Jump to content Jump to content

Xbox One/Series Still Requiring Kinect for Voice Commands F1 2021? UPDATE: No Voice Command Availabl

7 hours ago, Cristopherm27 said:

@philappleraily how do you know? I'm staying hopeful man... this is a huge part in racing! everyone that has a next-gen console owns a headset. I don't see the 'technical limitations' if worse comes to worse, they should at least make it to a point where you have to use Microsoft's new gaming headset. I currently own the RG800 (comes with a mic) and connects to my XSX via USB. 

I don’t se the technical limitations either but if it was a bug you would not read a message in red on your screen with it. They even don’t say they are working on it.

CM always concentrates on new features (this year their Braking Point). They did not fix certain thîngs because they think it’s not important.

just an example : lapped cars cannot overtake the Safety Car. They will never implement this because this won’t make more sells! Simple as that.

Next year, they will add a new story or feature the real f1 fan or sim racer does not care. This is how it goes.

Hope I’m wrong and you’ll get voice command soon.

On 7/20/2021 at 6:36 PM, MadEvilBeavis76 said:

https://steamdb.info/app/1134570/history/

Look at this. It looks like a patch is coming in a few days. In the packages are a lot of kinect files. This is for the PC steam version, Maybe the X Box is getting a bigger patch and not 1.04. They work definetly on the kinect speech problem.

I hope this will patch the AI and car performance too.

This could be a big one. I´ve looked into the QA Test Branch link. The testing files are 39,8 GB big. 

https://steamdb.info/depot/1134572/

Kinect Speech Recognition is the dependency used for voice recognition on PC. If you see file changes made to kinect speech recognition files, they're most likely not changes made by Codemasters.

The depot you linked is just the tracks depot, it lists every file that's downloaded when you download the tracks while installing the game through Steam

On 7/20/2021 at 12:36 PM, MadEvilBeavis76 said:

https://steamdb.info/app/1134570/history/

Look at this. It looks like a patch is coming in a few days. In the packages are a lot of kinect files. This is for the PC steam version, Maybe the X Box is getting a bigger patch and not 1.04. They work definetly on the kinect speech problem.

I hope this will patch the AI and car performance too.

This could be a big one. I´ve looked into the QA Test Branch link. The testing files are 39,8 GB big. 

https://steamdb.info/depot/1134572/

Don't want to be the "bad news" guy, but I remember last year someone here saying that even the PC version still used Kinect files until nowadays in Windows, but Microsoft in recent years updated them to let people use voice commands without the need of that archaic and extinct device.

Meanwhile, nothing was done on Xbox to let us enjoy it with our headsets, even this new wireless recently released.

By the way, there are other games that DO HAVE this feature, without needing a Kinect. Forza Horizon 4 is an example and I discovered this exactly right here in this forum, when someone was answering another voice commands thread.

Edited by viniciusrsouza
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/20/2021 at 4:08 PM, iekue said:

Only ps4 can, ps5 can't use microphone either (thers a bloody microphone in the controller...... "technical limitations" seems like a nonsens excuse....)

seriously?? i cant do voice commands with my dualsense? are they on drugs or something?