Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Error 41

Ever since the rally cross update when i launch the game it will open fine then tell em to press enter and when it checks the game content the game will crash to windows then try to launch again but i will get error 41.I have tried verifying game integrity and reinstalling but nothing works.

This happened to me all the time also. What I have found that works for me is starting the game in windowed mode. I leave it like that until a race is about to start with the countdown. Then I switch to fullscreen (alt+enter). Then I switch back to windowed mode(alt+tab) after the race.

I thought that made it work every time for me, but then I got error 41 for the first time in windowed mode yesterday. But most of the time it does work. At least I can play now and I can live with an error 41 once in 30 or 40 tries until it's fixed.

This is an ongoing issue, although it does appear to be happening less than before. But I don't believe there is still a definitive reason this error occurs. I had this problem after the hill climb patch and the only thing that fixed it for me was a game AND gpu driver update. So first thing to do is check your graphic card driver is up to date. If this doesn't work there are a number of 'work arounds' people have suggested in other similar threads. Unfortunately none of them work all the tube and definitely don't work for everyone. Like I said, when it happened to me it was just a case of waiting until it was fixed.