Jump to content Jump to content

Car number changing after year 1

ferrari16

Hi, so when I start playing the driver career mode in F1 2020, I was able to start my career with the card number that I chose when I was creating my character which was the number 13. After completing the season one with Ferrari, I started the next season, and when they did the car reveal the number on the car was 1 not 13. So, somewhere along the line in between season one and season two my car number got changed. Does anyone know why this happened and is there any way to fix it?

Hi, so when I start playing the driver career mode in F1 2020, I was able to start my career with the card number that I chose when I was creating my character which was the number 13. After completing the season one with Ferrari, I started the next season, and when they did the car reveal the number on the car was 1 not 13. So, somewhere along the line in between season one and season two my car number got changed. Does anyone know why this happened and is there any way to fix it?

15 minutes ago, ferrari16 said:

I take it you won the championship and you accepted to have your car displaying 1 because you won it

• Social Media & Community Team

Yup, go into the profile of the character you created and select your driver number again.

When you do this, decline the option to take the #1 if you're Champion.

There's real-life parallels here:

• Lewis Hamilton doesn't take the #1 after he wins a title as he prefers #44 (except for the odd photoshoot)
  • Sebastian Vettel always took the #1 after winning the title
  • Nico Rosberg.... we'll never know 😄 

10 hours ago, Nightfire1964 said:

I take it you won the championship and you accepted to have your car displaying 1 because you won it

Yeah I won the Championship and probably did that without realizing it. Can that be changing after year two?

Archived