Jump to content Jump to content

Tyre Allocation?

cme26wvu

1 hour ago, cpayne32 said:

I wouldn’t worry too much about tyre allocation. For F1 2021, you have a fixed amount of each tyre rather than being able to change this

@barry1why can we not be allowed to change this based on the tyres we want, this would be a great feature.

1 minute ago, cpayne32 said:

It’s matching what happens in the real world. It’s also why rich mix is gone as well

A change in the regulations has seen a standardised tyre allocation being brought in for 2021, with drivers – “unless otherwise determined by the FIA and with the agreement of [Pirelli]” – set to receive: two sets of hard tyres, three sets of mediums and eight sets of softs per race weekend. 

Meanwhile, the current period for teams to be notified of which tyre compounds will be available for which race – nine weeks for European events, 15 for non-European ones – has been slashed dramatically to just two weeks for any event. This will help to avoid issues if Covid rears its head and causes any late changes to this year’s calendar.

that’s from the official F1 website 

58 minutes ago, cpayne32 said:

A change in the regulations has seen a standardised tyre allocation being brought in for 2021, with drivers – “unless otherwise determined by the FIA and with the agreement of [Pirelli]” – set to receive: two sets of hard tyres, three sets of mediums and eight sets of softs per race weekend. 

Meanwhile, the current period for teams to be notified of which tyre compounds will be available for which race – nine weeks for European events, 15 for non-European ones – has been slashed dramatically to just two weeks for any event. This will help to avoid issues if Covid rears its head and causes any late changes to this year’s calendar.

that’s from the official F1 website 

correct, but we should be able to choose how to use it, for example, if we want to use 2 sets of hard for the race and a medium it should be allowed as in real life, it shouldnt be locked during the weekend as long as the mandatory Tyre rules are followed

On 7/8/2021 at 4:53 AM, ChicagoSeminole said:

CPU doesn't have tire degradation so it doesnt really matter. They run identical laps and then suddenly lose 6 seconds on the lap before they pit to compensate. 

Please tell me this isn't true

21 minutes ago, R9NALD09 said:

Please tell me this isn't true

Can't really say for sure but i'm confident it is incorrect. 

Generally you expect most laps in a stint to be around the same time anyway as tyre degradation slows you down, this is offset by less fuel allowing you to go quicker. Eventually this reaches a plateau where the tyres have degraded too much and the 'tyre goes off'. However, the AI generally pit before this point on their regimented routine of all pitting on the same two laps. 

You'll notice on the Race Director that they'll have two laps that have slow laps. One is the in-lap where they'll lose 5 seconds or so in the pit limiter section. Then obviously the out-lap which contains the time of the actual pit stop and the other half of the pit limiter.

I imagine the 'suddenly lose 6 seconds' is a misinterpretation of the pit entry part. 

Archived