Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

An update on the F1 2015 Patches

Afternoon all,

Below is an update on the current state of the F1 2015 patches.

Last week we released a new patch for the PC version fixing some issues with AI and unlocking the advanced wheel settings to all controllers. We are also still developing voice command support to be delivered in a later update. PC patches will be ongoing, particularly concerning issues with AI.  

The next Xbox One patch will see all of the console related fixes from the PC patches so far. We will be finalising the patch over the next couple of days, and then putting it into submission with Microsoft.  Apologies we cannot give you are more accurate release date currently, but it is just not possible.  

The next PS4 patch will also contain all the console related fixes from the most recent PC patch. We will finalise this patch after the Xbox One patch has gone into submission. When we know more we will give you an estimated release date.  

A full list of patch notes will be posted when they go live, thank you for your patience.

If you've got any questions feel free to post them below and we'll answer what we can.

Great to have some info as to what you guys are up to. 
One thing, this info doesn't include anything about the multiplayer hopper issues. I'm hoping this one problem that is at the top of the list to be fixed. 
Thanks again for the info. 

Yes, hopefully more PC patches very soon. I'm glad you guys aren't restricted in the same way you are on consoles and can release updates here basically as soon as you can. There are still issues plaguing the PC version, some of which persist despite being listed as fixed in previous patch notes. Really hope those are going to get sorted out soon. I want to start a 2014 season with Ricciardo but too many bugs! The AI pitting 10 times a race makes the game unplayable.

Lozzy thanks again for your work!

On ps4 you can put on the fastest lap that had disappeared from the last patch ps4? and review comment on the qualifications with ricciardo in pole position.

last thing: you can add the red flag in the game? would make it perfect!

Please, Please, Please... Fix Online bugs :(. All our online championship are stopped at the moment cause of bugs:
Online bugs:

- Fuel; (Quality & Free Practice 18min) Chose 5l fuel and when you go to track your car changes fuel to 60litres. And can´t change it. video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Bkfh52SJCc

- Tires: I change tires in qualifying but it doesn´t change. I can click on it but when i come back to box is the first pack of tires again. Then, when I go to race the pack of tires is the same as qualy, not new and it doesn´t let me change.

- Setup: Can´t load my setup in qualifying then I have to chose one of the machine. When I go to race I can change it if parc ferme is OFF but the car runs like the machine setup.

- Cutting corners: I thing that It has to be the same as TT. If you cut, time is failed. If not, if you see Monza, I can cut all the track with advertences and it doesn´t penalize my lap, Then I could go fast without penalization. Same as race.

- Lag: Sometimes is Horrible. I can´t see people in the mini-map and they are there. Or sometimes the point is there but not the real driver. Or somethimes someone goes 1st when the other goes in the same position...... etc...

- Cars: They are not equals. Someones run more than others.

An more bugs that we find every time we "try" to have a good time... Please... find a solution for than because this is making impossible to organize online competitions as we did with the other games.

Thanks.

Please, Please, Please... Fix Online bugs :(. All our online championship are stopped at the moment cause of bugs:
Online bugs:

- Fuel; (Quality & Free Practice 18min) Chose 5l fuel and when you go to track your car changes fuel to 60litres. And can´t change it. video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Bkfh52SJCc

- Tires: I change tires in qualifying but it doesn´t change. I can click on it but when i come back to box is the first pack of tires again. Then, when I go to race the pack of tires is the same as qualy, not new and it doesn´t let me change.

- Setup: Can´t load my setup in qualifying then I have to chose one of the machine. When I go to race I can change it if parc ferme is OFF but the car runs like the machine setup.

- Cutting corners: I thing that It has to be the same as TT. If you cut, time is failed. If not, if you see Monza, I can cut all the track with advertences and it doesn´t penalize my lap, Then I could go fast without penalization. Same as race.

- Lag: Sometimes is Horrible. I can´t see people in the mini-map and they are there. Or sometimes the point is there but not the real driver. Or somethimes someone goes 1st when the other goes in the same position...... etc...

- Cars: They are not equals. Someones run more than others.

An more bugs that we find every time we "try" to have a good time... Please... find a solution for than because this is making impossible to organize online competitions as we did with the other games.

Thanks.

Playstation 4

Need correction
invalidate lap when player cutting corners on qualify multiplayer session 
actually you can made the lap on grass and received an alert that you are cutting track
PS4

sorry for my english

And more, cars need to loose speed when running on grass, this doesnt happen.

@Lozzy thank you for the update on the patches, it's really useful to see that work is being done to get the game fixed for us. A weekly update (or more often where possible!) would be very welcome :)

I understand you can't keep up with all the questions from the community but I think all it needs is an update being posted to show we aren't being ignored.

Lozzy said:
The next Xbox One patch will see all of the console related fixes from the PC patches so far. We will be finalising the patch over the next couple of days, and then putting it into submission with Microsoft.
PS I'm sure someone on these forums (not a CM employee) said that a CM employee tweeted last week that the Xbox One patch was submitted. Wonder if this was just fictional gossip or whether the patch was rejected somehow...?

Glad to see some real information like this though :)

Morning all,

A few answers to questions below:

The fastest lap OSD will return with the next PS4 patch along with the fix to the results audio which I know a lot of people want to see.

Camera edit options - This was originally planned to be PC and cockpit for multi monitor support and extreme resolutions. However due to the reception these options have received hopefully there is a possibility of expanding this in the future.

Multiplayer work is ongoing for all platforms.

The next PC patch will include more AI fixes especially concerning pitting and pit strategy. We will also continue work on this after so please keep posting on the forums. We are reading all of the feedback we receive.

I will pass on the information about this issue you are seeing in run off areas.

Cheers

Lozzy said:
Morning all,

A few answers to questions below:

The fastest lap OSD will return with the next PS4 patch along with the fix to the results audio which I know a lot of people want to see.

Camera edit options - This was originally planned to be PC and cockpit for multi monitor support and extreme resolutions. However due to the reception these options have received hopefully there is a possibility of expanding this in the future.

Multiplayer work is ongoing for all platforms.

The next PC patch will include more AI fixes especially concerning pitting and pit strategy. We will also continue work on this after so please keep posting on the forums. We are reading all of the feedback we receive.

I will pass on the information about this issue you are seeing in run off areas.

Cheers

Appreciate posts like this Lozzy. Just another nudge to patch back in the practice sessions that were in quick race at launch, would complete the game for a number of us :)

Thanks

Lozzy said:
Morning all,

Cheers

Think the OP was saying that drivers no longer lose speed if they go off track as in previous versions and he was wanting it back.
You (CM) just got rid of the unnatural slow down if you go off track, this is a good thing especially the extra grabby tarmac at the second chicane in Monza. Better to race with drivers that follow the rules.

That being said the detrimental effects of running off track and getting grass or gravel of your tyres is less than in previous years and could use a tweak.

Lozzy said:
Morning all,

Cheers

Think the OP was saying that drivers no longer lose speed if they go off track as in previous versions and he was wanting it back.
You (CM) just got rid of the unnatural slow down if you go off track, this is a good thing especially the extra grabby tarmac at the second chicane in Monza. Better to race with drivers that follow the rules.

That being said the detrimental effects of running off track and getting grass or gravel of your tyres is less than in previous years and could use a tweak.

I disagree, I hated the artificial slow down when you went off track. A 5 sec time penalty for exceeding track limits would be better

Lozzy said:
Morning all,

Cheers

I disagree, I hated the artificial slow down when you went off track. A 5 sec time penalty for exceeding track limits would be better

Disagree with me or the original poster that said he wanted it back.

I said it is a good thing the artificial slowdown is gone.

I was also commenting that if you do go into the gravel you do not get a loss of grip when you come back on track as you did in previous years until you have "cleaned" your tyres. That in itself should help to keep drivers between the white lines.

Nice one @Lozzy thanks!

Any communication is good communication AFAIC. Looking forward to seeing the patch download pop up on my PS4.

Lozzy said:
Morning all,

Cheers

I said it is a good thing the artificial slowdown is gone.

I was also commenting that if you do go into the gravel you do not get a loss of grip when you come back on track as you did in previous years until you have "cleaned" your tyres. That in itself should help to keep drivers between the white lines.

You could actually see the crap on the tires until they cleared. Now you just see a trace for a few seconds.

Lozzy said:

Thanks for the update. Are the team aware that in full quali format some drivers go out on the wrong tyres and/or wait way too long to go out? I've had to resort to short quali just so all cars will set times on the option tyre when it's dry. In dry conditions, several cars including Ricciardo always go out on Primes in 2014 season Q2, for instance, and rarely make it to Q3 as a result. This and the issue with cars not going out until the final few minutes in all quali sessions needs to be addressed. Lewis Hamilton in particular seems to have issues setting proper times in Q3 because of waiting too long to go out. In many instances I'd see him qualify P10 with no time set, or P7 and be 2.5 seconds off Rosberg. This is obviously not realistic. If the appropriate people are not aware of these issues, please pass them on as they've been issues since day one.

Sorry @RadioactiveJim, agree with you, disagree with OP.

in fact agree with exactly what you about losing grip due to gravel, and taking time to clean up the tyres 

Could we please get the display to show the gap between you and the AI car behind you when they are more then 5 seconds behind. I haven't got a microphone and it takes too much time to go through keys when trying to race.