F1 2021 Forum Championship - Season One

Links
Steam Chat: https://s.team/chat/co1WjXTI
Standings: https://cmfc.3110.xyz/

Next race
Australian GP 08/10/2021

• Administrator

Forum Championship Season 1 - Return for F1 2021

Hi everyone, and welcome back to F1 2021 and the Forum Championship.  The calendar will be below, starting 23/07/2021 and 4pm UK Time:

1.  Great Britain
  2.  Canada
  3.  Monaco
  4.  Belgium
  5.  Brazil
  6.  Hungary
  7.  Japan
  8.  Austria
  9.  France
  10.  Australia

We will also have Joker races, that will be TBA at this time.

We’ve also added a few extra prizes to spice up the Championship, with an End of Season awards ‘ceremony’ after the Abu Dhabi. Awards and prizes will be voted on by players in the Championship, with deciding votes coming down to the Moderator Team:

1.          Drivers Champions
  2.          Constructors Champions
  3.          Most Improved Driver
  4.          Community Spirit Award – A driver who always races in the right spirit, fights hard and clean and is a credit to the league.

All winners will also receive a ‘Forum Championship Season X Winner’ tag on their profile on the forums as well a Pitcoin reward

Everyone who competes in over 75% of the races will receive a ‘Forum Championship Season X Challenger’ tag in their forum signature.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Administrator

Remember to sign up below. Current sign ups are:

Mercedes - @Retentive and @KulishS

Ferrari - @UP100 and @steviejay69

Red Bull - @saukisu and @kidzu

McLaren - @BarryBL and @haitch40

Alpha Tauri - @Bonedog225 and @NUKE05

Alpine - @massa88 and @Johnny2101

Aston Martin -  @LSKone and @Commilitio

Williams - @xandosh and @Pirier

Alfa Romeo - @Schneehase and  @EpiclySlowCars

Haas - @BiberMike and @kimirai991

Reserve List:

@pro3

@Malykhin

@Rhinoku

• Like 8
  • BarryBL changed the title to F1® 2021 | Forum Championship | Season 1

Can I be put down as a reserve. It's unlikely that I'll be able to make all races so I don't want to take up a space in a team and not turn up a lot. I can just jump in when I can if there is space. Do enjoy racing with you guys.

• Like 1
  • BarryBL changed the title to F1® 2021 | PC Forum Championship | Season 1

I will buy the game likely this weekend and would love to drive an Alfa Romeo... How do I sign up (I am new to F1 online play and Codemasters Forums (I am very good at racing games though))? I will try to make it for most of the races if I get in.

• Administrator
Just now, EpiclySlowCars said:

I will buy the game likely this weekend and would love to drive an Alfa Romeo... How do I sign up (I am new to F1 online play and Codemasters Forums (I am very good at racing games though))? I will try to make it for most of the races if I get in.

You're in @EpiclySlowCars

13 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

1 space remaining by the looks of it. We'll be starting the season on Friday. Remember to join the Steam Chat

I cant join the steam chat if I click on the link I get a Error message 😞 image.thumb.png.fc961b3b4fc4fdb7847c8be28c138510.png

I suppose this in on PC / steam, since there is no crossplay feature yet, right? If I read this correctly, you have the first race this Friday 5pm (I am in GMT+1 zone) and an open Alfa Romeo seat, still? You can count me in for that one, in case you want a full lineup and do not expect a simracing pro here 🙂 See my youtube channel for what to expect.

Will the shedule always be fridays, always same time, weekly? Or TBA? Are we racing without assists / 50% races / harsh track limits / simulation damage or else? Will everyone drive his own setup? Sorry if there was any resource for this info, then i did not manage to come across it.

As an option, I could stream my cockpit view live into youtube, if everybody would like me to. If not, I could perfectly do without streaming and my own embarassment 😛 as well, I might even be a bit less nervous then 😄 

12 minutes ago, Schneehase said:

I suppose this in on PC / steam, since there is no crossplay feature yet, right? If I read this correctly, you have the first race this Friday 5pm (I am in GMT+1 zone) and an open Alfa Romeo seat, still? You can count me in for that one, in case you want a full lineup and do not expect a simracing pro here 🙂 See my youtube channel for what to expect.

Will the shedule always be fridays, always same time, weekly? Or TBA? Are we racing without assists / 50% races / harsh track limits / simulation damage or else? Will everyone drive his own setup? Sorry if there was any resource for this info, then i did not manage to come across it.

As an option, I could stream my cockpit view live into youtube, if everybody would like me to. If not, I could perfectly do without streaming and my own embarassment 😛 as well, I might even be a bit less nervous then 😄 

Hey, 

first of all yes this is pc, there is a link at the top for the steam chat for further info/chat and notification when the lobby opens.

The races are always the same time "fridays 4pm bst/bt" so it's your time, mine is 5 pm then.😄 Assists and setups are free to use them all, 50% races (if different it will be announced), strict corner cutting. As of for the damage i'm not sure what the admin and moderator team (barry/up100...) have chosen, in 2020 we had full damage but no sim damage, as there is players of all skill lvl.

You don't have to stream/record, but you can if you want. i record all my drving and upload it later on youtube as my wifi won't last with playing and streaming😅

3 hours ago, kimirai991 said:

Assists and setups are free to use

I d vote for the challenge and go without assists and with simdamage then 😛 so people have to be more cautious during the opening laps - anyhow, i will drive without aids and we will see. If i get a confirmation from @BarryBL that I am in this season, that is.

Hey guys, welcome all.
Just to be clear here, as kimirai already said, we have drivers from all skill levels. We allow all assists aside from the pit entry which was usually off, but no big deal really.
We intended those races to be a fun time on Friday afternoons, so we value clean and fair driving above all else.

So yeah, welcome again to all new people and have fun!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Administrator
1 hour ago, LSKone said:

Hey guys, welcome all.
Just to be clear here, as kimirai already said, we have drivers from all skill levels. We allow all assists aside from the pit entry which was usually off, but no big deal really.
We intended those races to be a fun time on Friday afternoons, so we value clean and fair driving above all else.

So yeah, welcome again to all new people and have fun!

Absolute truth. 

• Thanks 1

Uhm, I had to rofl about myself... i will share why, here goes:

While I am not yet listed in the rooster for the forum championships, I figured why not practice a little bit, still, since i do not have any decent setups for F1 2021 yet.

Steam linked me the hotlap of BarryBL in Britain in his McLaren, so I took an Alfa Romeo (like i would in the league) and gave it a go. Did some laps, hmmm, far off Barries time. New setup. Still more than 2.5 seconds off. Hmmm, cant be. Tried his setup, undriveable for me, as he is using assists. But how can he go so fast? Made another setup from scratch, still 2 seconds off. Ok, set him as ghost. He is kinda pulling away everywhere. Checking my aero setup, doesnt differ that much, still i am altering it. Same result. I fiddeled on with various setups for another half hour, then I gave up - man this would be hard on Friday with that forum league...

Few minutes later my boy enters the room asking what I was doing. Told him. He insisted we drive an episode of breaking point, so we did. I switched back to time trial and he asks what i am doing, so i tell him the story above. He says: "but daddy, McLaren is just faster than your Alfa!". Somewhere deep in my brain that triggered a switch... It took me a few moments and then I found it - there is a line / setting on the car selection screen above the cars, which is set to "realistic car performance" in time trial BY DEFAULT. Omg... changed that to equal performance. Retry. First lap, 2 seconds faster. Kinda a small relief...

Was that switch really there in the F1 2020 game as well? If it was, it did not jump on me during a few hundred hours of play.

Well, you learn something new every day. Gotta listen more to the kid, when I have trouble with gaming I guess. Someone starts to get old... 🤣😄😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1