Jump to content Jump to content

Saudi Arabia,San Marino, Portugal

7 hours ago, Hub31 said:

What is the expected or when roughly can we expect San Marino Portugal Saudi Arabia to be added into the game ?? 

Post release content will be free DLC. That is all at this stage as will F2 2021.

• Thanks 1

In past to get full details of the track they had to have detailed info on track including tons of photos etc for it and with COVID that may take a while so doubt it be very soon after game released sadly.

10 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

Post release content will be free DLC. That is all at this stage as will F2 2021.

Right but is there a very rough estimated release date? I run a league and I'm trying to plan our calendar for our upcoming season. Even if that date is something as vague as "Q1 2022" or something.

Our season runs from August until December and I'm just trying to see if we can slip in some of the new tracks in our late season calendar. I understand you probably can't give out or don't have much information on this though so no worries if you can't say at this stage.

Wait what? Monza and Abu Dhabi is in the Game. I think u mean Imola, Portimao and Jeddah and we have already a thread for it. Look there 🙂

i think this can be closed 

Edited by Exodium
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

Can’t blame them for not giving an ETA (such as saying “it’ll arrive in late November”) as people will take that as set in stone and be annoyed if it doesn’t come in by that date.

Keeping it vague will be irritating for the player but stops them being beaten with a rod of their own creation for not meeting estimated deadlines. 

2 hours ago, FlyyByNightt said:

Right but is there a very rough estimated release date? I run a league and I'm trying to plan our calendar for our upcoming season. Even if that date is something as vague as "Q1 2022" or something.

Our season runs from August until December and I'm just trying to see if we can slip in some of the new tracks in our late season calendar. I understand you probably can't give out or don't have much information on this though so no worries if you can't say at this stage.

Currently there is no information. You will very probably get to know as soon as we do. Whack in a short track and then race it if the DLC hasn't arrived. 

44 minutes ago, Cappachino78 said:

I was expecting them to be released this year..

I would not be so sure. No date yet means no date yet, so why assume it would be before December 31st? Easy solution versus any form of false expectations or impatience:

Buy the game as soon as all tracks have been delivered, so you either get a complete game within a reasonable time, or you get a significant discount. Both might be a bit unlikely, though.

I was a little disheartened to not see any screenshots or even an easter egg of one, or more, of the new tracks in any of the trailers.  It did make me think that they're still potentially a way off if they weren't included yet but I guess they're supposed to hype up the game for the release date, of which they wouldn't be a part of, so I could have been overthinking it.

They could do a separate trailer for the new tracks as the method for how they announce the release date. Would be a way of reigniting interest a few months (or however long it is) down the line. 

23 minutes ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

It did make me think that they're still potentially a way off if they weren't included yet

That would be the first conclusion one would draw from the lack of new circuits in all official material, yes.

My best guess is, that they perfectly knew they would release the game incomplete since quite a while ago, and so they could not help but decide to focus on the features that *have* to be included at launch (story mode, 1st and foremost). Since the additional tracks are going to be released (a lot) later anyway, there was no need at all to show unfinished parts of these before launch.

And yes it would be nice if we had seen anything about the new tracks - sure, we will sooner or later, and appearently devs / EA thought that a story mode would sell more copies that more tracks included.

4 minutes ago, Schneehase said:

That would be the first conclusion one would draw from the lack of new circuits in all official material, yes.

My best guess is, that they perfectly knew they would release the game incomplete since quite a while ago, and so they could not help but decide to focus on the features that *have* to be included at launch (story mode, 1st and foremost). Since the additional tracks are going to be released (a lot) later anyway, there was no need at all to show unfinished parts of these before launch.

And yes it would be nice if we had seen anything about the new tracks - sure, we will sooner or later, and appearently devs / EA thought that a story mode would sell more copies that more tracks included.

I guess it is just brand perception. If you go big on including a new story mode and it's incomplete at release then you get panned. However, if you say you're introducing tracks then you have get-out clause of having other tracks anyway to fill the void until they're released and some people offer leniency as it's a trickier time with Covid.

Plus, having a later release like that gets interest back up again in the game. After the game has been out for 5-6 months, some players have already achieved their intentions for the game and moved onto other games. Having 3 new tracks introduced would bring them back in for a short while and get the game back in the public eye again. Easy marketing. 

Why do people keep asking for a time frame when it comes to in this case tracks, it be ready when it's ready plus I always understand that this will be a patch therefore that why we can not have a eta until Sony and Microsoft has checked the patch and give it the green flag and everyone should know that by now

• Agree 3
2 hours ago, breezyskells22 said:

Why do people keep asking for a time frame when it comes to in this case tracks, it be ready when it's ready plus I always understand that this will be a patch therefore that why we can not have a eta until Sony and Microsoft has checked the patch and give it the green flag and everyone should know that by now

Because they want to know when to expect it. A tautology like "it'll be ready when they've finished it" isn't remotely helpful to them.   It's like getting annoyed at someone for asking what time dinner is going to be ready as they want something and would like to know how long until they can have it. 

Considering the amount of planning people put into leagues, you can't blame them for wanting information on how they can best set up their next year of gaming and vague time windows help with that.  Everyone knows why they don't give a date as it forces them into a deadline but you can't blame people for wanting any information. 

I'd like Jeddah to come along before the actual Jeddah race as it'd be a brilliant 'hype' tool. It's already a controversial race so if it's fun on the game then it may alleviate some of the criticisms of the real life one.  It shouldn't do, but it could. 

• Agree 1
32 minutes ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

Because they want to know when to expect it. A tautology like "it'll be ready when they've finished it" isn't remotely helpful to them.   It's like getting annoyed at someone for asking what time dinner is going to be ready as they want something and would like to know how long until they can have it. 

Considering the amount of planning people put into leagues, you can't blame them for wanting information on how they can best set up their next year of gaming and vague time windows help with that.  Everyone knows why they don't give a date as it forces them into a deadline but you can't blame people for wanting any information. 

I'd like Jeddah to come along before the actual Jeddah race as it'd be a brilliant 'hype' tool. It's already a controversial race so if it's fun on the game then it may alleviate some of the criticisms of the real life one.  It shouldn't do, but it could. 

Yeah, answered in the other thread.

Can't believe people think CM would deliberately set themselves up for a fall by giving a target date and then failing to meet it. Why don't others understand that the workplace is still not sans-Covid and that delays will probably have a knock on effect for a couple of games yet. e.g. Liberty looking towards a 25 race calendar and rotating tracks is still a thing. 

Plus the signing off of assets, etc.

Planning leagues and people are moaning, well swap with planning the game I'm sure there are a lot less headaches with the former 🙂

• Agree 1
16 hours ago, Exodium said:

Wait what? Monza and Abu Dhabi is in the Game. I think u mean Imola, Portimao and Jeddah and we have already a thread for it. Look there 🙂

i think this can be closed 

He did say Saudi Arabia (Jeddah), San Marino (Imola) and Portugal (Portimao). Italy (Monza) and UAE (Abu Dhabi) are in the game. You're the one talking different tracks, he was correct. 🙂

11 minutes ago, FTBuzzard said:

I am well aware of that
I just wonder if Codemasters will work on the track until it is finished.

An interesting question. I guess it depends on when they finish actually building it.

For example, Codemasters will have a design of what it is supposed to look like and how the cars will behave on it.  The track could actually be built in real life and then Codemasters compare their data against the real life data and it may not correlate.  If it's something small then they may just fix it. However, if it is something sizable then they may want to leave it for next years edition. 

Yet, there would be a time where if the track is still being built in real-life beyond Codemasters deadline for when they wanted to finish their testing on it and if the real life build is dragging on then it may just be seen as too short-notice and they present what they've constructed from their own data without referring to the real life data. 

Obviously just speculation. If they weren't intending to offer the DLC until early next year anyway then it'd probably be after the track has been built and even raced on.