Jump to content Jump to content

Why is Akkerman so old?

I’m not wondering why he looks the way he looks relating to his age. I am more confused why he doesn’t have a Dutch accent! 🇳🇱 🤔

Codemasters, if you need a chap with a Dutch accent, ping me a PM! 🤪

P

• Haha 1

Wow scrolling through the comments there's a lot of ageist people here. Perhaps some of you would look this old if you were pushing 5-7 times the amount of G forces to normal gravity. 

I mean if you still have the ability why not continue to participate?

But hey who I am to judge criticize on. Everybody has to look like supermodels these days.

Edited by Chromatic
33 minutes ago, Chromatic said:

Wow scrolling through the comments there's a lot of ageist people here. Perhaps some of you would look this old if you were pushing 5-7 times the amount of G forces to normal gravity. 

But hey who I am to judge criticize on. Everybody has to look like supermodels these days.

I'm 52, don't call me an ageist. Have you actually played braking point already. I don't want to spoil the story but play it before calling me an ageist.

2 hours ago, Chromatic said:

I mean, yeah. Some insensitive comments but it is just supposed to be fun.  If Casper has taken offence then personally i'm happy to apologise to him. The problem may occur with the fact he doesn't exist but a small problem to navigate. 

It's a valid question for why he looks so old, and yes, he's had a hard life of pushing those G forces but so have Button, Rosberg and Lewis. When Casper is closer in appearance to a 60 year Alain Prost than them, I think he's spent one too many weekends testing in the wind tunnel without a helmet on. 

Still it all makes more sense with context as, even in the game, they call him old. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Chromatic said:

Firstly, you do know that he's fictional, right?

Secondly, offence is taken, not given.

Thirdly, why assume we're all young? I'm older than 90% of the grid.

It comes down to realism - the same way you would expect 50-60-year-olds in golf games because that's the scenario in real life, you shouldn't expect a 50-year-old in an F1 game, especially not one as part of the main story line.

• Like 1