Jump to content Jump to content

F1 2021 PS4 Pre-Order


ignasuu1

Recommended Posts

Hey there, people!

 

So I have already asked the same question in another thread, but my question focuses on PS4, not PS5 and I wanted to ask if anyone else is having the same issue. (I didn't get any direct response to my question in the other thread sadly)

 

Basically I have pre-ordered F1 2021 Deluxe edition, however I can't even see the game in my library and in addition to that, the product landing page shows that the game is available on PS5 only, so that's what makes me worried. Anyone with PS4 who has the same issue?

 

I have also checked my transaction history and it clearly shows that I have bought the PS4 and PS5 version, so I don't really think it was an error on my end.

 

I know that people who owns PS5 got confirmation that they will be able to download the game even though it displays that they own the PS4 version, however I wasn't able to find anything regarding the PS4 version.

A picture that shows that I own only PS5 version of the game (even though the title says that the game is both for PS4 and PS5):

image.png.77f1d0628a8fbbe1eed10ef21ef495fd.png

 

Any help and comments will be greatly appreciated, thank you all. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You seem to be looking online, what does it say on your PS4? 

As @BarryBL noted in the previous thread, you have purchased both the PS4 and PS5 version, so it's not like you won't be able to play the game when it comes out, it might mean you have to download it manually though. 

In your library on your PS4, under 'Purchased', it doesn't show like this? 

E5rA3IfXoAAxXFC.thumb.jpg.0bf85b9653d32f09e4e299a5935a31a7.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, KNT2011 said:

You seem to be looking online, what does it say on your PS4? 

As @BarryBL noted in the previous thread, you have purchased both the PS4 and PS5 version, so it's not like you won't be able to play the game when it comes out, it might mean you have to download it manually though. 

In your library on your PS4, under 'Purchased', it doesn't show like this? 

E5rA3IfXoAAxXFC.thumb.jpg.0bf85b9653d32f09e4e299a5935a31a7.jpg

I can't even see the game if I check through my PS4 library. It's just not there, that's the odd part.

If the game will appear on the release day it's not that big of a deal for me, I am just a bit worried that I'll be stuck with the PS5 version only.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, ignasuu1 said:

I can't even see the game if I check through my PS4 library. It's just not there, that's the odd part.

If you check the store page for it on your Ps4 what does it say? 

For comparison mine is:

E5rBvLVXEAIKiEc.thumb.jpg.b8dab64f3687700d58975a76ddb45ae9.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, ignasuu1 said:

If the game will appear on the release day it's not that big of a deal for me, I am just a bit worried that I'll be stuck with the PS5 version only.

You definitely have both mate, I wouldn't panic. It might be worth reaching out to PS support just to clarify there was no issue with your pre-order if you want to be sure, but otherwise it might just mean you have to go to the store page yourself on the 13th and press download from there if it doesn't automatically pop up for you. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, KNT2011 said:

If you check the store page for it on your Ps4 what does it say? 

For comparison mine is:

E5rBvLVXEAIKiEc.thumb.jpg.b8dab64f3687700d58975a76ddb45ae9.jpg

I can see the same as you do, it just shows "not available for purchase". I mean it's clear that I have bought the game, it's just odd to encounter such a bug. Also, may I ask you what you can see if you check the product page via browser? As for me it shows that the game is only for PS5. 

image.png.9b11c2f53d7622bf4587754a4204ec01.png

 

Also, I have bought the game through the website I think, so that might be the cause of this weird bug maybe? (Because the website shows that the game works only on PS5's)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, KNT2011 said:

You definitely have both mate, I wouldn't panic. It might be worth reaching out to PS support just to clarify there was no issue with your pre-order if you want to be sure, but otherwise it might just mean you have to go to the store page yourself on the 13th and press download from there if it doesn't automatically pop up for you. 

Yeah that's really not an issue for me. I just hope that it'll fix itself and the PS4 version will appear 🙂 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I tell you what mate it's bloody weird. 

If I go to just to https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/games/f1-2021/ it says PS4 and PS5 and not available for purchase

However if I go through the store https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/EP4001-PPSA02696_00-F12021DELUXEDIGI it just says PS5 (and again not available for purchase)

Really the whole gen jump is a bit of a mess for Sony, I genuinely don't think you'll have a problem come release day other than possibly having to manually download, personally I might be reaching out to Support just to be sure in my own mind, but that's up to you. 

The above is bloody daft! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, KNT2011 said:

I tell you what mate it's bloody weird. 

If I go to just to https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/games/f1-2021/ it says PS4 and PS5 and not available for purchase

However if I go through the store https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/EP4001-PPSA02696_00-F12021DELUXEDIGI it just says PS5 (and again not available for purchase)

Really the whole gen jump is a bit of a mess for Sony, I genuinely don't think you'll have a problem come release day other than possibly having to manually download, personally I might be reaching out to Support just to be sure in my own mind, but that's up to you. 

The above is bloody daft! 

Hah, that is indeed really odd. I will contact the customer support just in case. Thank you for taking your time to look into it!

 

Anyone else if you have the same situation on PS4 please feel free to share it, I hope I am not alone on this one. 😄

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Follow up:

 

So I contacted Barry directly with the same question, and he confirmed that I will get the PS4 version before the launch, so if anyone else is having the same issue, I assume you should be good too. Just wanted to let people know. 🙂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Faze2010 said:

I had the same issue, I contacted PS support and they confirmed I will have the game on the 13th. It's an annoying issue. Thanks for sharing what Barry said to you.

You bought through the website as well and not the store on Ps4? 

Seems to be an issue with the way the storefronts are put together, bit of a mess but as both versions are in the package I don't think there would be a situation where you would be without the game. 

Just an annoyance. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Faze2010 said:

I had the same issue, I contacted PS support and they confirmed I will have the game on the 13th. It's an annoying issue. Thanks for sharing what Barry said to you.

Thank you for sharing that you are on the same boat with me. As @KNT2011just said it just might be the way that the store is put together, I don't think you get the same issue if you buy it through your PS4 directly

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank you @ignasuu1 and @KNT2011 for posting this. I was facing the same issue of not seeing game in library (was able to see it last year though), now I am kind of relieved that game will come for me (even if appears on 13th), I am fine. 

 

For the record, seeing same things as you guys 

"Not available for purchase" in store of PS4

"Already pre-ordered" on PSN site

I booked from PS website on in-store

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, shubhranshb277 said:

Thank you @ignasuu1 and @KNT2011 for posting this. I was facing the same issue of not seeing game in library (was able to see it last year though), now I am kind of relieved that game will come for me (even if appears on 13th), I am fine. 

 

For the record, seeing same things as you guys 

"Not available for purchase" in store of PS4

"Already pre-ordered" on PSN site

I booked from PS website on in-store

go to your games library and type f1 in the search bar, then see what it says.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...