Jump to content Jump to content

6 hours ago, Hoo said:

Hi @GambaDoCerrado - please could you confirm what the rules and penalty settings were set to in the multiplayer session? Thanks.

Hi @Hoo, i did more test... in Gran Prix... same result... Rules and Flags->ON, Corner cutting->Regular. I will do more tests in different configs. ->>> I did the same test in Gran prix -> Rules and Flags->ON, Corner cutting->Strict ->>> In game information: 5 warnings(!!!!)- 4 colisions warnings; 1 cut warning. No penalties. ; UDP telemetry information: 1 warning; 0 penalties.  --->> In game information: 2 sec penalties; 7 warnings - 4 colisions warnings; 3 cut warnings(penalty); UDP telemetry information: 3 warnings; 2 sec penalties.

Edited by GambaDoCerrado
  • Codemasters Staff
On 9/3/2021 at 5:41 PM, andrewb16 said:

Hi - the pitch telemetry data at Eau Rouge/Radillion at SPA is inversed/incorrect. When going up the hill the telemetry data is negative and it should be positive. I've attached a word document which shows the telemetry data from F1 2021 vs Iracing at Eau Rouge. This makes the game unplayable on motion platforms. Having the platform pitch significantly down when it should be up and the screen is showing the car go up causes motion sickness. I have noticed the same inverse relationship after the first turn at Monaco going up the hill. Would assume this happens at other tracks as well but haven't raced others yet. 

F1 Eau Rouge Telemetry Data.docx 168.47 kB · 8 downloads

Hi @andrewb16 - we've used pitch in this format for a long time. The expectation is that any motion platform device using this data understands the orientation that we are using. Given that many other apps may be relying on it being the current way round, we don't want to change this around at this stage. 

On 9/13/2021 at 11:20 AM, GambaDoCerrado said:

Hi @Hoo, i did more test... in Gran Prix... same result... Rules and Flags->ON, Corner cutting->Regular. I will do more tests in different configs. ->>> I did the same test in Gran prix -> Rules and Flags->ON, Corner cutting->Strict ->>> In game information: 5 warnings(!!!!)- 4 colisions warnings; 1 cut warning. No penalties. ; UDP telemetry information: 1 warning; 0 penalties.  --->> In game information: 2 sec penalties; 7 warnings - 4 colisions warnings; 3 cut warnings(penalty); UDP telemetry information: 3 warnings; 2 sec penalties.

Some news @Hoo? Can someone confirm this bug?

• Codemasters Staff
13 hours ago, GambaDoCerrado said:

Some news @Hoo? Can someone confirm this bug?

Our test team have confirmed that this is a bug. It has been sent to our dev team for investigation.

• Codemasters Staff

On the issue of vehicle damage, we do carry over some damage parameters from older F1 titles that are no longer supported in the latest game. However, some damage values that should be supported are not being replicated in the UDP data. This one has been sent to the dev team for further investigation.

• Thanks 1

Hello, 

There are some wrong TeamId in F2 in the appendix and when chosing your own F1 car. 

Uni Virtuosi '20 has id 80, in the appendix it says 75

Hitech '20 has id 75, in the specification 80

Mp Motorsport '20 has id 77, in the appendix it says 76

Prema '20 has id 78, in the appendis it says 77

BWT '20 has id 76, in the appendix it says 79

Trident '20 has id 79, in the appendix it says 78. 

Also, in time trial, when you chose your personnalised F1 car, the m_myTeam boolean stays on 0 insead of 1, and TeamID is 104, which refers to nothing and is not mentionned in the appendix. 

Hope this help,

Best Regards

Wolfgang

On 9/16/2021 at 9:35 PM, Hosenloser said:

is it possible to get the Driver of the Day via UDP ?
nothing found here or in the Data sheet

since nobody has an answer to this question... here comes the next:
Is it possible to use the transmitted udp data to infer the driver rating?

Is there a way to map the final classification data back to a driver ID? I'd like to ingest this to automatically drive stats tracking across a league but can't figure out a clean way to identify the appropriate driver outside of something like fastest lap.

6 hours ago, meloncamp said:

Is there a way to map the final classification data back to a driver ID? I'd like to ingest this to automatically drive stats tracking across a league but can't figure out a clean way to identify the appropriate driver outside of something like fastest lap.

The packets are indexed by vehicle index so m_classificationData[i] = m_participants[i]

• Thanks 1

Feature request, cc @Hoo: Would it be possible to expose a session's game mode? I.e. my_team / driver_career / time_trial / breaking_point / grand_prix / championship / multiplayer_social / multiplayer_ranked / multiplayer_league / others. 

Besides knowing the game mode itself, this would also help to identify if a car has real-world performance or is an upgraded car. As an example, car performance in my_team or driver_career is different from real-world / non-career car performance. It would be very helpful to know if the car's performance is comparable across sessions (normal / real-world car), or not (like an upgraded career mode car).

I know that we already have a participant flag for MyTeam, but that doesn't help with differentiating e.g. Driver Career vs single Grand Prix cars. 

If anyone is aware of other workarounds to get this data, I'd appreciate any feedback!

Thanks in advance for considering this! 

• Agree 1

Does anyone else have issues with the Final Classification packet in multiplayer social sessions (unranked lobbies)? It looks like I'm not receiving the packet after quali or race sessions in multiplayer social play. All other game modes work fine. I couldn't find any obvious issues in our code. Anyone else have the same problem?

Edited by sim913
Clarified game mode
11 hours ago, sim913 said:

Does anyone else have issues with the Final Classification packet in multiplayer social sessions (unranked lobbies)? It looks like I'm not receiving the packet after quali or race sessions in multiplayer social play. All other game modes work fine. I couldn't find any obvious issues in our code. Anyone else have the same problem?

I also have this problem. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

And another problem is that i'm not receiving the LapHistory packets in some multiplayer sessions.

Any news on fixing these bugs?

• Agree 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/2/2021 at 6:31 AM, ericgvmaia said:

Another question:

In the CarDamageData, the m_rearWingDamage is ALWAYS zero! The only car that has the rear wing damage registered is the USER car.

It is always zero for every other player.

Also happening with m_floorDamage, m_diffuserDamage, m_sidepodDamage.

And yes, their telemetry is public.

m_frontLeftWingDamage and m_frontRightWingDamage are being registered correctly.

Anybody else noticed it?

Thanks!

I was just reading the topic to find someone with this issue. YES, this is a problem, and i'm really happy to know that it is already under investigation by codemasters. 😄

I also want to point out another "issue". I was saving my FinalClassification data with the packet's header sessionUID. This worked fine at the time, but at some point it stopped working. Seems that in one of the released patches they changed the sessionUID of the FinalClassification data from the correct one (sessionUID of the related session), to 0.

I already fixed this in my application, but i think it would be great to have the correct sessionUID info in that packet to better link the data to the related session.

One last thing is related to the brake balance info. As i experienced this value seems to have an inchoerent value and never updates even if the player changes its balance during the race. I will do more tests but atm this is what i observed.

On 9/2/2021 at 6:31 AM, ericgvmaia said:

Another question:

In the CarDamageData, the m_rearWingDamage is ALWAYS zero! The only car that has the rear wing damage registered is the USER car.

It is always zero for every other player.

Also happening with m_floorDamage, m_diffuserDamage, m_sidepodDamage.

And yes, their telemetry is public.

m_frontLeftWingDamage and m_frontRightWingDamage are being registered correctly.

Anybody else noticed it?

Thanks!

@Hoo the dev are on this ? i am multiple customer who ask me why he doesnt work. One month ago (2september) i did test and confirm what Eric said.

Best regards

• Codemasters Staff
38 minutes ago, ThibaudPHP said:

@Hoo the dev are on this ? i am multiple customer who ask me why he doesnt work. One month ago (2september) i did test and confirm what Eric said.

Best regards

Hi @ThibaudPHP - we have logged this issue for the dev team. It looks like we are not correctly replicating this data in a multiplayer game. 

• Agree 1

I had a doubt about "PlayerCarIndex" in the header - what do you mean by

Index of player's car in the array

Does this refer to the byte array? Or does this refer to the index out of 20 cars?

7 hours ago, AND2797 said:

I had a doubt about "PlayerCarIndex" in the header - what do you mean by

Index of player's car in the array

Does this refer to the byte array? Or does this refer to the index out of 20 cars?

index out the 22 cars

On 10/7/2021 at 5:13 PM, Hoo said:

Hi @ThibaudPHP - we have logged this issue for the dev team. It looks like we are not correctly replicating this data in a multiplayer game. 

So @Hoo i am not sure if the bug have been fix on the new today patch. generally on patch note there are sentence about udp telemetry, but today, nothing. If you can inform us it will be cool

• Codemasters Staff

Hi @ThibaudPHP - today's patch includes a fix to the broadcasting option on the Xbox. We've got a bug logged about the wing damage replication, but there is no further information about when this might get looked at unfortunately. 

• Agree 1