F1 2021 Forum Championship - Season One

Links
Steam Chat: https://s.team/chat/co1WjXTI
Standings: https://cmfc.3110.xyz/

Next race
Australian GP 08/10/2021

17 hours ago, Schneehase said:

Uhm, I had to rofl about myself... i will share why, here goes:

While I am not yet listed in the rooster for the forum championships, I figured why not practice a little bit, still, since i do not have any decent setups for F1 2021 yet.

Steam linked me the hotlap of BarryBL in Britain in his McLaren, so I took an Alfa Romeo (like i would in the league) and gave it a go. Did some laps, hmmm, far off Barries time. New setup. Still more than 2.5 seconds off. Hmmm, cant be. Tried his setup, undriveable for me, as he is using assists. But how can he go so fast? Made another setup from scratch, still 2 seconds off. Ok, set him as ghost. He is kinda pulling away everywhere. Checking my aero setup, doesnt differ that much, still i am altering it. Same result. I fiddeled on with various setups for another half hour, then I gave up - man this would be hard on Friday with that forum league...

Few minutes later my boy enters the room asking what I was doing. Told him. He insisted we drive an episode of breaking point, so we did. I switched back to time trial and he asks what i am doing, so i tell him the story above. He says: "but daddy, McLaren is just faster than your Alfa!". Somewhere deep in my brain that triggered a switch... It took me a few moments and then I found it - there is a line / setting on the car selection screen above the cars, which is set to "realistic car performance" in time trial BY DEFAULT. Omg... changed that to equal performance. Retry. First lap, 2 seconds faster. Kinda a small relief...

Was that switch really there in the F1 2020 game as well? If it was, it did not jump on me during a few hundred hours of play.

Well, you learn something new every day. Gotta listen more to the kid, when I have trouble with gaming I guess. Someone starts to get old... 🤣😄😂

just to answer your question shortly, yes codies implemented that feature during the 2020 game cicle. it wasn't there from the beginning, but at the end. this kind of "wave" symbol behind your car signalizes it's on or not.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, kimirai991 said:

@BarryBLyou gonna add me to haas for the season? will try and do a schumacher ride then 😄

Of course. Apologies bud, done and done

Fun 1st 2021 PC forum championship race:

I drove without assists, as usual. Unfortunately, I had a mishap during qualifying, way before I had a chance to deliver a decent laptime. Very first forum championship participation for me, so during the race I mainly tried to stay out of trouble - hence my rather defensive start and final lap. Somehow I preferred not to throw it all away in the very 1st race of a long season. Bit unfortunate to miss a point by half a second, or what it was.

You can check out the live stream of my cockpit view on my youtube channel. It was quite an exciting race with more than one safety car, here is the link - enjoy:

Edited by Schneehase
cut the video for more convenience...
  • Like 2
  • Administrator
58 minutes ago, Bicarda said:

Was there a commentary/spectator stream? 

I wonder if you guys had the same issues as us or different ones. 

There was not @Bicarda on this occasion. I am looking into a commentator/spectator option for the league, as the racing is pretty good. Just its towards the bottom of my 'to-do' list at this moment.

46 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

I am looking into a commentator/spectator option for the league, as the racing is pretty good

That would be so awesome - must say, I really enjoyed the race and I am glad to have signed up. Must see that I can be a tad more competitive in Canada though, lets see 😄 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Bicarda said:

I would be able to do it for the forseeable future. 
I have a friend @Jontti who would be willing to do it with me as well (i always think 2 works better)

So let us know if you want us to do it

We'll discuss in private @Bicarda

As we have a lot of stakeholders and are, in some aspects, a Codemasters and EA official league (mostly because of my involvement), so there are different criteria we need compared to any other league on the game.

I will participate in and record the next race with commentary. Then afterwards... if I have time, I will use the full race replay to create a full commentary video with onboards and tv cameras. (I cannot promise this because it will be time consuming).

31 minutes ago, EpiclySlowCars said:

Also... when is the next race?

It would be nice if we had a shedule, maybe in the opening post where the races are listed? Probably the player who took part in the previous forum challenges know from expierience, but for everyone else it would be nice to know in advance when we will race next. If it was this Friday for the next race, well its Wednesday today and would be good to know by now.

• Administrator

Its 95% weekly, and will always be on a Friday at 4pm UK Time. Only times it wont happen are if there is a bank holiday that affects a number of players or I'm off on annual leave (and tbh, that doesn't have to stop it really)

On 7/29/2021 at 11:57 AM, BarryBL said:

Its 95% weekly,

Then I will be online today between 5 and 5.30 my time (thats 4 pm your time) as i learned during the previous race that qualifying will no start before 4.30 your time, i hope that is somewhat correct. Looking forward, and I will again try and stream my cockpit view live on youtube. Gogo Team Alfa / Sauber 🙂

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

So here is my cockpit view for race #2, Canada. Drove without assists as i tend to do.

Bit of a mixed bag race for me, i got hit from behind lap 1 while i slowed down for the incident ahead, not sure if it was my teammate 😄 who hit me, then I had not the best decisions with the safety cars, oh well. Setup was ok-ish, but a few laps before the end i got squeezed to the wall after the hairpin. The car did not show damage, but there sure was some, since i lost a lot of laptime during the final laps. Overall, great race with a bit too many incidents to my taste 😛 

• Like 2

Somehow I survived that carnage at the start, managed to slot into P1. It was looking positive at that time, but further on the race I completely lost grounds. I had pace just like in last race but being faster not always mean you finish up higher.

Lastly I apologies for taking out @LSKone at T1. 

Edited by KulishS