Jump to content Jump to content

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, CptBalloonhands said:

Just give us a % slider in increments of 5 to set our own percentages.

Well, I was hoping for sliders for Camera Settings so long.... and i mean something where you can absolutely define your seat position (not just the ****** -1 til +1 thing), where u can choose the right FOV with real values... and i'm not sure if this is coming in 2021 but tbh i don't think so which is really sad.... because for every sim racer, who loves immersion and realism the actual settings are just poor

So not sure if something like this will ever come 😄

Edit: and yes did the proposal multiple times in the last years (with explanation, with screenshots... well the new camera view is a good starting point)

Edited by Exodium
1 hour ago, CptBalloonhands said:

Just give us a % slider in increments of 5 to set our own percentages.

This is not what David Greco would like to hear when he training the AI for every track. 😁

• Agree 1
12 minutes ago, Pawel567 said:

@JacklimbHDI don't understand your statement at all.

Yeah my bad Pawel, wasn’t really to do with this particular suggestion, because 35% races should be implemented, it was to do with easy suggestions getting great feedback, but not being implemented regardless 😝

I agree that 50% and 100% might not cover everyones needs, especially so in game modes where you race a full season.

I dont care if it was 25/50/75/100 or maybe 33/66/100, but having an additional option where you can play with tyre tactics would be welcome. However, I understand that for any of these modes you would need some "artificial" handling of tyres / tyre wear etc, as is present already for the 50% races. So there might be a lot of dev effort involved for a rather "small" improvement, that does not really give a "new" feature. Thus, I d see it more as a quality of life thingie.

I'm all for including as many options in the game as possible but I do see it as a Cost/Time--->Effect issue.

Cost - cost of the development of getting people to calculate tyre wear, engine wear, failure rate, AI behaviour, weather patterns, track behaviour, etc. Could we be getting these developers looking at other aspects of the game that need improving?

Time - any change takes time to plan, implement and evaluate. Could it be better spent elsewhere? 

Effect - Is the time and money spent into achieving the new outcome worth the input that you utilised to achieve it. Having that across multiple race modes for something that alot of players may never use. It's possible it wouldn't be a high priority.

If they're twiddling their thumbs then there's no harm introducing more flexibility in play like this. I just think they'll focus efforts elsewhere in the interim. 

On 7/10/2021 at 11:33 PM, SmokyAtom07 said:

I'm all for including as many options in the game as possible but I do see it as a Cost/Time--->Effect issue.

Cost - cost of the development of getting people to calculate tyre wear, engine wear, failure rate, AI behaviour, weather patterns, track behaviour, etc. Could we be getting these developers looking at other aspects of the game that need improving?

Time - any change takes time to plan, implement and evaluate. Could it be better spent elsewhere? 

Effect - Is the time and money spent into achieving the new outcome worth the input that you utilised to achieve it. Having that across multiple race modes for something that alot of players may never use. It's possible it wouldn't be a high priority.

If they're twiddling their thumbs then there's no harm introducing more flexibility in play like this. I just think they'll focus efforts elsewhere in the interim. 

35% is already in the game, it's the build esports use. So that realistically isn't an issue outside of them making it available for all

3 minutes ago, TMIllo said:

35% is already in the game, it's the build esports use. So that realistically isn't an issue outside of them making it available for all

Never watched eSports as I have no interest in it at all so didn't know that.  Helpful to know, so thanks! 

That's certainly a headstart!   Still have to program an awful lot of AI behaviour but the functionality being there does cut a chunk of time out of the preparation. 

10 hours ago, TMIllo said:

Yes, it's true that 35% of the race is available for e-sports, but it's a pity that it's not made available to everyone.

• 3 weeks later...

I already requested it last year when I saw it in esports. They could have just patched it into the game withou issues. I´d really like to know why they won´t make such feature available to their paying customers. I mean the fact that they use 35% races for esports means that they know that this race length is reasonable and fitting for a good medium long race. It would still be a one stopper but offer a few more laps to have battles on track. I just know I´d use them and never go back to 25% since it´s to short or 50% since I don´t like the top 10 doing 2 stops and the bottom 10 doing 1 stop which is just a mess on quiet a few tracks.

Edited by Blackout210

I agree, but this was in the 'Suggestions' forum last year too. I don't think any of our suggestions actually get used. Things seem to be getting stripped out of the game rather than added now 

2 hours ago, TurkeySloth2107 said:

Does this year have the 5- and 10-lap options? Depending on the track, 10 laps gets close-ish to 20%.

5 laps are available from F1 2012 but 20% (approx. 8-16 laps) are not available from F1 2012.