Jump to content Jump to content

@Hoo

Finally got time to do some testing on the release version. Few notes:

1) The damage packet does not show the engine part wear for the other cars. It would be great, if the data would be updated at least for the team mate, so the data could be used to help to decide, which durability updates are the most critical for the team and not just for the player.

2) In the game there are now these issues during racing, like ERS not working or Engine problems. This info is not shown on MFD nor it is available in the Telemetry. Would it be possible to add those "issue indicators" to the Damage packet, like there already is the DRS failure. And it would be great, if that info would also be added to the MFD.

Cheers

Does anyone know what team/car the ID 104 refers to? It's not documented as far as I can see. I'm not aware of a team 104 in the 2020 UDP specs. Any feedback would be very much appreciated.

1 hour ago, krz9 said:

Does anyone know what team/car the ID 104 refers to? It's not documented as far as I can see. I'm not aware of a team 104 in the 2020 UDP specs. Any feedback would be very much appreciated.

Hi,

104 is the "Generic F1 car/My Team", when in TT. So same as 41 in online races and 255 in MyTeam. Handy, isn't it.

Maybe for statistics you can combine 104 and 41, as they should be fully developed, whereas 255 depends how far you are in the My Team.

Cheers.

Edited by LonelyRacer
Added statistics idea line.
  • Thanks 1

One of our customers found a very annoying bug, that we will need your help to be addressed with the EA/codemasters developers.

Check out this video, left side is the SRS showing the telemetry that is receiving from F12021 and right side is the F12021 in the menu:

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipMGg-fnEguBQEtcYFFFMoTqAaF1nUJcPHSm58yq0X7vQdb7IZv6h8vp5CgMGa2dHA?key=VXl0S05YNFFvUDBLZ2Y2WVhpTHp5ak8zaVJfcExR

Every time I change the menu, the F12021 is sending the telemetry for about 1 second.

This did not happen in any previous version of F1 games, all the way up to F12011.

It's major issue for Motion platform users, every time it switches the menu, it goes from the 0 position, all the way to where the car was when you pressed pause, it sends you to the roof literally.

2 hours ago, SimRacingStudio said:

One of our customers found a very annoying bug, that we will need your help to be addressed with the EA/codemasters developers.

Check out this video, left side is the SRS showing the telemetry that is receiving from F12021 and right side is the F12021 in the menu:

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipMGg-fnEguBQEtcYFFFMoTqAaF1nUJcPHSm58yq0X7vQdb7IZv6h8vp5CgMGa2dHA?key=VXl0S05YNFFvUDBLZ2Y2WVhpTHp5ak8zaVJfcExR

Every time I change the menu, the F12021 is sending the telemetry for about 1 second.

This did not happen in any previous version of F1 games, all the way up to F12011.

It's major issue for Motion platform users, every time it switches the menu, it goes from the 0 position, all the way to where the car was when you pressed pause, it sends you to the roof literally.

Can confirm, have the same problem.

2 hours ago, SimRacingStudio said:

Same for me. When in the game menus at both pause screen and the game setup navigation menus, engine telemetry is firing back and forth. This didn’t happen in any previous F1 game with UDP telemetry. 

On 7/8/2021 at 3:38 PM, BarryBL said:

Session History info from previous session is sent following a restart

@Hoo is there an ETA for this bug? This is quite a significant issue. Whenever one of our users first runs qualifying, then the race, for instance, the first lap of the race has the qualifying lap data. I think the SessionHistory packet is a great addition, but it’s not useable when we get completely wrong lap data. We’re about to switch back to the Lap packet data with all of its manual workarounds, but I’m still hoping that you’re able to release a fix soon.

Thanks in advance for your feedback!

8 hours ago, SimRacingStudio said:

Have you looked at what packet types are actually being sent during this time? I know that Event packets for Button Status are now sent while in the menus, as this was requested by app developers so that we can navigate screens in our apps while also in the menu in the game using the controller buttons. Assuming it is only the "button status" events, then it sounds to me like the issue is that the motion platforms aren't properly reading the telemetry. 

I have an issue with the lastLapTimeInMs and currentLapTimeInMs. Im getting weird number, says the lastLap is 3562864896 when it was 1m 28s (around 88894 ms).

My error.

Edited by RycFod
fixed

Hello guys,

did anybody tried to push udp data from different computers to a unique server listening (oustide local network)? For a leaderboard for example? Is that something doable?

Thank's

2 hours ago, Cheelax said:

Hello guys,

did anybody tried to push udp data from different computers to a unique server listening (oustide local network)? For a leaderboard for example? Is that something doable?

Thank's

Some of my users do that (i.e. set the IP to be outside local network), so that the race engineer can receive/receives the data.

The issue with doing it that way is that it then prevents the user using other local tools, as the data is sent away. That is the reason I have added to my tool way to forward the data to 2 different IP (+PORT) addresses, so the local tools + remote servers can take advantage of the data at the same time.

Cheers

• Agree 1
On 7/16/2021 at 11:03 PM, krz9 said:

@Hoo is there an ETA for this bug? This is quite a significant issue. Whenever one of our users first runs qualifying, then the race, for instance, the first lap of the race has the qualifying lap data. I think the SessionHistory packet is a great addition, but it’s not useable when we get completely wrong lap data. We’re about to switch back to the Lap packet data with all of its manual workarounds, but I’m still hoping that you’re able to release a fix soon.

It's not that easy, since they also removed a lot of the "previous lap" informations from the lap data packet.,.. 🙄

Just now, Lopensky said:

It's not that easy, since they also removed a lot of the "previous lap" informations from the lap data packet.,.. 🙄

We actually did switch back to the Lap packet this weekend because we experienced more inconsistencies with the Session History package. In some 25% sessions it wasn't sent after a few laps. I didn't investigate further because at that point it was easier to go back to our previous implementation. 

We only need to calculate sector times. We do this by storing current lap sector1 and sector2 times in memory, and once the lap finished (via currentLap increment), we calculate sector3 time via previousLapTime - sector1 - sector2. That has been working well so far. 

I'm happy to contribute to debugging the Session History packet further. I think it's useful, but the bugs are too significant right now. I'm assuming Hoo is busy with more important game issues right now, but hopefully it will be fixed later on.

• Agree 1

Wow, that's how i was calculating lap times since this new game... 🙄

Actually it's not possible for me to switch back to older system (too much work needed to), so i really hope they will fix this problem as soon as possible. 😔

• Agree 1
  • Codemasters Staff
On 7/16/2021 at 10:03 PM, krz9 said:

Unfortunately, this fix is queued behind a few others at the moment. It is pencilled in for inclusion in patch v1.06 (about two weeks away), but this may get bumped back depending on other fixes that come in. Sorry.

• Thanks 3
  • Codemasters Staff
On 7/15/2021 at 1:23 PM, LonelyRacer said:

@Hoo

Finally got time to do some testing on the release version. Few notes:

1) The damage packet does not show the engine part wear for the other cars. It would be great, if the data would be updated at least for the team mate, so the data could be used to help to decide, which durability updates are the most critical for the team and not just for the player.

We've looked into this and it appears to be working as expected. The values will only show for real players as AI cars don't simulate engine wear in the same way. Remember also that real players will only show more detailed telemetry info if they have set their UDP to use the "public" setting rather than "restricted".

On 7/15/2021 at 3:39 PM, cgfdoo said:

From what I can tell it appears as if the DRS Assist and ERS Assist fields are always 0, regardless of either being on or off. Anyone else seeing this?

@Hoo any news on this one or is it just me experiencing this issue?

• Codemasters Staff
1 hour ago, DaveyGravy said:

@Hoo Whilst we’re checking the status on things… is there any movement on the perennial issue of not sending gamer tags in telemetry? It really does ruin the multiplayer aspect somewhat.

Thanks

Unfortunately, that one is still under review and we have no ETA for when this will be completed. I will ask again.

• Thanks 1
  • Codemasters Staff
8 hours ago, cgfdoo said:

@Hoo any news on this one or is it just me experiencing this issue?

It is working fine for us. 🙂

• Thanks 1
On 7/20/2021 at 4:00 PM, Hoo said:

Unfortunately, that one is still under review and we have no ETA for when this will be completed. I will ask again.

@Hoo  I know i already proposed this solution some time ago, but since i find it would be really usefull for a lot of ppl here, i try to submit this again...

Instead of sending out the gamertag, why don't you just send out a "code" build over the gametag itself coded with some unknown key? This way you can send out a unique code for each gamertag, without any sensible data, and we would finally have a strong system to bind the game players to a "real" player on our external systems...

Is this not as easy to do as it sounds?

• Codemasters Staff
1 hour ago, Lopensky said:

@Hoo  I know i already proposed this solution some time ago, but since i find it would be really usefull for a lot of ppl here, i try to submit this again...

Instead of sending out the gamertag, why don't you just send out a "code" build over the gametag itself coded with some unknown key? This way you can send out a unique code for each gamertag, without any sensible data, and we would finally have a strong system to bind the game players to a "real" player on our external systems...

Is this not as easy to do as it sounds?

Hi @Lopensky - we already proposed this solution but it was rejected as the algorithm could be simple to reverse-engineer against known gamertags. 😞 

• Thanks 1