislast night watching @Skid's livestream you should check it out on his channel as I think. Be aware though it's 5 hours long and this was towards the end of it.
Didn't the Mazda Furai cost 2.4 million? Or was it the McLaren F1 GT?

Either way, the cars are quite expensive; I think the Cat C Touring cars are 200K-ish. Considering that I've got almost 80 million on Grid 2 with nothing to spend it on then it's good that the cars are pretty expensive now.

KazzyMac said:

Either way, the cars are quite expensive; I think the Cat C Touring cars are 200K-ish. Considering that I've got almost 80 million on Grid 2 with nothing to spend it on then it's good that the cars are pretty expensive now.
yeah it's something like that I just didn't remember all the prices I knew some of the big powerful cars were the most expensive

"From 5,000 in game credits up to 6.7mil"

@Loore, are you serious? What the hell? Again, I feel like the league racer has been left out in the cold here. Of the 200,000+ members on Race Department I know hundreds across all platforms who are waiting for the answers to handling (seems like you'll have them) and then waiting for answers about how on-line multiplayer will work. 12 cars on a grid is a blow. No pits is a major blow. But I was banking on the handling and the immersion and the "Club" challenge section to get their competitive juices flowing. (Never mind that you can't see behind you, they were used to that in F1 2012.)

Now we hear that we can't share XP or "game cash" or whatever you call it by racing our club livery (or can we?) online because we can't even HAVE a club livery since none of us will be able to afford to buy a car! What the hell?!?! League players don't practice in multiplayer typically (that's why they are in a league)...but they are some of the most loyal and dedicated and long-term users of your products (the good ones) out there. Out F1 leagues (all 12 of them) have about 3 months to go. There is no better advertizement or fan or dedicated player.

First a couple of questions
1.  Realistically, let's say a buddy and I race on full difficulty in a "normal" race with very hard A.I. and place top 5. (I remember you said distance was not a factor in gaining XP, but that assists, difficulty and number of opponents were). Ballpark, how much could we expect to rack up? (I noticed in one video that a guy was already at level FIVE (10 hours or so) and he had $4,500?!?! If so, this is pathetic.

2.  So, part two to the question - how can we get the most cash the fastest so we can actually *use* our club instead of have it sit there with Codemastern Southam thinking we would want to take on a public lobby hatchet gang every night? For instance....here are our first two events
British Touring Car Championship (Touring Tier 1)
Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit
Spa-Francorchamps
Spa-Francorchamps
British Touring Car Championship Round One:  Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit

British Touring Car Championship Round TwoSpa-Francorchamps​​

:

Touring Tier 1, Cat C, Spa-Francorchamps the Brands Hatch. If we somehow do manage to buy a car (which I doubt if you have to play 100 hours for a MINI), then can we run the club on our own (not in league races) so that XP or "game cash" be SHARED amongst other club members? If not, why not? In fact, why can't clubs buy and sell cars and even share them? (Forza has yous ass kicked here I'm afraid...its as if you are trapped in Monaco with a Prius).

3. Is there any other way to acquire a car, like, say, through Microsoft credits (again, like in Forza)?

May I make a few very polite suggestions:

1.  If you are going to have a "Club" section where everyone who is in a league can race under one banner and challenge others, make it a true club, and not just a club that you assume will venture out into public lobby demolition derbies (this is the precise reason we have leagues)....and give them cars to share if they choose to share them. Don't just make the Club a superficial place where you simply compare stats using your neato wizbang Race Net (which is pretty cool by the way) but a real car club. If you are a car guy, you know what I mean.

2.  If the cars are as expensive as I think they are, running a league is virtually impossible without "loaner" cars (the ones with no numbers, no upgradability, no tuning, and no livery). Please make the cars more accessible somehow. I understand you want people to "level up" and all, but if we are trying to run a series and have a club, it would be nice to actually be able to do it right.

Oh yea, and give the cars mirrors for chrissake. Not being able to see behind you in a real immersion killer. I know you can do it, and I have a sneaking suspicion you are working on it. F1 2012 -----> F1 2013 -- PRESTO! lol.

Otherwise, rant over. (I really do think this will be fun even with the limitations). Somehow, as we always do, us league guys and PC folks (your most loyal and long tern players) will work around the defects. But overall, nice work.

@Loore, are you serious? What the hell? Again, I feel like the league racer has been left out in the cold here. Of the 200,000+ members on Race Department I know hundreds across all platforms who are waiting for the answers to handling (seems like you'll have them) and then waiting for answers about how on-line multiplayer will work. 12 cars on a grid is a blow. No pits is a major blow. But I was banking on the handling and the immersion and the "Club" challenge section to get their competitive juices flowing. (Never mind that you can't see behind you, they were used to that in F1 2012.)

Now we hear that we can't share XP or "game cash" or whatever you call it by racing our club livery (or can we?) online because we can't even HAVE a club livery since none of us will be able to afford to buy a car! What the hell?!?! League players don't practice in multiplayer typically (that's why they are in a league)...but they are some of the most loyal and dedicated and long-term users of your products (the good ones) out there. Out F1 leagues (all 12 of them) have about 3 months to go. There is no better advertizement or fan or dedicated player.

1.  Realistically, let's say a buddy and I race on full difficulty in a "normal" race with very hard A.I. and place top 5. (I remember you said distance was not a factor in gaining XP, but that assists, difficulty and number of opponents were). Ballpark, how much could we expect to rack up? (I noticed in one video that a guy was already at level FIVE (10 hours or so) and he had $4,500?!?! If so, this is pathetic.

2.  So, part two to the question - how can we get the most cash the fastest so we can actually *use* our club instead of have it sit there with Codemastern Southam thinking we would want to take on a public lobby hatchet gang every night? For instance....here are our first two events
Spa-Francorchamps
Spa-Francorchamps

:

Touring Tier 1, Cat C, Spa-Francorchamps the Brands Hatch. If we somehow do manage to buy a car (which I doubt if you have to play 100 hours for a MINI), then can we run the club on our own (not in league races) so that XP or "game cash" be SHARED amongst other club members? If not, why not? In fact, why can't clubs buy and sell cars and even share them? (Forza has yous ass kicked here I'm afraid...its as if you are trapped in Monaco with a Prius).

3. Is there any other way to acquire a car, like, say, through Microsoft credits (again, like in Forza)?

1.  If you are going to have a "Club" section where everyone who is in a league can race under one banner and challenge others, make it a true club, and not just a club that you assume will venture out into public lobby demolition derbies (this is the precise reason we have leagues)....and give them cars to share if they choose to share them. Don't just make the Club a superficial place where you simply compare stats using your neato wizbang Race Net (which is pretty cool by the way) but a real car club. If you are a car guy, you know what I mean.

2.  If the cars are as expensive as I think they are, running a league is virtually impossible without "loaner" cars (the ones with no numbers, no upgradability, no tuning, and no livery). Please make the cars more accessible somehow. I understand you want people to "level up" and all, but if we are trying to run a series and have a club, it would be nice to actually be able to do it right.

Oh yea, and give the cars mirrors for chrissake. Not being able to see behind you in a real immersion killer. I know you can do it, and I have a sneaking suspicion you are working on it. F1 2012 -----> F1 2013 -- PRESTO! lol.

Otherwise, rant over. (I really do think this will be fun even with the limitations). Somehow, as we always do, us league guys and PC folks (your most loyal and long tern players) will work around the defects. But overall, nice work.

Omg all I hear is waa waa waa, we can't share credits are you serious . You can't do this or that . Yo don't buy the game and it will save you from having a heart attack.

Spa-Francorchamps
Spa-Francorchamps

:

Omg all I hear is waa waa waa, we can't share credits are you serious . You can't do this or that . Yo don't buy the game and it will save you from having a heart attack.
Personal attacks have no business on this forum. My discussion was entirely game related. If you can't take the critical nature of it (and by the way, I have pre-ordered it and will be in a league) for what it is -- an attempt to improve the game then please refrain from being a coward and attacking the person instead of having a debate. @Loore can always either ignore it or add it to the millions of other "wants" and "whining" that this forum actually is meant to encourage.

KazzyMac said:

There's a kind of twisted logic in there somewhere.