Jump to content Jump to content

Xbox One/Series Still Requiring Kinect for Voice Commands F1 2021? UPDATE: No Voice Command Availabl

I'm excited for F1 2021 but I am visually and hearing impaired so going through the MFD to ask Jeff specific questions while going 150 mph around the corners isn't the easiest thing to do.

Now that the Xbox Series platform no longer supports kinect, what will happen in terms of voice commands for the Xbox One/Series?

Also, the F1 titles are out of order on the Xbox lol20210704_115659.thumb.jpg.005d6067c5f745bd19520c625c1b4202.jpg

Edited by azombie1223
Forgot a sentence
3 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

Forgive my ignorance but what happens when you hold down the voice command button and speak into your headset?

Nothing

17 minutes ago, azombie1223 said:

Welp, no voice control available for the Series X

Entered in this forum just to search about this. It's absolutely UNBELIEVABLE.

What headset are you using? The official Xbox Wireless Headset? 

9 minutes ago, viniciusrsouza said:

Entered in this forum just to search about this. It's absolutely UNBELIEVABLE.

What headset are you using? The official Xbox Wireless Headset? 

A turtle beach headset from a few years back. It works swell in other games.

11 minutes ago, azombie1223 said:

A turtle beach headset from a few years back. It works swell in other games.

Just confirmed here. Doesn't work with Xbox Wireless Headset also!

This is insanely unbelievable! Series X, Dolby Atmos, an official wireless headset, a new generation supported game and STILL no support for voice commands.

Will Codemasters still blame Microsoft? 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • azombie1223 changed the title to Xbox One/Series Still Requiring Kinect for Voice Commands F1 2021? UPDATE: No Voice Command Availabl

Yup, doesn't appear they worked on implementing this again this year.  At least we get a fantasy story mode though.. 🙄   Beyond frustrating as a pad player to continue to have to scroll through the MFD.  

I'm so sure they will blame the game being cross generation! It's the same product for both Xbox One and Xbox Series, with the Smart Delivery feature. So we are "only" getting upgraded graphics and performance, but it's the same software.

Different from FIFA and NBA 2K where there are different/separate versions!

@azombie1223I was looking forward to using voice commands on my Xbox Series X using my headset but it looks like it's same joke as last year! How are you supposed to scroll down through the MFD menu in the middle of driving? C'mon... are they going to fix this!? I even suggested this last year to CodeMasters while they were developing the game. I'm using the RIG 800 headset. I'm not sure why they can't make it work if the headset is connected to the xbox directly. 

@viniciusrsouza did you said you tried the new xbox wireless headset and still doesn't work? 

Meanwhile, I found this: https://guides.magicgameworld.com/f1-2021-video-game-all-voice-commands-guide/ this means that this is false as well then. 

12 hours ago, Cristopherm27 said:

@azombie1223I was looking forward to using voice commands on my Xbox Series X using my headset but it looks like it's same joke as last year! How are you supposed to scroll down through the MFD menu in the middle of driving? C'mon... are they going to fix this!? I even suggested this last year to CodeMasters while they were developing the game. I'm using the RIG 800 headset. I'm not sure why they can't make it work if the headset is connected to the xbox directly. 

@viniciusrsouza did you said you tried the new xbox wireless headset and still doesn't work? 

Meanwhile, I found this: https://guides.magicgameworld.com/f1-2021-video-game-all-voice-commands-guide/ this means that this is false as well then. 

Exactly. Even the official Xbox Wireless Headset doesn't work.

On 7/13/2021 at 2:59 AM, viniciusrsouza said:

Just confirmed here. Doesn't work with Xbox Wireless Headset also!

This is insanely unbelievable! Series X, Dolby Atmos, an official wireless headset, a new generation supported game and STILL no support for voice commands.

Will Codemasters still blame Microsoft? 

AND SONY! But it’s never their fault! 

They managed to destroy it on PS5 as well. Even when there’s a high tech controller with 2 mic’s that work perfectly (game and party chats) but according to CM the NEXTGEN consoles are technically LIMITED! 😂 What a joke and sooo emberassing if you make statements like that. 

(meanwhile at EA HQ: they read statement about technical limitations on nextgen and are like….. WHAAAAAAT???😵💫😵💫😵💫 What were we thinking when taking over CM😂😂😂)

Both consoles are absolute powerhouses, but ONLY according to CM they are technically limited😂 GO PLAY ASTRO Playroom, and try blowing in your Dualsense mic! Thats just 1 example

technically limited: best joke in days!

Edited by AlexTT
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Voice radio command is a great feature (especially for pad users), it sucks not being able to use it on xbox, any official words on why it is not implemented on xbox?

• Agree 1
On 7/11/2021 at 5:21 PM, azombie1223 said:

PSX is able to use their microphones.

Only ps4 can, ps5 can't use microphone either (thers a bloody microphone in the controller...... "technical limitations" seems like a nonsens excuse....)

https://steamdb.info/app/1134570/history/

Look at this. It looks like a patch is coming in a few days. In the packages are a lot of kinect files. This is for the PC steam version, Maybe the X Box is getting a bigger patch and not 1.04. They work definetly on the kinect speech problem.

I hope this will patch the AI and car performance too.

This could be a big one. I´ve looked into the QA Test Branch link. The testing files are 39,8 GB big. 

https://steamdb.info/depot/1134572/

Edited by MadEvilBeavis76
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

@philappleraily how do you know? I'm staying hopeful man... this is a huge part in racing! everyone that has a next-gen console owns a headset. I don't see the 'technical limitations' if worse comes to worse, they should at least make it to a point where you have to use Microsoft's new gaming headset. I currently own the RG800 (comes with a mic) and connects to my XSX via USB.