Jump to content Jump to content

Pit Pass and Store Items.

Hey@BarryBL,

With all of the stuff that we bought for the 2020 game, will all of that transfer to the new game or will it start over from scratch?  It makes no difference to me.  I love the shop stuff regardless.  Keep up the good work.

Thanks!

• Like 1
  • Administrator
2 minutes ago, rb240tuner said:

Hey@BarryBL,

With all of the stuff that we bought for the 2020 game, will all of that transfer to the new game or will it start over from scratch?  It makes no difference to me.  I love the shop stuff regardless.  Keep up the good work.

Thanks!

Hi @rb240tuner.

2021 will be a reset, and you will start from scratch.

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Hub31 said:

Does that go for pit coins to ??? 

Nothing carries over from 2020 to 2021 sadly. Anything purchased in 2020 will have to be repurchased in 2021. I don’t personally feel that’s fair to the consumer which is why I’ve refused to pay for additional content in 2020.

• Agree 3
2 hours ago, BarryB said:

It’s a different game, why should bought items from another game be carried over?

I do have some sympathy if we're talking about the exact same helmet design or livery etc. and it was paid for with real money, it is industry standard to start from scratch but I do think this could be looked at for yearly releases like this, and again only if it's the same design. You're not gaining an advantage as in a FUT or MUT style system it's really just aesthetic. 

It's certainly not the biggest issue in the game or wider industry but I can see why it annoys some. 

Edited by KNT2011
  • Agree 1
7 hours ago, BarryB said:

It’s a different game, why should bought items from another game be carried over?

My take is, well because it’s annual cycle. Games like Dota 2, overwatch, Rocket League. Rainbow6 Siege, Asseto Corsa, etc, last YEARS. Buying cosmetics in those games last forever but in F1 series they have a 365 day shelf life and have to be repurchased.

It is a shame to have a year of modifying certain things and then just losing them.  Makes sense though but hopefully there’ll be new things in comparison to last year. 
If it is basically the same thing then it’ll be irritating if there’s nothing you like until Podium Pass 5 as the game is almost over. 

I’d like a compromise of being able to carry over your one most utilised helmet design, gloves, livery. Just to start off with. 

On 7/10/2021 at 1:45 AM, BarryB said:

It was just an honest question.  Regardless, I will spend money on the pit pass stuff.  I was hoping that the items carried over that’s all.

On 7/10/2021 at 8:18 PM, SmokyAtom07 said:

I’d like a compromise of being able to carry over your one most utilised helmet design, gloves, livery. Just to start off with. 

Brilliant idea, i d love to keep at least a few of all the car liveries I bought last year. Half a dozen, say, wouldnt hurt anyone given the annual price of the game.

The podium pass series itself seems to give out less of what we would consider "good" prizes this year as well.   Many blank spaces rewarding you nothing.  Many sponsor logos, gloves, emblems, emots and such, not alot of liveries and helmets in this first series.  But the daily/weekly "store" seems to have a nice rotation of car liveries thus far because you know, those have to be "paid" for with pitcoins and those are the things players want most. 

I wish they'd give us more realistic car liveries, not these cartoonish, outlandish things that you'd never see on a race track.  Yeah, I'm looking at you too here Williams/Dorilton.  😄

• Agree 1
On 7/10/2021 at 2:42 PM, MisterJes said:

My take is, well because it’s annual cycle. Games like Dota 2, overwatch, Rocket League. Rainbow6 Siege, Asseto Corsa, etc, last YEARS. Buying cosmetics in those games last forever but in F1 series they have a 365 day shelf life and have to be repurchased.

Well, no, you could keep playing F1 2020 for likely many years if you really wanted to.

Most games have items to be 'earned' through play, and there can of course be a sense of achievement for doing so. Maybe if you principally adopt this approach to getting new liveries etc rather than specifically paying for them then perhaps it won't feel so bad not being able to transfer things between games?

Actually - what was the amount of pitcoins on podium pass versus the amount you would earn back, playing through it in F1 2020? Was that also 9.000 vs 7.500 so they kept that as was, or was this changed in a way? 

And yes I agree a lot of the "rewards" hardly seems worth it, looking trough all the VIP items didnt really speed up my motivation to spend my coins on those. In general, I am not a fan of the in game currency, bought with IRL money in an annual full price title anyway. Add the "new" EA pricing, and it just does not feel right any more. Maybe it was different if I could buy the Turkey GP track for 10k coins, or some original liveries that I could paint myself new - but I cant get either of those. Stickers? Silly dancing drivers on a podium? Nah, comeon...

13 minutes ago, Schneehase said:

Actually - what was the amount of pitcoins on podium pass versus the amount you would earn back, playing through it in F1 2020? Was that also 9.000 vs 7.500 so they kept that as was, or was this changed in a way? 

It cost 9,000 but you could earn 10,000, which meant that if you'd bought access once in principle you never had to buy any additional Pitcoins.

43 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

It cost 9,000 but you could earn 10,000, which meant that if you'd bought access once in principle you never had to buy any additional Pitcoins.

So, they significantly lowered that now to 7.500, yes? Another step into a direction that I cant fathom to like or recommend...

3 hours ago, Schneehase said:

So, they significantly lowered that now to 7.500, yes? Another step into a direction that I cant fathom to like or recommend...

If you're telling me it is now 7500, yes. And if the cost of a Podium Pass VIP Access is 9000 then, unlike last season, the pre-order Pitcoins with the standard edition of the game won't cover this. (I was expecting this would probably be the case.)

I've got the game now and have just checked the Pitcoin situation discussed above and actually it's exactly the same as F1 2020: 9000 PC to buy VIP access for a season and a total of 10,000 PC can be earned if rank 29 is reached.

Possibly where the confusion came from is that the info. in the Purchase VIP screen says you can earn 7,500 Pitcoins? This is in addition to the 2,500 that a non-VIP player can earn (for reaching rank 13), making 10,000 PC in total.