Information
If you're looking for information, check out the page 1 of this thread
F1 2021 Forum Championship - Season One

Links
Steam Chat: https://s.team/chat/co1WjXTI
Standings: https://cmfc.3110.xyz/

Next race
Australian GP 08/10/2021

Hello. I understand and agree that for a intentional collision, I should be removed from the league. But I want to finally explain the reasons for my intentional collision. I believe that Singapore Lizard is a pilot that has no respect for rivals. Singapore Lizard routinely allows off-piste trips and “dangerous re-entry” (for which a fine is required). The Singapore Lizard broke three races for me in this league - Hungary and two races in Portugal. No protest can be made here and there are no judges. So I became a judge and crashed into Singapore Lizard (after it ruined my third race). Below are some examples of "how to fight" from the Singapore Lizard.

Hungary:

Portugal (1 race):

foto

5b7464ecdaf0.jpg

b1cc904ad131.jpg

e95d96808dbe.jpg

Portugal (2 race):

foto

3caf559a7c25.jpg

dd8ce27d47de.jpg

final video 

With the likes of Singapore Lizard and Steve Jackson (two clashes in Belgium), I'm afraid to be around on the same track.

Sorry for my bad English (and google translation)).

Thanks for your support and friendliness - BarryBL. Thanks to all pilots (except two) and good luck on the track.

Goodbye

• Thanks 2
1 hour ago, Malykhin said:

No protest can be made here and there are no judges.

This is not true. While we always try to avoid these kind of decisions, you could have told us about this problem. And I am fairly certain that we would have found a solution.

7 hours ago, LSKone said:

Here's another Video from last week's race. There sure is more testing required to back this up, but I can say it's not the first time that a V/SC seems to be triggering a desync like that. 

Interesting, must be the same thing that happened at the nonchampionship Italy f2 race when I crashed out of the lead because I was desyced on Nuke's screen.

I do admit that my driving was possibly a little too aggressive during the Portugal race. I will try to race as fair as possible for Austria. Sorry if i have been a desynced driving hazard in the past... I have learned quite a lot since my first race and I am confident that I can drive competitively and cleanly from now on. 

On 9/10/2021 at 11:53 PM, Schneehase said:

You are welcome.

Concerning restarting the race, any way you try to handle this you will hurt someone who has not deserved it. If @xandosh would not have passed me under safety car (which also should never be possible to happen without a penalty, and / or the game reordering the cars) I would have been right behind you and maybe then I would have been the one taken out by this issue. Then again, I qualified in 6th, and I was in 5th under the safety car, so it would feel a bit harsh to be left with nothing, only because I gained 1 spot from this issue. And the same counts for the other survivors, I suppose. But - as I wrote in the steam chat already, I am not important, I am no championship contender, and I do not want to spoil things for the cracks driving here. These guys are awesome drivers and I already learned a lot from them this season. Thanks for that 👍

About quitting the season depressed:

I doubt devs will want to hear the following, but it might be an option to restart the season, once the game reaches a state where we can expect to have races without issues like this. That might be more fair than just repeating or cancelling this very race, and besides, these desyncs could / will happen again during the next race(s) or re-runs. Bottom line, the best solution would be to have a hotfix preventing issues like that from happening, and start over.

And besides, man you cant just walk away from this. Never give up, never give in. The IRL drivers we all adore cant walk away either.

I think there was another desync because i saw you out of track as i passed you. You see that in the vid, where i suddenly port next to you.

On 9/20/2021 at 2:59 PM, Malykhin said:

Hello. I understand and agree that for a intentional collision, I should be removed from the league. But I want to finally explain the reasons for my intentional collision. I believe that Singapore Lizard is a pilot that has no respect for rivals. Singapore Lizard routinely allows off-piste trips and “dangerous re-entry” (for which a fine is required). The Singapore Lizard broke three races for me in this league - Hungary and two races in Portugal. No protest can be made here and there are no judges. So I became a judge and crashed into Singapore Lizard (after it ruined my third race). Below are some examples of "how to fight" from the Singapore Lizard.

Hungary:

Portugal (1 race):

foto

5b7464ecdaf0.jpg

b1cc904ad131.jpg

e95d96808dbe.jpg

Portugal (2 race):

foto

3caf559a7c25.jpg

dd8ce27d47de.jpg

final video 

With the likes of Singapore Lizard and Steve Jackson (two clashes in Belgium), I'm afraid to be around on the same track.

Thanks for your support and friendliness - BarryBL. Thanks to all pilots (except two) and good luck on the track.

Goodbye

I understand your frustration, but deliberately crashing is not a solution. I had a similar experience in a rF2 league where one driver crashes into me 4 times, and I would lie if I never thought of taking revenge, but I knew it would be uncool and I would be no better than the other . You should have talked to Lizard.  But I think we are all grateful for your honesty. 

• Agree 1

Any chance the points table for Japan and for the F2 joker race will be updated before the race in austria tomorrow? I tend to look at the standings before each race as a source of information who are the closest rivals both in the team and drivers championships, as well as who has how much to loose. Its simply valid additional information you need in order to "behave" correctly on track, or to learn where you have to attack the most. I am almost sure I am not the only one who would like to see an up to date points table. Other than that, sure there s other more important things in all our lives. Thanks in advance.

• Like 1
On 9/20/2021 at 1:59 PM, Malykhin said:

Hungary:

Portugal (1 race):

foto

5b7464ecdaf0.jpg

b1cc904ad131.jpg

e95d96808dbe.jpg

Portugal (2 race):

foto

3caf559a7c25.jpg

dd8ce27d47de.jpg

final video 

Goodbye

What? This would be the stupid move you tried at Les Coombes on Lap 13 when you didn't win the corner, I left you room. I tried the same move to retake on the brakes and outbraked myself, kind of proving unless you have the overspeed then it's not a passing place. Both times we both ended up in the gravel. 

I'm not happy with the incidents from either PoV, but I'll race anyone. If you think I should just roll over, you should try a different game. But I don't think either incident helped anyone, in a post race reflective view.

The standings of our championship have not been updated like 3 events back meanwhile?

I dont want to sound too demanding, but if you choose the path not running this as a league in game, but as single events using steam invites, at least the results and standings should be available anywhere, and if it was in steam chat announcements, or here at the forums. Why not include the standings into the first or 2nd posting of this thead? Updating a table with 10x point results would take how long immediately after each race, 3 minutes, or maybe 5 minutes?

Shall I volunteer for doing that, for races that I manage to attend? If it helps...

On 9/25/2021 at 3:02 PM, Schneehase said:

I dont want to sound too demanding, but if you choose the path not running this as a league in game, but as single events using steam invites, at least the results and standings should be available anywhere, and if it was in steam chat announcements, or here at the forums. Why not include the standings into the first or 2nd posting of this thead? Updating a table with 10x point results would take how long immediately after each race, 3 minutes, or maybe 5 minutes?

The past few races have been rather unusual to say the least. We have differing point systems for three races that were only officially decided weeks after the races were finished. To add in on that, the data I have is sometimes incomplete, meaning that I have to either accept that I'm losing data, or I may have to try and hunt down the missing data. Then there's also the whole thing of not wanting to continue in the league at the current format thing...

The reason we moved to the automatic standings system is because having an excel file for the standings was as much effort, and equally as slow, as the site. The old standings weren't even sorted by the amount of points! It was just drivers in the order they had appeared in.

It's fair to want to see the standings as quick as possible in certain situations, but I don't think it's too much to ask for the driver to just do some math if the need for instant standings is required. In normal situations, the standings were often updated the same evening the race occured on, which I don't see as a too big of a delay in entering the statistics

The site is still far away from what I'd like it to be, and I've continued to work on it behind the scenes. In fact, the current https://cmfc.3110.xyz site is considered legacy, which is why it hasn't received any updates aside from polestat: ignore and dnf_points: true properties, which were added with the today's standings update. Though, with the current uncertainties about the league's future, the project is currently on hold, and I'm focusing on my studies instead for the most part

I apologize for any inconvienience with the usage of the standings service, but I do want to note that there is nothing forcing you to use this completely free service maintained and financed by a student with no income

• Thanks 1
13 minutes ago, UP100 said:

I apologize for any inconvienience with the usage of the standings service

Thank you so much for updating the last 4 events, @UP100 its great being able to look at all the results in one place - and yes I think we all noticed, that there was a lot going on behind the scenes lately. If I can assist you in any way with the standings service, please let me know. I am also sure that other participants would be willing to lend a hand if needed.

7 hours ago, Schneehase said:

Thank you so much for updating the last 4 events, @UP100 its great being able to look at all the results in one place - and yes I think we all noticed, that there was a lot going on behind the scenes lately. If I can assist you in any way with the standings service, please let me know. I am also sure that other participants would be willing to lend a hand if needed.

Thank you for the offer, but in terms of cmfc.3110.xyz, there isn't too much to help with. Most of the time I just throw the data into the same xml file that has now bloated in size and then just updated the file on the server

For the actual server programming, I don't think anyone could help me with that unless someone is eager to learn a new programming language and a new language 😛 

7 hours ago, BarryBL said:

@Schneehase disappeared from the timings screens.

I saved the whole replay of my drive, in game, not as a video. Would that also be helpful, then maybe I could stream that to online or sumsuch?

Did not feel on my side as if there was any connection problems, but appearently you never know / notice. Looking at my in game replay, the game shows weird timings between the cars throughout the race: In a way that it shows +11 laps between cars, which are in fact close on the circuit. I can dig a few screens out later and post them here.

Maybe it would be possible you guys integrate a little connection check program for multiplayer, similar to the connection quality bars shown now. In a way that people learn their own connection is bad, or whos connection in mp was bad, so that adequate measures (e.g. kick the correct player) could be taken. Just a thought...

Edited by Schneehase
  • Agree 1
20 hours ago, BarryBL said:

@Blackbird do you have the original bit of video. I'm interested in minute 28:00 to 30:00 as @Schneehase disappeared from the timings screens.

This is what was captured by GeForce Experience thing and uploaded to YT as is or do you mean the original video, like the video file? Once it uploaded and processed to HD I delete it, but I'm not sure I did it yet. Need to check.