Jump to content Jump to content

I need help from you other dev to make a test and check if you have the same behavior.

When a racer broke his car during the race, the m_resultStatus on packet 2 is a 7. when some racer started to pass the finish line, at a moment all this guy who crash, the telemetry send me an update and the m_resultStatus became a 4. Do you have the same behavior ?

@hoo if it's true, why don't send a 4 directly for those who broke their car  ?!

Another question:

In the CarDamageData, the m_rearWingDamage is ALWAYS zero! The only car that has the rear wing damage registered is the USER car.

It is always zero for every other player.

Also happening with m_floorDamage, m_diffuserDamage, m_sidepodDamage.

And yes, their telemetry is public.

m_frontLeftWingDamage and m_frontRightWingDamage are being registered correctly.

Anybody else noticed it?

Thanks!

• Agree 1
2 hours ago, ericgvmaia said:

Another question:

In the CarDamageData, the m_rearWingDamage is ALWAYS zero! The only car that has the rear wing damage registered is the USER car.

It is always zero for every other player.

Also happening with m_floorDamage, m_diffuserDamage, m_sidepodDamage.

And yes, their telemetry is public.

m_frontLeftWingDamage and m_frontRightWingDamage are being registered correctly.

Anybody else noticed it?

Thanks!

I noticed that and make some tests on unranked lobby. the car must have big "hit" to obtain damage on sidepod and diffuser. for rear and floor, i didnt create damage. if the two others was working, my code was good

On 9/1/2021 at 6:19 PM, Ramalokee said:

Me too ...

Data :

m_numPlayers: 2,
  m_lobbyPlayers: [
    {
      m_aiControlled: 1,
      m_teamId: 0,
      m_nationality: 10,
      m_name: 'Lewis HAMILTON',
      m_carNumber: 44,
      m_readyStatus: 0
    },
    {
      m_aiControlled: 0,
      m_teamId: 2,
      m_nationality: 63,
      m_name: 'Joueur',
      m_carNumber: 68,
      m_readyStatus: 0
    },

Sorry, are you saying you can or can't get it to output the name?

11 hours ago, ThibaudPHP said:

I noticed that and make some tests on unranked lobby. the car must have big "hit" to obtain damage on sidepod and diffuser. for rear and floor, i didnt create damage. if the two others was working, my code was good

I tested on unranked lobby. Only player car has the rear wing damage registered.

Other cars that reported damage on the rear wing from the MFD did not register on the CarDamageData.

29 minutes ago, ericgvmaia said:

I tested on unranked lobby. Only player car has the rear wing damage registered.

Other cars that reported damage on the rear wing from the MFD did not register on the CarDamageData.

if people don't have their telemetry public, the data stay to 0. Me i am working on lobby where i force people to put their telemetry public

Hi - the pitch telemetry data at Eau Rouge/Radillion at SPA is inversed/incorrect. When going up the hill the telemetry data is negative and it should be positive. I've attached a word document which shows the telemetry data from F1 2021 vs Iracing at Eau Rouge. This makes the game unplayable on motion platforms. Having the platform pitch significantly down when it should be up and the screen is showing the car go up causes motion sickness. I have noticed the same inverse relationship after the first turn at Monaco going up the hill. Would assume this happens at other tracks as well but haven't raced others yet. 

F1 Eau Rouge Telemetry Data.docx

Hi Guys,

I am trying to create a simple tyre slip/slip angle dashboard and I have a question regarding the car motion packet value range/value interpretation:

- what is the value range, and how to interpret the wheelslip values? 

- and good suggestion on how to calculate the slip angle? I guess the yaw value is the direction of the car, but how can I calculate the direction of the movement?

Thanks a lot!

Hello there,

unfortunately, I always get lap times with 10 digits and more, that would mean days
What did I miss? So far I haven't found anything on the Internet where someone has a similar problem

I hope someone can help me 😄

image.thumb.png.44d872d23a296d46488b0393f503b82f.png
Edit: Screenshot

Edited by Hosenloser
6 hours ago, Hosenloser said:

Hello there,

unfortunately, I always get lap times with 10 digits and more, that would mean days
What did I miss? So far I haven't found anything on the Internet where someone has a similar problem

I hope someone can help me 😄

image.thumb.png.44d872d23a296d46488b0393f503b82f.png
Edit: Screenshot

You should verify your packet structure, if you are out by even 1 byte or out of order you can end up with values like that. Also look at how your decoding the data, if your reading it straight into a struct then you need to remove any struct padding as well from memory.

On 9/1/2021 at 2:29 PM, ThibaudPHP said:

continue avec équipe / numéro. 🙂

you can use networkID for quick identify... for a problematic drivers... (race number - nationatlity - team ->repeat), you can fix a driver with networkID for all sessions in the same lobby.

5 hours ago, Hosenloser said:

thanks for the hint, I'll check it out!

I'm using the npm package from racehub.io (https://github.com/racehub-io/f1-telemetry-client)

i just want to pull out the race results and then load them into our league management system
don't want any real time telemetry data and I haven't found anything like that

hey... what telemetry you use? 2020 or 2021?

12 hours ago, Hosenloser said:

thanks for the hint, I'll check it out!

I'm using the npm package from racehub.io (https://github.com/racehub-io/f1-telemetry-client)

i just want to pull out the race results and then load them into our league management system
don't want any real time telemetry data and I haven't found anything like that

Ok, so I have now tested the prime-goose package explicitly for 2021 and am getting the same error (and some more :D)

https://github.com/PrimeGoose/f1-2021-udp

20 hours ago, Hosenloser said:

getting the same error (and some more :D)

m_bestLapTimeInMS 
// fixed
// what other errors have you found?
// I had no time to develop and test my own work. 
// thank you for reporting

// you can try the beta package, maybe fixes something, had no time to test, I only applied a theoretical fix to everything.

Edited by PrimeGoose
  • Thanks 1
6 hours ago, PrimeGoose said:
m_bestLapTimeInMS 
// fixed
// what other errors have you found?
// I had no time to develop and test my own work. 
// thank you for reporting

// you can try the beta package, maybe fixes something, had no time to test, I only applied a theoretical fix to everything.

For Human Drivers in MP I always get n_name: "Player"
I also just created a new issue in github for that.
Or are the wrong data already coming from Codemaster?

On 7/8/2021 at 2:38 PM, BarryBL said:

Still Open

• Session History info from previous session is sent following a restart
  • Refresh rate requires "hz" suffix
  • Some values not updating on the correct frame when crossing lap boundary
  • No way of linking player data using m_name => This is an old request. We are working with our legal teams to find a way of providing this functionality in the future

from page1

3 minutes ago, PrimeGoose said:

from page1

people don't read. it's been 3 years all new guys don't read. just they ask this. it's almost one by months...

When it's not the player name, it's the delta.

I will suggest that if the keyword "player" and "delta" are used on this topic by a new guys, the message will not send and his acccount will be banned 😄

• Disagree 1
1 minute ago, ThibaudPHP said:

I will suggest that if the keyword "player" and "delta" are used on this topic by a new guys, the message will not send and his acccount will be banned 😄

That's certainly one way to build a welcoming and inclusive community 😉 Lets not get sidetracked too much with who asks what, when and why. If nothing else, the frequency and the amount of developers asking for exactly those two datapoints is a very good indicator for Codemasters how they can improve the APIs they provide.

1 hour ago, ThibaudPHP said:

people don't read. it's been 3 years all new guys don't read. just they ask this. it's almost one by months...

When it's not the player name, it's the delta.

I have read it, but the thread is from July 8th and the document has unfortunately no version history where you can see what status or from what time it is. Therefore, I assumed that the document is newer than the post in which the field "in the future" promises.

So then I suggest that people like you just keep scrolling and put the comment anywhere else where the sun never shines

And thanks @cgfdoo, thats exactly why i also post here and not only on Github 😉

Edited by Hosenloser
On 9/2/2021 at 4:38 PM, ThibaudPHP said:

if people don't have their telemetry public, the data stay to 0. Me i am working on lobby where i force people to put their telemetry public

We also force all drivers on our league to have public telemetry, and we can verify that.
That is not the issue.

The damage data from the front wings are registering correctly, but REAR WING are not.
It's not a matter of restricted or public telemetry.
There is definetely something wrong.

Did anyone here manage to receive the rear wing damage from all cars correctly?

• Agree 1
  • Codemasters Staff
10 hours ago, GambaDoCerrado said:

@Hoo I have a bug for you... warnings didnt work in multiplayer lobby (lapdata packet).  I did some tests and found that: turn cut warnings work but the collisions warnings dont work.  4 warnings?

Hi @GambaDoCerrado - please could you confirm what the rules and penalty settings were set to in the multiplayer session? Thanks.