Jump to content Jump to content

Game telemetry / data

F1Aussie

Another thing that is lacking is the ability to a send game data to more than one device. I run a display on my steering wheel and shakers on my rig and in prior years of this series I could only ever run one or the other. No other racing game I have played limits the telemetry to just one device. 

I know there have been external apps that can make this work but why can't it run natively from the game rather than having to use something externally?

This and lack of mouse support had killed off my interest in buying the F1 series on a yearly basis, something I have not done for quite a while now.

8 hours ago, F1Aussie said:

Another thing that is lacking is the ability to a send game data to more than one device. I run a display on my steering wheel and shakers on my rig and in prior years of this series I could only ever run one or the other. No other racing game I have played limits the telemetry to just one device. 

I know there have been external apps that can make this work but why can't it run natively from the game rather than having to use something externally?

This and lack of mouse support had killed off my interest in buying the F1 series on a yearly basis, something I have not done for quite a while now.

Broadcast mode is exactly for this. It's in the hardware_settings_config.xml or can be set from the Telemetry Settings menu where you set your target local IP (or not). 

If the third party devices and software can't cope with that, then that's not really down to Codemasters. The UDP threads are available as are developer builds AFAIK.

• Like 1

I can't remember exactly how it works now but how long has this been available for? All I can recall from a couple of years ago is that it was not possible to run both eksimracing or fanatec displays in fanalab in conjunction with shakers running through a dedicated soundcard and amps and simvibe. Did this change with the 2020 version?

Edited by F1Aussie
Update

2 hours ago, F1Aussie said:

I can't remember exactly how it works now but how long has this been available for? All I can recall from a couple of years ago is that it was not possible to run both eksimracing or fanatec displays in fanalab in conjunction with shakers running through a dedicated soundcard and amps and simvibe. Did this change with the 2020 version?

I am pretty sure that this has been a thing since at least F1 2018

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, cearp8858 said:

sim hub has a udp relay function built in where you can assign extra ip's to relay udp data 

Not to go too much off-topic here, but why would you need that with Broadcast Mode available in F1 games? For compatibility reasons with older/****** network hardware?