Jump to content Jump to content

Saudi Arabia,San Marino, Portugal


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

He did say Saudi Arabia (Jeddah), San Marino (Imola) and Portugal (Portimao). Italy (Monza) and UAE (Abu Dhabi) are in the game. You're the one talking different tracks, he was correct. 🙂

nope he edited his post or it might be a diffrent one before it got moved.... dont know... but there was definitly what i said 🙂

i was right in that case 🙂

Edited by Exodium
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Exodium said:

nope he edited his post or it might be a diffrent one before it got moved.... dont know... but there was definitly what i said 🙂

i was right in that case 🙂

As a moderator I can see the edit history of all posts and his has none. No need to fall out, but let's move on.

  • Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully the tracks are included in the first patch/update. If they're released after the real F1 season has finished it's almost pointless. It's a massive shame that we dont have all the tracks at launch and that the tracks included are out of date and the wrong layouts. 

It is what it is though, hopefully amending the layouts and getting these circuits into the game is top of CM priority list, guess we will have to wait and see.

  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, TFBISE16 said:

Hopefully the tracks are included in the first patch/update. If they're released after the real F1 season has finished it's almost pointless. It's a massive shame that we dont have all the tracks at launch and that the tracks included are out of date and the wrong layouts. 

It is what it is though, hopefully amending the layouts and getting these circuits into the game is top of CM priority list, guess we will have to wait and see.

well is it a shame that even CM needed to face the pandemic? I don´t think so. Please just try to understand why it´s delayed. If CM could, they would patch these tracks in even before the release. But when you just don´t have the possibility to finish them you need to do this first.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RaserPaul said:

well is it a shame that even CM needed to face the pandemic? I don´t think so. Please just try to understand why it´s delayed. If CM could, they would patch these tracks in even before the release. But when you just don´t have the possibility to finish them you need to do this first.

Weve all faced the pandemic bud that drum cant keep getting banged. 😴

Really hoping that this seasons F2 cars are brought into the game before the end of the season too!

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, FlyyByNightt said:

Right but is there a very rough estimated release date? I run a league and I'm trying to plan our calendar for our upcoming season. Even if that date is something as vague as "Q1 2022" or something.

Our season runs from August until December and I'm just trying to see if we can slip in some of the new tracks in our late season calendar. I understand you probably can't give out or don't have much information on this though so no worries if you can't say at this stage.

for my league we have planned a season without those tracks and said that if they are released in time then we will add or change some tracks to the new circuits 

it's not hard to plan to not include tracks which are not available at launch

Edited by cearp8858
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, TFBISE16 said:

Weve all faced the pandemic bud that drum cant keep getting banged. 😴

Really hoping that this seasons F2 cars are brought into the game before the end of the season too!

Well the games are developed in more than one year. it needs nearly 2 years to do so. If you have for nearly a year just half of the time on work due to short-time work or homeoffice it´s not that easy to deliver everything from the beginning. Thats just disrespectful

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

An interesting question. I guess it depends on when they finish actually building it.

For example, Codemasters will have a design of what it is supposed to look like and how the cars will behave on it.  The track could actually be built in real life and then Codemasters compare their data against the real life data and it may not correlate.  If it's something small then they may just fix it. However, if it is something sizable then they may want to leave it for next years edition. 

Yet, there would be a time where if the track is still being built in real-life beyond Codemasters deadline for when they wanted to finish their testing on it and if the real life build is dragging on then it may just be seen as too short-notice and they present what they've constructed from their own data without referring to the real life data. 

Obviously just speculation. If they weren't intending to offer the DLC until early next year anyway then it'd probably be after the track has been built and even raced on. 

but wasn't it the same situation with vietnam. The track wasn't finished when the game came out, and the track was in at release.

Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, FTBuzzard said:

but wasn't it the same situation with vietnam. The track wasn't finished when the game came out, and the track was in at release.

It's more or less along the same lines, yeah. However, something to bear in mind is alot of Vietnam study was pre-covid restrictions which probably helps with time. It probably helped that the game came out in July when the Vietnam race would have been March (I think) so the track would have been finished if it was kept on the calendar. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

they will release it ahead of the race in real life there.. got the information first hand... also because they have this feature where u can start live into the championship


EDIT: I mean jeddah circuit

Edited by insomniac287
i forgot something
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, insomniac287 said:

they will release it ahead of the race in real life there.. got the information first hand... also because they have this feature where u can start live into the championship


EDIT: I mean jeddah circuit

While I agree that I'm guesstimating that it'll be ahead of the race in real life, the second part has no real dictation.

It's 'Real Season Start" and a 'real season' that contains Canada, Australia, (possibly) China and Singapore and doesn't contain Turkey, Styria and an unnamed one.  So when you start 'live' in a season, like you say, you're starting from a calendar that doesn't actually exist. I'd assume it's based on the original calendar from months ago. So real season start has no relevance for the arrival date of the track, otherwise Portimao and Imola would have to be in from the very get-go as they've already happened. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

It's 'Real Season Start" and a 'real season' that contains Canada, Australia, (possibly) China and Singapore and doesn't contain Turkey, Styria and an unnamed one.  So when you start 'live' in a season, like you say, you're starting from a calendar that doesn't actually exist. I'd assume it's based on the original calendar from months ago. So real season start has no relevance for the arrival date of the track, otherwise Portimao and Imola would have to be in from the very get-go as they've already happened. 

If this is indeed a career style mode and we will have access to previous results among other information, how on earth are they going to explain this stuff in game. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KNT2011 said:

If this is indeed a career style mode and we will have access to previous results among other information, how on earth are they going to explain this stuff in game. 

I had heard rumours that it was going to be a career mode style game which confused me alot.

When they first announced the mode, I thought it was a one season wonder. You know, like a Championship mode thing.   Where you can start from any race during the season and it loads the real-life results and then you finish off the season from there. That made perfect sense. 

Then I heard it was an alternative career mode and that when you finish the season, it flows onto the next one. I have no idea how that works as they wouldn't know the driver transfers for the end of the season (for example, Hulky and Kvyat are rumoured for Williams). 

So, two alternatives remain; 

  1. Everyone stays at the same team forever using the original drivers for the season. 51 year old Kimi at Alfa will be a sight to see!
  2. It's like a normal career mode and F2 drivers come in to replace them. This is more likely but could hardly be referred to as Real-Season when they're winging it beyond season 2 using drivers that won't be in F1 or F2 beyond this year. For example, Samaia isn't making it to F1.. ever. Yet there's a chance the game will say he spends 8 seasons in F2 (against regulations, but whatever) and then he joins a team in Season 9. Poor drivers from F3 never make it to F1. 

 

Three further queries I have regarding it;

  1. What if, in real life, a driver joins a team mid-season?  For example, Vettel gets dropped from Aston and Hulkenberg comes in to replace him for the rest of the season. Does Hulkenberg then become the new Real-Season start driver from the season start or only the race he started? Same principle with driver swaps like Red Bull do. In cases of double-headers, they'd have a week to turn this around and rewrite the season previously. 
  2. Livery changes. If at Silverstone, Aston have their normal livery but change it for the next race, then will Aston have two liveries in the game? If so, do we get to choose which one we'd use in Grand Prix mode?  I'd assume, on principle, it'll just choose the new one and in Real Season, if you start from an older race, it'll use the older livery. That just sounds like more effort to implement so i'd imagine it would just be the new livery for every race during the season starting in Bahrain. 
  3. As tracks are incorrect, is it just the equivalent race weekend track? For example, Turkey over Singapore. If Vettel crashes out in Turkey, is it as simple as saying he crashed out in the equivalent Singapore race?

Tbh, I thought of more questions but it's only 15 more hours until most questions will be answered (or less for those who are apparently getting it earlier)

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

Then I heard it was an alternative career mode and that when you finish the season, it flows onto the next one. I have no idea how that works as they wouldn't know the driver transfers for the end of the season (for example, Hulky and Kvyat are rumoured for Williams). 

MY guess for this is it's either a championship mode and someone slipped up when describing it to a youtuber, who was the one who first announced it was a career mode. Or it's a one season deal with career style features such as car development etc. 

Otherwise, it opens a backdoor to picking a licensed driver for a full career, and I don't think they would do that, or be able to with licensing issues, but certainly not without making it an option in full career mode as well. 

As you say it's nearly here, we will find out! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Regarding the new tracks, I expect we will see them around September/October. Any later wouldn't make much sense in my opinion and 2022 would certainly be out of the question for release as they hype will pretty much be over and the focus on 2022 will be in swing.

My main question regarding the addition of tracks will be how they get integrated in to career mode, will we need to start over to get them or will we have an option to get them integrated in to existing saves. 

finally, regarding the real season start, its literally just a basic championship mode where you can choose to pickup where the season is in real life, with the relevant points tallies etc and finish the season from there, you can also retrospectively choose where to go from, obviously with the lack of the real calendar there will only be certain races you can choose to do, i.e. not Imola, Portimao, etc, at least until they've been added. People looking way too deep in to it, how will they explain how drivers crashed out in races the game doesn't have? Simple, it won't, it only needs the points tally, not a detailed rundown of what happened. There'll be no alternative liveries or anything like that. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, KNT2011 said:

MY guess for this is it's either a championship mode and someone slipped up when describing it to a youtuber, who was the one who first announced it was a career mode. Or it's a one season deal with career style features such as car development etc. 

Otherwise, it opens a backdoor to picking a licensed driver for a full career, and I don't think they would do that, or be able to with licensing issues, but certainly not without making it an option in full career mode as well. 

As you say it's nearly here, we will find out! 

It most likely will just be a simple Championship mode with no acclaim, driver transfer or even R&D development, only with real results involved, no way it will be an actual career mode since you aren't competing as yourself anyways.

It's just gonna be a gimmick mode, hope they prove me wrong, though. 

Edited by DRTApophis
Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, magpieracer48 said:

1. Regarding the new tracks, I expect we will see them around September/October. Any later wouldn't make much sense in my opinion and 2022 would certainly be out of the question for release as they hype will pretty much be over and the focus on 2022 will be in swing.

2. My main question regarding the addition of tracks will be how they get integrated in to career mode, will we need to start over to get them or will we have an option to get them integrated in to existing saves. 

3a. finally, regarding the real season start, its literally just a basic championship mode where you can choose to pickup where the season is in real life, with the relevant points tallies etc and finish the season from there, you can also retrospectively choose where to go from, obviously with the lack of the real calendar there will only be certain races you can choose to do, i.e. not Imola, Portimao, etc, at least until they've been added.

3b. People looking way too deep in to it, how will they explain how drivers crashed out in races the game doesn't have? Simple, it won't, it only needs the points tally, not a detailed rundown of what happened.

3c. There'll be no alternative liveries or anything like that. 

1. Expected time window for earliest guess for the majority. Usually it's a big patch every 2-3 months and then fixing the bugs for a month or so and then the next big patch.  The expectation is tracks will be October period and F2 will be December. However, pure speculation at this point.

2. That question came up on the 2020 forums. No definitive answer was provided on how the seasons work but assumptions were that you could use them from the next full season you do (when you're choosing your season length). Again, speculation.

3a. That's what I was led to believe but then it all went confusing when people were harping on about how it's a brand new career mode, which just didn't make sense.

3b. Agree. Discussed off this forum and it'll be as if the races didn't occur. You'll literally start an 'x' number of races with pre-set points. The real life events of those races won't matter, nor whether they represent a race that did or did not happen. However, this does mean there is no R&D, engine part limits or anything like that.

3c. It's not about 'alternative liveries' for the mode, per se. The query is about whether the 'Game-Real Season' liveries reflect the Actual Real Season liveries.  I'm sure you're aware that if a team so much as changes a sponsor location in real life then the forum gets flooded with posts about getting the livery updated and then the game gets updated with the new livery a few weeks later.   Basically, it was a query whether when they do update the liveries in the game, it permeates into the 'Real Season' as if it was always that way or only from the point it actually took place.     It has nothing to do with 'alternative' liveries like they're fancy aesthetics unique to the mode. It's real life liveries from the real world.    My initial assumption was that it is purely a exhibition/gimmick/fad mode where it doesn't have THAT level of intricacy to it but, in that case, I feel the etymology of saying a mode devoted to a season that contains incorrect tracks, incorrect liveries, potentially incorrect drivers if there are any changes, incorrect R&D growth, incorrect driver stats... could ever be referred to as a 'Real Season Start' when that is stretched logic at best. 

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/11/2021 at 1:52 PM, steviejay69 said:

As a moderator I can see the edit history of all posts and his has none. No need to fall out, but let's move on.

 

On 7/11/2021 at 1:46 PM, Exodium said:

nope he edited his post or it might be a diffrent one before it got moved.... dont know... but there was definitly what i said 🙂

i was right in that case 🙂

I also saw that he said that. But i was originally in another post. So someone at codemaster moved it here i think 🤔 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't help but think if they worked with part of the team. Beginning the build of these tracks as they were announced last year the majority of them would be complete by now. Apart from Jeddah. That's hindsight for you.

All I can say it's not going to look good having Istanbul two years in a row (if it goes ahead) without it being featured in the game. Covid or no covid.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, PaddySk said:

Can‘t imagine that we have to wait months. 
In career mode it states „missing tracks will be added shortly“.

they said the same with F2 20 in previous game, and "shortly" turns out to be december

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi there, I don't know if any may be able to answer this, CM hopefully, I would like to ask if I start an offline championship today, will I be able to add the 3 new circuits when they are available to that championship (career, GP mode or whatever) or will I have to start a new championship?

Thanks in advance,
Nuv

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, PaddySk said:

Can‘t imagine that we have to wait months. 
In career mode it states „missing tracks will be added shortly“.

Yes and also I got message in game to keep the game updated to get the new tracks as they come out but nowhere has codemasters committed to a date yet and shortly for a games company can be months away lol

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...