Sign in to follow this  

Show off your screenshots

Just finished editing my name onto a couple of liveries for testing :] 
Bringing my Dad back into co-driving again! Though the Mk2 is a Bear special. 

Your cars don't have any windows lol

KevM said:

Hmm, it does look a little bit too transparent. There were definitely some reflections in-game, but it looks far too clear on those images.

What could be causing that? 

KevM said:

Hmm, it does look a little bit too transparent. There were definitely some reflections in-game, but it looks far too clear on those images.

Export the textures where windows are again. Add the names. Make sure you export them using DDS nVidia plugin with correct settings. Wrong settings may create that issue.

KevM said:

Export the textures where windows are again. Add the names. Make sure you export them using DDS nVidia plugin with correct settings. Wrong settings may create that issue.
I'm not using Photoshop or anything, due to not having it installed on the new HDD. I'm editing the image with paint through DXT because I'm only changing the names. I have everything working as far as the details go, but one of my steps are wrong to create the reflection/transparency issue, or I'm incorrectly masking it. I put a step-by-step process of what I'm doing in the thread I created here: http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/37674/basic-editing-of-liveries#latest

When I come to editing the whole livery I'll then use Photoshop :] 

thecraicbear said:
I'm not using Photoshop or anything, due to not having it installed on the new HDD. I'm editing the image with paint through DXT because I'm only changing the names. I have everything working as far as the details go, but one of my steps are wrong to create the reflection/transparency issue, or I'm incorrectly masking it. I put a step-by-step process of what I'm doing in the thread I created here: http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/37674/basic-editing-of-liveries#latest

When I come to editing the whole livery I'll then use Photoshop :] 
That's the issue. You don't edit the PSSG file. You export the textures from the PSSG file. Those textures are in .DDS format. You don't apply alpha channel on that texture. You just add it, save it with correct DDS settings and that's it.
Name on a window is effectively a texture. There's no difference between the two. It's best if you install Photoshop as soon as possible, since it's just gonna make things easier and less complicate.

Showing off the 205 T16 in Sweden using my reworked SweetFX settings. That's it for now.

It might just be my monitor's probably poor calibration, but those shots look a lot better. Interestingly, if I look at it from the side of the screen I can almost see a before and after.

Sneaky sneaky.                                                                                                   

Let's fly !