Jump to content Jump to content

Why is Akkerman so old?


Recommended Posts

56 minutes ago, Schneehase said:

I dont see the issue, when Alain Prost retired he was in his 40ies and already looked like Akkerman's elder brother. From the content I have seen, Akkerman looks like somewhere in his late 30ies or early 40ies, like a man who lived his life to the fullest. Normal aging for a long time F1 driver, I d say, under that perspective the character is well chosen.

The issue is that I never heard of Akkerman. Like the MCU timelines we are stepping in to an alternative timeline within the Formula 1 universe. Casper needs a believable backstory to be still driving Formula 1. From what I have seen so far I don't like Akkerman as a person but that's probably because of the lack of respect that I have for this to me unknown character. Sure he can still be in F1 at that age but than he's got to be a real legend. I hope he's not that kinda person that nags on every time you see him about that one time he actually got a podium finish somewhere in the 90's.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BelgiumDude said:

Sure he can still be in F1 at that age but than he's got to be a real legend.

No, not necessarily.

Grosjean is 35 years old and was in F1 recently, Never won anything but had enough talent to keep him in formula 1 for years. 

 Jean Alesi spend 13 years in f1, ended his career at 37 age, but won only 1 race.

Akkerman just needs a backstory.

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't have a problem with Akkerman being in F1 still, even tho he's old for the sport. He shouldn't be on AlphaT/Toro Rosso, I don't remember them employing an older driver for a while now.

Oh well, I can suspend belief a bit and get over it, we are playing a made up story after all!

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, KNT2011 said:

It's fine, he has a hot wife. 

I remember that was an argument for Hulkenberg back in 2019 when Renault were considering their driver options between him and Ocon.

One in the Pro-Nico column was that seeing his partner in the garage was worth him staying. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

I remember that was an argument for Hulkenberg back in 2019 when Renault were considering their driver options between him and Ocon.

One in the Pro-Nico column was that seeing his partner in the garage was worth him staying. 

I think we've just answered why Casper is still in F1

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

As your on about why Akkerman is so old I thought it would be fun to share this 

For me I'm interested to see how the breaking point story turns out in some of the videos by the YouTubers I get the impression that Akkerman is a loaner and fears that he's going to get replaced by a new up and commer due to his age 

Screenshot_20210711-160705.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FTBuzzard said:

No, not necessarily.

Grosjean is 35 years old and was in F1 recently, Never won anything but had enough talent to keep him in formula 1 for years. 

 Jean Alesi spend 13 years in f1, ended his career at 37 age, but won only 1 race.

Akkerman just needs a backstory.

Are you now saying that Grosjean is not a legend or that Grosjean looks fifty? 🧐

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BelgiumDude said:

Are you now saying that Grosjean is not a legend or that Grosjean looks fifty? 🧐

yes. Grosjean is no legend

And just because someone looks old doesn't mean he is old.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Prost will potentially be racing at the age of 76 in the game if he's your MyTeam teammate in Season 10, I think Akkerman may have gone to school with him. 

I do feel sorry for Akkerman as he's getting a tough break here!  Imagine if there's a scene where it gives his age and he's like "I'm 33 and this is my last chance". Poor pensioner. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

Prost will potentially be racing at the age of 76 in the game if he's your MyTeam teammate in Season 10, I think Akkerman may have gone to school with him. 

I do feel sorry for Akkerman as he's getting a tough break here!  Imagine if there's a scene where it gives his age and he's like "I'm 33 and this is my last chance". Poor pensioner. 

that's just the way it is in this day and age. people are far too quick to make a judgment about someone and then they never deviate from it.

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, BelgiumDude said:

People just aren't creative enough to come up with good backstories 🤷‍♂️ 

Or they just assumed that most people will just take it for what it is and won't question too much as it is supposed to be just abit of fun. The fools! 🤣

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Social Media & Community Team
On 7/11/2021 at 11:37 AM, KNT2011 said:

final_60eac908c01490002fa3290b_729607.thumb.png.7e519d3ca72cc4819bb3516b5aa3a7bb.png

Come on guys have some empathy! :classic_laugh:

Ah yes, the Dutch David Coulthard / Kimi Raikkonen hybrid 😄 

 

image.png

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BelgiumDude said:

I got to admit. Kimi starts to look old as well. But he is a legend so his backstory checks out 

Not gonna lie, Kimi has lived a life. If not, THE life.   For someone who constantly has trace amounts of blood in his alcohol stream, I think he's not actually looking too bad for his lifestyle and age. 

Kimi will genuinely get away with alot of things that other drivers won't but you could say he's earned that over 20 years of people growing with him.  I can accept a scenario of Casper being in the sport for 20 years and him being an icon of the sport to the in-game character(s) but it's hard to identify as a player in the same way with someone you didn't evolve with personally so he comes across as a crusty old man with an attitude problem in the trailers. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

Not gonna lie, Kimi has lived a life. If not, THE life.   For someone who constantly has trace amounts of blood in his alcohol stream, I think he's not actually looking too bad for his lifestyle and age. 

Kimi will genuinely get away with alot of things that other drivers won't but you could say he's earned that over 20 years of people growing with him.  I can accept a scenario of Casper being in the sport for 20 years and him being an icon of the sport to the in-game character(s) but it's hard to identify as a player in the same way with someone you didn't evolve with personally so he comes across as a crusty old man with an attitude problem in the trailers. 

It's likely impossible but I would have taken the action being set at Alfa and Kimi playing the real part. Now that would be an F1 story mode for the ages. Terrible voice acting and all (he may be really good I have no idea but I assume it would be quite stiffly delivered)

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, KNT2011 said:

It's likely impossible but I would have taken the action being set at Alfa and Kimi playing the real part. Now that would be an F1 story mode for the ages. Terrible voice acting and all (he may be really good I have no idea but I assume it would be quite stiffly delivered)

I imagine it would have been nigh-on impossible to get Kimi on board. If Kimi doesn't want to do something, Kimi really doesn't do it!    Maybe Vettel would have been an option as he seems like he's generally up for a laugh these days people were trying to say he was, and i quote, 'washed'. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...