Jump to content Jump to content

Hello

@Hoo I have two bugs for you.

1. the topic of the telemetry 2020 has disapear. do you know where he is ?
2. i am on a lobby, a guy join during the qualification 18 minutes. he took an HAAS. the race start, the game give him number 16 (charles leclerc). I am lost.
it's not possible to make in way that a guy who join a lobby late, when the Q2 or Race start, his number be overide on the official one ?

Regards

• Codemasters Staff
12 hours ago, ThibaudPHP said:

Hello

@Hoo I have two bugs for you.

2. i am on a lobby, a guy join during the qualification 18 minutes. he took an HAAS. the race start, the game give him number 16 (charles leclerc). I am lost.
it's not possible to make in way that a guy who join a lobby late, when the Q2 or Race start, his number be overide on the official one ?

Regards

2020 telemetry setting should still be available. 

When loading into a session will players use their own details for car livery, helmet, suit, gloves and car number. However, when players drop into and active session during practice or qualifying sessions they will assume the details of the car that they drop into. Attempting to change all of this data part-way through a race would be very confusing so we don't do this.

13 hours ago, ThibaudPHP said:

You mean this one? @Hoo it is a bit odd that this thread is in the 2019 sub-forum instead of the F1 2020 sub-forum, was that always the case?

2 hours ago, cgfdoo said:

You mean this one? @Hoo it is a bit odd that this thread is in the 2019 sub-forum instead of the F1 2020 sub-forum, was that always the case?

it was not this one i saved because he had more comments, but thanks because i can found what i want on it

3 hours ago, Hoo said:

2020 telemetry setting should still be available. 

When loading into a session will players use their own details for car livery, helmet, suit, gloves and car number. However, when players drop into and active session during practice or qualifying sessions they will assume the details of the car that they drop into. Attempting to change all of this data part-way through a race would be very confusing so we don't do this.

Okay but on my yesterday session, a guy jump on a HAAS and obtain the number 16 (leclerc's number)

On 8/15/2021 at 6:49 PM, codylane482 said:

After spending the last week troubleshooting, I too experience this now and it requires some fiddling with the IP address even when broadcast mode is turned on. But yeah, I think it's important to admit when you are wrong, and so far I've been totally wrong. As others have mentioned and I would agree it's most likely the Xbox networking implementation.

For now, it's far easier to run  my app with IPv4 address: 0.0.0.0:20777 and then in my Xbox F1 game settings set the IP address to the IP of my app.

I'm starting to wonder now if it's a subnet issue. For example, I use DHCP for my network and it's a wired connection. My DHCP server is running Linux and I know it's configured correctly to provide the correct subnet for all of it's DHCP clients. The one weird thing I've always noticed is that when my Xbox gets it's DHCP address it never gets the right netmask. It's always set to 255.0.0.0 but it should be 255.255.255.0 so I have to manually go in and set the IP and netmask.

I will continue to run some more tests and see if I can nail this down. 

Not a problem! Perhaps you were on an older game build at the time which didn't have the same issues as we were seeing.

The subnet mask not picking up correctly is obviously not right - easiest way to narrow down the issue is to take your Xbox to a friend/family house and connect it up there. If it picks up the correct mask you know the issue is with your DHCP server somewhere.

Using 255.0.0.0 as a mask on a network meant to be using 255.255.255.0 will probably stop broadcasts working, but directed IP packets should still arrive. If your IP address is for example 192.168.20.10 then with a 255.0.0.0 mask your LAN IP range is effectively 192.0.0.0->192.255.255.255, so anything else in your LAN range of 192.168.20.x is still in that range and won't get routed.

Good luck!

Just a quick note, some F2 Teams ID's in the documentation are wrong.

These are the correct ID's:

ART_GRAND_PRIX = 70
CAMPOS_RACING = 71
CARLIN = 72
CHAROUZ_RACING_SYSTEM = 73
DAMS = 74
HITECH_GRAND_PRIX = 75
BWT_HWA_RACELAB = 76
MP_MOTORSPORT = 77
PREMA_RACING = 78
TRIDENT = 79
UNI_VIRTUOSI_RACING = 80

On 8/20/2021 at 11:30 PM, DaveyGravy said:

Not a problem! Perhaps you were on an older game build at the time which didn't have the same issues as we were seeing.

The subnet mask not picking up correctly is obviously not right - easiest way to narrow down the issue is to take your Xbox to a friend/family house and connect it up there. If it picks up the correct mask you know the issue is with your DHCP server somewhere.

Using 255.0.0.0 as a mask on a network meant to be using 255.255.255.0 will probably stop broadcasts working, but directed IP packets should still arrive. If your IP address is for example 192.168.20.10 then with a 255.0.0.0 mask your LAN IP range is effectively 192.0.0.0->192.255.255.255, so anything else in your LAN range of 192.168.20.x is still in that range and won't get routed.

Good luck!

Thanks my friend. So far nothing new to report. I've stopped using Broadcast mode on my Xbox and I've tried your suggestions and I get the same result. I am going to blame this on MS since I know they like to not follow RFC's. I've not been able to find a workaround for Broadcast mode as of yet.

Probably the biggest challenges for folks using Xbox console is all the lack of features while using a console. For example my Fanatec F1 wheel I don't get all the nice features that Fanatec provided since I'm on a console and the Xbox SDK only supports a controller which as you probably know is pretty limited so all my fancy rotatory encoders on my wheel don't work. Sigh. I wish I had the extra funds to upgrade to a PC and run my sim from there.

I do have some ideas for my app that I'm working on so that I can enable webhooks and still use a raspberry pi and a custom LED rev light bar. I still need to implement this POC but so far my initial tests are working and I'm very excited about it. I will open source this when I am finished.

I also found a keyboard that I can use for a ButtonBox and I've relabeled the keys and attached it to my Track Racer rig which is pretty freaking hot. I love this stuff and I love this community. Keep up the good work!

On CarStatusData packet, the m_tractionControl is always 2 for every other player, except myself.

When I have Medium TC on, it's 2 (not 1, as it should be).

When I turn TC off, the value is 0.

But every other player returns 2.

Is this the correct behaviour?

Thanks!

On 8/25/2021 at 12:17 AM, ericgvmaia said:

Hello!

What is the formula to calculate the time gap (delta/interval) between cars on the race?

I wrote pretty long post on how to do that in a performant way. I think it was in the F1 2020 UDP Spec thread, but cannot find it anymore from this site, as it seems many posts on F1 2020 thread were removed. @Hoo any way to get the old posts recovered back to that thread?

In short, I divide the total race into small sectors (from 1m to 500m, which is user definable) and then store for each car the racetime the car enters the sector and then use this matrix (mini-sectors x cars) to get the time diff (to leader and/or to other cars).

Cheers

2 minutes ago, LonelyRacer said:

I wrote pretty long post on how to do that in a performant way. I think it was in the F1 2020 UDP Spec thread, but cannot find it anymore from this site, as it seems many posts on F1 2020 thread were removed. @Hoo any way to get the old posts recovered back to that thread?

they was 2 post about telemetry udp 2020. they delete the one where your post and keep the other one.

the URL of the post you are seaching was this one => https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/50942-f1-2020-udp-specification/

Edited by ThibaudPHP
link
3 hours ago, LonelyRacer said:

In short, I divide the total race into small sectors (from 1m to 500m, which is user definable) and then store for each car the racetime the car enters the sector and then use this matrix (mini-sectors x cars) to get the time diff (to leader and/or to other cars).

Cheers

Thanks for your reply. I couldn't find your other post either.

I ended up doing almost the same thing. Saving the racetime for each driver based on the totalDistance in a matrix.

Then comparing to the nearest distance found.

Working pretty well so far.

But still think they could provide this in the LapData (would be more accurate).

Cheers!

On 8/18/2021 at 1:22 AM, TMIllo said:

Hi,

Wondering if you can help. I'm trying to pull the driver name, specifically the Steam ID. In the telemetry sheet, it says either m_networkId or m_name[48] should be what I use to get this (I think?)

When I use networkID I get a number, which isn't helpful and when I use m_name I can only do it by Position [GameRawData.PlayerParticipantData.m_name01] and that only returns the letter P, despite no-one in our session starting with that letter.

Ideally, and I'd assume this is possible, like to pull the SteamID of the user and also be able to pull the steamID of everyone in the session. Can you help with what I'm doing wrong?

Me too ...

Data :

m_numPlayers: 2,
  m_lobbyPlayers: [
    {
      m_aiControlled: 1,
      m_teamId: 0,
      m_nationality: 10,
      m_name: 'Lewis HAMILTON',
      m_carNumber: 44,
      m_readyStatus: 0
    },
    {
      m_aiControlled: 0,
      m_teamId: 2,
      m_nationality: 63,
      m_name: 'Joueur',
      m_carNumber: 68,
      m_readyStatus: 0
    },

21 hours ago, Ramalokee said:

Hello,

The variable in structure LapData aren't reset :

m_sector1TimeInMs

m_sector2TimeInMs

m_lapDistance

Could you reset the variable at new lap, thank you.

revois ton code.

Et  pour les noms. utilise la fonction recherche dans les précédents topics de telemetrie 2016,2017,2018,2019,2020. tu verras les nombreux débats, solutions proposées pour se voir imposer des "non" de la part de codemaster

J'ai changé le code pour adapter avec F1 2021, changement de quelques conditions et c'est bon.

Par contre les noms j'avais trouvé une solution avec l'équipe / numéro. La solution du steam_id était bien, pour cela que j'ai changé la structure pour F1 2021... Dommage ....

Just now, Ramalokee said:

J'ai changé le code pour adapter avec F1 2021, changement de quelques conditions et c'est bon.

Par contre les noms j'avais trouvé une solution avec l'équipe / numéro. La solution du steam_id était bien, pour cela que j'ai changé la structure pour F1 2021... Dommage ....

continue avec équipe / numéro. 🙂

55 minutes ago, Ramalokee said:

C'est très chiant à gérer surtout quand il y a plusieurs ligues, bref déçu, mon HUD avec les noms autos n'est pas prêt de sortir ^^

je gère environs 70 ligues avec mon IGK TAS, et les pseudos ne sont pas un soucis

Demander ou faire en sorte que les pilotes indiquent leur numéro sans les changer en cours de saison / drapeau, ce n'est pas pour moi une solution. Surtout si un pilote "externe" remplace qui ne souhaite pas utiliser un drapeau précis. Une admin de ligue m'avait parlé de ton programme et il me semble que tu avais vue mon HUD.

Passer XX minutes pour configurer la session, ce n'est pas la solution à moyen terme. Il existe des solutions manuels, mais pas non plus viable sur le temps.

Un steam_id, il n'y a que ça qui permettrait de tout gérer, car le reste n'est pas viable en tant qu'utilisateur et liberté du joueur 😉

Ton logiciel est sympa.

Edited by Ramalokee