Steam Chat: https://s.team/chat/co1WjXTI
Standings: https://cmfc.3110.xyz/

Next race
Australian GP 08/10/2021

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

Is Australia going ahead today (or should I just look in Steam chat)? 😆

Yes, will be going on as planned.

Frist off, thanks everyone for organizing and for participating in the forum championships. It was a great experience to be part of this series during season 1 / 2021 and I never thought it would be that much fun. Also, i found it very motivating and so I practiced a lot, including setup work, and it certainly made me a better driver here and there. Though as a freshman / 1st timer here, I still do have a lot to learn.

2nd, big GZ to our champions driving for the Aston Martin team, well deserved, its simply amazing what laptimes you guys can pull off. If I am not mistaken, Kimirai took the drivers championship, and I could not think of anyone who would derserve the title more. Congratulations!

That said - I did have an awful (in the sense of awful) lot of fun in todays race. So @BarryBL here is my race replay video, on one hand for the Australian stewards to speak justice, on the other hand as a proof of the desyncs or whatever was going on. Here is a "small" list of the issues that I encountered (sorry for the wall of text lol):

1. Lap #1 @1.20 mins - turn 3 after the start, driving a defensive inner line, my teammate Theepiclyslowcars braking (too) late (you be the judge) and turning me around. As a sidenote, it seems that Papa Pirie also suffered from this incident, more about that later. Unfortunately the game decided that I should receive underbody and winglet damage from this incident - game over, basically
  2. Lap #2 @4.10 mins - note I am having a hard time to keep the car on the road. It took me some time and more than one runoff to get familiar with the effect of the floor damage, lateron this got a bit better
  3. Lap #3 @4.50 mins - had a little moment due to the same issue. I had to take it very slow, from here on. Recovery was also slow, no space for a u-turn there...
  4. Lap #3 @5.40 mins - Theepiclyslowcars crashing one corner in front of me, I could avoid the wreckage, but Massa 88 behind me could not and that was DNF for both of them, and another SC for all of us
  5. Lap #7 @11.50 mins - Having a bad exit after safety car restart turn 1/2 chicane, guest driver Steve Jackson was a lot quicker than me into turn 3. However, he was very harshly cutting to the inside / towards the apex, leaving me with nowhere to go. I saw it coming and was defensive, it was his corner after all, so I just could avoid another spin
  6. Lap #7 @12.40 - Still more off the track then on it, whenever I try to put in decent laptimes, just avoiding 3 runoffs in a row until the finish line that lap
  7. Lap #8 @13.25 - Running in 10th place, suddenly some desync or similar happened, and the game put me up and more up the order, until I was ranked 1st, though I was not on track. I also could notice this on the leaderboard during the race, unsure if anyone else could
  8. Lap #9 @14.55 - The game seems to realize about the desync, slowly putting me down the order again, until I was ranked again where I belonged
  9. Lap #12 @20.55 - Steve Jackson causing another SC with his DNF, time for new tyres and a new nose cone, into the pits in 7th place
  10. Lap #14 @24.35 - catching safety car queue, Reghinald is making up a lot of time coming closer from behind. He ever so slightly touched the rear end of my car before the penultimate corner. I dont think I caused this, or that I could have avoided it. As a result, the game gave me a 5 sec penalty (doh!), no clue if he got one as well. The contact can hardly be seen in the replay @24.48 mins
  11. Lap #15 @25.20 - Reghinald was a lot faster, I was aware this was for position, but suddenly a blue flag signal popped up and so I moved over. In fact, that was blue flags for a car in front of us, Papa Pirie, but I did not quite realize by then
  12. Lap #15 @25.55 - Papa Pirie receiving blue flags just in front of me for several corners, not showing any signs to get off the racing line
  13. Lap #15 @26.15 - Showing myself clearly in Papa Piries mirrors under braking, he is still not making room
  14. Lap #15 @26.30 - Fortunately, he is pitting now so I finally get rid of him
  15. Lap #18 @30.45 - catching up to Nuke, who lost his front wing, probably in an encounter with BarryBL who was pitting end of the very same lap
  16. Lap #21 @34.30 - Singapore Lizard suffering a DNF, so there was another safety car just laps before the finish - time for a new set of soft tyres. Not sure this was a wise move, as I could have finished on the medium tyres as well. Note that during the pitstop i served my 5 secs penalty which i got earlier due to the collision with Reghinald touching the back of my car. BarryBL made up a spot during our pitstops that way
  17. Lap #23 @38.45 - Not in a bad position, queued behind the SC, 8th spot but penalty free, and on fresh soft tyres. I thought I could go for it one more time
  18. Lap #24 @39.35 - Papa Pirie, one lap down, decides to let all the cars behind him pass end of the main straight, but just before turn 1 he decides that my car was the only one not deserving to keep up with the pack...
  19. Lap #24 - Just after that I had to run through the gravel to avoid him, and I did need about a lap to catch up again
  20. Lap #25 @42.50 - Bonedog having a moment, and we are passing him
  21. Lap #26 @42.30 - Papa Pirie is being shown blue flags, and once more does not give me any opportunity to pass
  22. Lap #26 @43.15 - Papa Pirie has seen blue flags all the lap, basically
  23. Lap #26 @43.45 - Papa Pirie going wide in the penultimate corner under blue flags, still he decides its not necessary to give me any space for a pass
  24. Lap #27 @44.00 - Going into corner #1, under blue flags, I brake very late beside Papa Pirie to finally pass the backmarker, but he is still closing the door turn #1, i am backing off not risking my race 2 laps before finish
  25. Lap #27 @44.40 - Xandosh suffers DNF and we both pass him
  26. Lap #27 @45.05 - I caught up to Papa Pirie again, again he gets blue flags, same result as before
  27. Lap #28 @45.55 - I am going wide, my own fault, probably i lost concentration due to all the blue flags...
  28. Lap #28 - unfortunately my car spins when reentering the track. Looks a bit weird. As a result, I made the most beautiful u-turn that I ever recorded 😄 @46.05 but in that very moment I realized, that Bondedog would catch up quickly now
  29. Lap #28 @46.55 - I got nervous, obviously, and went wide just before the final corner. Now it counts!
  30. Lap #29 - Bonedog is flying. Luckily I did make it over the finish line just before him. 6th place. Phew, what an eventful race. I just wonder what would have been possible with a few issues less.

Here is the footage, sorry for the bad quality (you can watch in 4k though), since I did not find any time editing / cutting this clip yet, it is provided "as is". Enjoy!

@BarryBL respectively at the stewards: I sincerely hope drivers who disrespect blue flags this way multiple times during a race will get what they deserve. Thanks.

Edit: Please note (!) that this video is an uncut replay save of the whole Australia race from my perspective, and naturally (concerning the timestamps given) I can only describe the events from that very perspective. This is not meant to be rude or anything. I talked this over with the host of the event, and I was asked to provide a video for investigation, so here it is. I am not anyone's judge, make of it what you will. Maybe its useful to document the desyncs, or to fix those for the future, I would be glad if it was.

Edited by Schneehase
  • Confused 1
16 hours ago, Schneehase said:

Frist off, thanks everyone for organizing and for participating in the forum championships. It was a great experience to be part of this series during season 1 / 2021 and I never thought it would be that much fun. Also, i found it very motivating and so I practiced a lot, including setup work, and it certainly made me a better driver here and there. Though as a freshman / 1st timer here, I still do have a lot to learn.

2nd, big GZ to our champions driving for the Aston Martin team, well deserved, its simply amazing what laptimes you guys can pull off. If I am not mistaken, Kimirai took the drivers championship, and I could not think of anyone who would derserve the title more. Congratulations!

That said - I did have an awful (in the sense of awful) lot of fun in todays race. So @BarryBL here is my race replay video, on one hand for the Australian stewards to speak justice, on the other hand as a proof of the desyncs or whatever was going on. Here is a "small" list of the issues that I encountered:

1. Lap #1 @1.20 mins - turn 3 after the start, driving a defensive inner line, my teammate Theepiclyslowcars braking (too) late (you be the judge) and turning me around. As a sidenote, it seems that Papa Pirie also suffered from this incident, more about that later. Unfortunately the game decided that I should receive underbody and winglet damage from this incident - game over, basically
  2. Lap #2 @4.10 mins - note I am having a hard time to keep the car on the road. It took me some time and more than one runoff to get familiar with the effect of the floor damage, lateron this got a bit better
  3. Lap #3 @4.50 mins - had a little moment due to the same issue. I had to take it very slow, from here on. Recovery was also slow, no space for a u-turn there...
  4. Lap #3 @5.40 mins - Theepiclyslowcars crashing one corner in front of me, I could avoid the wreckage, but Massa 88 behind me could not and that was DNF for both of them, and another SC for all of us
  5. Lap #7 @11.50 mins - Having a bad exit after safety car restart turn 1/2 chicane, guest driver Steve Jackson was a lot quicker than me into turn 3. However, he was very harshly cutting to the inside / towards the apex, leaving me with nowhere to go. I saw it coming and was defensive, it was his corner after all, so I just could avoid another spin
  6. Lap #7 @12.40 - Still more off the track then on it, whenever I try to put in decent laptimes, just avoiding 3 runoffs in a row until the finish line that lap
  7. Lap #8 @13.25 - Running in 10th place, suddenly some desync or similar happened, and the game put me up and more up the order, until I was ranked 1st, though I was not on track. I also could notice this on the leaderboard during the race, unsure if anyone else could
  8. Lap #9 @14.55 - The game seems to realize about the desync, slowly putting me down the order again, until I was ranked again where I belonged
  9. Lap #12 @20.55 - Steve Jackson causing another SC with his DNF, time for new tyres and a new nose cone, into the pits in 7th place
  10. Lap #14 @24.35 - catching safety car queue, Reghinald is making up a lot of time coming closer from behind. He ever so slightly touched the rear end of my car before the penultimate corner. I dont think I caused this, or that I could have avoided it. As a result, the game gave me a 5 sec penalty (doh!), no clue if he got one as well. The contact can hardly be seen in the replay @24.48 mins
  11. Lap #15 @25.20 - Reghinald was a lot faster, I was aware this was for position, but suddenly a blue flag signal popped up and so I moved over. In fact, that was blue flags for a car in front of us, Papa Pirie, but I did not quite realize by then
  12. Lap #15 @25.55 - Papa Pirie receiving blue flags just in front of me for several corners, not showing any signs to get off the racing line
  13. Lap #15 @26.15 - Showing myself clearly in Papa Piries mirrors under braking, he is still not making room
  15. Lap #18 @30.45 - catching up to Nuke, who lost his front wing, probably in an encounter with BarryBL who was pitting end of the very same lap
  16. Lap #21 @34.30 - Singapore Lizard suffering a DNF, so there was another safety car just laps before the finish - time for a new set of soft tyres. Not sure this was a wise move, as I could have finished on the medium tyres as well. Note that during the pitstop i served my 5 secs penalty which i got earlier due to the collision with Reghinald touching the back of my car. BarryBL made up a spot during our pitstops that way
  17. Lap #23 @38.45 - Not in a bad position, queued behind the SC, 8th spot but penalty free, and on fresh soft tyres. I thought I could go for it one more time
  18. Lap #24 @39.35 - Papa Pirie, one lap down, decides to let all the cars behind him pass end of the main straight, but just before turn 1 he decides that my car was the only one not deserving to keep up with the pack...
  19. Lap #24 - Just after that I had to run through the gravel to avoid him, and I did need about a lap to catch up again
  21. Lap #26 @42.30 - Papa Pirie is being shown blue flags, and once more does not give me any opportunity to pass
  23. Lap #26 @43.45 - Papa Pirie going wide in the penultimate corner under blue flags, still he decides its not necessary to give me any space for a pass
  24. Lap #27 @44.00 - Going into corner #1, under blue flags, I brake very late beside Papa Pirie to finally pass the backmarker, but he is still closing the door turn #1, i am backing off not risking my race 2 laps before finish
  26. Lap #27 @45.05 - I caught up to Papa Pirie again, again he gets blue flags, same result as before
  27. Lap #28 @45.55 - I am going wide, my own fault, probably i lost concentration due to all the blue flags...
  28. Lap #28 - unfortunately my car spins when reentering the track. Looks a bit weird. As a result, I made the most beautiful u-turn that I ever recorded 😄 @46.05 but in that very moment I realized, that Bondedog would catch up quickly now
  29. Lap #28 @46.55 - I got nervous, obviously, and went wide just before the final corner. Now it counts!
  30. Lap #29 - Bonedog is flying. Luckily I did make it over the finish line just before him. 6th place. Phew, what an eventful race. I just wonder what would have been possible with a few issues less.

@BarryBL respectively at the stewards: I sincerely hope drivers who disrespect blue flags this way multiple times during a race will get what they deserve. Thanks.

Here is the footage, sorry for the bad quality, since I did not find any time editing / cutting this yet, it is provided "as is". Enjoy!

So first of all, calm down and don't be disrespectful ok!? We all had our issues regarding connectivity, desyncs and so on. Like I told you in my PM we were desynced. I let you pass like 2 laps before the finish (which is not shown here), i had a BOT driving as Schneeshase with a red X which was significantly slower than me. otherwise no similarities with your footage, i also was getting blueflags yea, but i never got a penalty for that, so i couldn't even drive a full lape under blue flags like you said. So keep calm and be happy that you finished the race and got some points instead of beeing rude, espcially in your comments you put on the timestamps!

On 10/8/2021 at 3:09 PM, Schneehase said:

That said - I did have an awful (in the sense of awful) lot of fun in todays race. So @BarryBL here is my race replay video, on one hand for the Australian stewards to speak justice, on the other hand as a proof of the desyncs or whatever was going on. Here is a "small" list of the issues that I encountered (sorry for the wall of text lol😞

Here is the footage, sorry for the bad quality (you can watch in 4k though), since I did not find any time editing / cutting this clip yet, it is provided "as is". Enjoy!

Edit: Please note (!) that this video is an uncut replay save of the whole Australia race from my perspective, and naturally (concerning the timestamps given) I can only describe the events from that very perspective. This is not meant to be rude or anything. I talked this over with the host of the event, and I was asked to provide a video for investigation, so here it is. I am not anyone's judge, make of it what you will. Maybe its useful to document the desyncs, or to fix those for the future, I would be glad if it was.

(1.) I admit that I misjudged the corner and didn't break early enough to avoid contact. (I tried explaining and apologizing in the Steam chat already). I should have been more patient and waited for a better opportunity to overtake (which very (VERY) likely wouldn't have happened (I thought It was my only chance to not finish in last)). I did not see your car until I passed the two Mclarens... (possible desync again, except that I can't prove it because I did not record my game play). I also waited till you got going again before continuing because I felt so bad about the incident. (Sorry @Pirier for holding you up... I did not realize that you were stuck behind me until after @Schneehase recovered (that is why I slowed down so you could pass me)). I realize that I am to blame for this (partially because I am so used to dive-bombing AI on the opening lap of my career races...) and I will do my best to learn how to fight fairly without crashing in the opening lap before next season.

(4.) Sorry @Massa88 for taking you out, obviously there is no way that I could have prevented that crash (other than not trying to tell my pit crew to adjust my front wing a bit when the controls for the in-race setup menu are not mapped properly...). I thought that I had just gotten front wing damage when I understeered into the wall, but the game decided that a light tap on the rear left tire should reward me with it instantly combusting... 😕.

Thanks everyone for a great season (for three races at least)! I will practice every circuit at extreme AI with medium traction control and save a setup that fits my driving style well for every track (and learn how to race properly without crashing when battling other human players) before next season so that I am not a backmarker destructive moving hazard...

• Thanks 1

@EpiclySlowCars I very much appreciate you post, thank you.

Since you intend to continue in the series, I would suggest you focus on 2 improvements, either will probably let you improve a lot more than you think - at least they worked well for me, and since we both were freshmen starting this series, they might be useful for you as well (other than that, I am certainly not the one who should give advice here):

1. Fix your internet connection. Get rid of the wireless adapter if you are using one. Connect your PC with a LAN cable to your router. Do not livestream your drive, but make a video and load it up later. Take @BarryBL s advice concerning internet ports and such. Please do this, no matter how good you think your internet works in other situations. With F1 2021 it does not seem to work very well (on my screen you are always shown with the minimum connection rate possible = 1 red bar) and it is my understanding that in a league or multiplayer race this affects ALL participants, since all our PCs then connect to each other (instead of a dedicated server somewhere, that we all would connect to like in similar games). I would bet at least half of the issues you have or cause are related to connection issues - imagine all of these were gone, how much better would your results be?
  2. Change your mindset at race start more than your driving style. Why? You write "my only chance not to finish last". No, it is not. A mindset that works would be, that you are going to avoid all obstacles which will occur in such a race. We have 1-3 safety cars per race due to incidents, right? If you are not involved in any, that alone brings you up a few places. Besides, if you want to learn, if you want to compare your race pace with others, you have to finish more races, you need more track time. Throwing it away during lap one is not helpful for all of this. Yes we all try to get the best start possible, but even if you made up 2-3 spots in that very corner, dont you think over 29 laps the faster drivers would have regained it anyway?

I wish you a solid season 2 without connection issues and some more finishes 🙂 and a teammate fast enough so you cant catch him in lap one 😛 

Due to my pace deficit during this past season, it is always very hard to stay with the pack after lap 1 (which is what happened in Austria). In Austria, I thought that I threw away a chance of points when I was cautious on the opening lap. That is what made me more aggressive for the last two races. Once I improve by next season, I will be more confident over a long stint which will allow me to be more cautious on the opening lap. The aggressiveness worked in Portugal where I got big points in both races because of my perfect first lap agression and extreme defensive maneuvers afterwards, however, I was struggling in Australia because I couldn't get my setup right and I ended up with extreme oversteer. I knew that I was going to struggle the whole race even if I never hit anything...

Also, I use wired connection for my internet and I have not streamed my races since Brazil qualifying. I have been doing everything I can to prevent internet issues. 

Additionally, there is no way of knowing what is going to happen in the race (for example, the France race had hardly anything happen).

2 hours ago, EpiclySlowCars said:

Due to my pace deficit during this past season, it is always very hard to stay with the pack after lap 1 (which is what happened in Austria). In Austria, I thought that I threw away a chance of points when I was cautious on the opening lap. That is what made me more aggressive for the last two races. Once I improve by next season, I will be more confident over a long stint which will allow me to be more cautious on the opening lap. The aggressiveness worked in Portugal where I got big points in both races because of my perfect first lap agression and extreme defensive maneuvers afterwards, however, I was struggling in Australia because I couldn't get my setup right and I ended up with extreme oversteer. I knew that I was going to struggle the whole race even if I never hit anything...

Also, I use wired connection for my internet and I have not streamed my races since Brazil qualifying. I have been doing everything I can to prevent internet issues. 

Additionally, there is no way of knowing what is going to happen in the race (for example, the France race had hardly anything happen).

Just one small thing, go into the standings and recap all races this season, so many people were dnf'ing so there is always a chance to get into the points, first be concistent and after that, the pace comes from alone 😉

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Administrator
On 11/6/2021 at 9:03 AM, Nauval Setyawan - kidzu said:

Hey @BarryBL

It's way too late to say this but unfortunately I have to withdraw from the championship due to timezone difference and work hours. Hope all goes well and really hoping I could make a comeback next season.

cheers

No worries @Nauval Setyawan - kidzu, all the best with work. Hope to see you on track in the future.