If you're looking for information, check out the page 1 of this thread
F1 2021 Forum Championship - Season One

Links
Steam Chat: https://s.team/chat/co1WjXTI
Standings: https://cmfc.3110.xyz/

Next race
Australian GP 08/10/2021

12 hours ago, Malykhin said:

Hello. I want to clarify - can I start in the next Grand Prix (Belgium) and for which team?

Hey. I've added you to the list of reserves officially as we don't have free spots open according to the roster (see page 1) 🙂 

Just check on the chat when the lobby is starting up and ask if there are any free spots. We'll then instruct you from that point onwards

The points you score will be given to the team you've driven for in that race (and to you, obviously :p)

• Like 1
10 hours ago, UP100 said:

Hey. I've added you to the list of reserves officially as we don't have free spots open according to the roster (see page 1) 🙂 

Just check on the chat when the lobby is starting up and ask if there are any free spots. We'll then instruct you from that point onwards

The points you score will be given to the team you've driven for in that race (and to you, obviously :p)

Thanks. Understood

Reporting back from a (rather short, nightmarish) holiday trip, big thanks to the Alfa Romeo reserve drivers, who scored valuable points for the team! Also, thanks to everyone who has put information / videos about the Monte Carlo GP online, appreciated.

I suppose next race this Friday, or will there by any changes to the shedule that are already known?

• Like 1

Interesting race, unfortunately my live stream failed and I recorded sound only, no video, no clue why sorry. 

A few laps before the end rain set in and sigh, I was not among those who made it to the finish line. Shame since I was penalty free up to that point. Ah well it can be harsh no assists in the wet, but that is that. Congratulations to all who finished the race! Looking forward to the next race.

• Like 1

The pole time was 1.40.7 if I recall correctly? I wonder how you guys pull that off. I worked really hard on the setup for this race, I know the basics of driving (suppose) but I have not the slightest idea where you could find over 2.5 seconds more (uhm, less that is).  @Retentive care to share your setup so I have a chance to learn where you may have found so much time? Cant fathom different ways to drive about this track, i m over the track limits too often already. Feels like my car would lack the 2nd turbo you guys have 😄 

52 minutes ago, Schneehase said:

@UP100 so according to steam chat, did we now postpone todays forum championships Brazil GP due to @BarryBL being unavailable, or do we have a fun race instead, or do we still race the GP or what will happen? Gotta plan my afternoon somehow, thanks!

Moved the proper race to next week. Hopefully we'll get a fun race going at the normal time! 🙂 

• Thanks 1
On 8/14/2021 at 12:33 AM, Schneehase said:

The pole time was 1.40.7 if I recall correctly? I wonder how you guys pull that off. I worked really hard on the setup for this race, I know the basics of driving (suppose) but I have not the slightest idea where you could find over 2.5 seconds more (uhm, less that is).  @Retentive care to share your setup so I have a chance to learn where you may have found so much time? Cant fathom different ways to drive about this track, i m over the track limits too often already. Feels like my car would lack the 2nd turbo you guys have 😄 

add me on steam so you can see setups in tt

So, GP2 "fun" race without prior notice 🤣, never driven them F2 cars in a multiplayer race, no setups available either, see here all the fail resulting from it in this broadcast. As a sidenote, these cars are a pain to drive, as they do not shift back when you press the lever, but when they think the rpm is correct to downshift. Basically, you will overshoot every braking zone due to that. Fun...

Sorry for everyone who had to find a way around my spinning car 🥵

Edited by Schneehase
  • Like 1
On 8/20/2021 at 12:54 PM, Schneehase said:

So, GP2 "fun" race without prior notice 🤣, never driven them F2 cars in a multiplayer race, no setups available either, see here all the fail resulting from it in this broadcast. As a sidenote, these cars are a pain to drive, as they do not shift back when you press the lever, but when they think the rpm is correct to downshift. Basically, you will overshoot every braking zone due to that. Fun...

Sorry for everyone who had to find a way around my spinning car 🥵

Just saw the start of the sprint race... so it was internet issues... I will have that fixed on my end for tomorrow's race!

• Like 1

Curious about the lobby settings for our forum championship races:

Is there a way for us drivers, once e.g. qualifying has started, to check the settings like if we are set to equal performance and stuff like that? Somehow I recall in previous iterations of the game, you would get this shown at the bottom of the lobby in multiplayer, but somehow in F1 2021 you dont get to see that info at all - or is that only me?

Was an interesting qualifying and race, bit too many safety cars for my taste, I always end up on the wrong (used) tyre set or stumble into something like "no no we do not change damaged front wings during pitstops by default any more" 😄 

@Schneehase I honestly don't know. I can only say that the new UX in the game is not that good. You have to go through so many menus to for example configure a single race. It's pretty bad compared to what you can do in other games, or even F1 2020.
Usually it's always equal cars. That is for sure. All Assists are allowed too, aside from pit limiter. Quali is always 18 minutes and Race is always 50%. Weather is dynamic.

Also, please, I was involved in some very unnecessary incidents in the last couple races. I watched some replays and just found them to be utterly avoidable. The amount of me having to take avoidable action in the past couple races has been unusually high so once again I would like to ask you guys to just drive with a little bit more respect for your opponents.
Personally. I'd rather take the (penalty) hit than to retire a car. I'd also like to say that I'm not mad at anyone or anything in particular.